Following someone on Strava app

Found 8th Feb
I use the Strava app and someone I do not know has followed me on Strava.

I am a bit paranoid about strangers following me or wanting to be my friend on social media so does anyone know what the follower would see if they followed me on Strava?

Will they see my movement as Strava shows the routes covered.

I am uncertain why someone would want to follow me who does not know me unless they want to see where I am?
Community Updates
AskSoftware & Apps
7 Comments
Set a privacy zone - it stops people seeing where you live.
Set your account to private. I have a couple of randoms following me, doesn't bother me.
Original Poster
Paddy_o_furniture3 h, 13 m ago

Set a privacy zone - it stops people seeing where you live. Set your …Set a privacy zone - it stops people seeing where you live. Set your account to private. I have a couple of randoms following me, doesn't bother me.

i can't see privacy zone, only enhanced privacy, which i have now selected. it states that no one will be able to see my routes from now on, but past routes are not protected from public view.

i guess i should delete all past routes?
It's worth noting that if you take part in a race with others, you'll still appear in the list of athletes who ran\cycled that event around the same time.

I've use strava and I've set my profile so I need to accept followers. I also hide my starting location by a privacy zone but in reality it's pointless as someone could easily find you within that zone. Also if you have any CRS or KoMs that activity isn't hidden but someone couldn't flick through the rest of your profile:)
Original Poster
darlodge58 m ago

It's worth noting that if you take part in a race with others, you'll …It's worth noting that if you take part in a race with others, you'll still appear in the list of athletes who ran\cycled that event around the same time.I've use strava and I've set my profile so I need to accept followers. I also hide my starting location by a privacy zone but in reality it's pointless as someone could easily find you within that zone. Also if you have any CRS or KoMs that activity isn't hidden but someone couldn't flick through the rest of your profile:)

i found the private zone hiding now. it is only available on the website when i log into my account and not on the app itself.

by setting the privacy to enhanced privacy, it now hides all my activities so i don't need to hide any home area anymore as nothing will be seen.
It hides them but if you get on a segment leader board or a KOM every Strava user can see that and could give kudos. They just can't start to browse all your routes and activities.
Original Poster
darlodge14 h, 20 m ago

It hides them but if you get on a segment leader board or a KOM every …It hides them but if you get on a segment leader board or a KOM every Strava user can see that and could give kudos. They just can't start to browse all your routes and activities.

i am still uncertain about what to do about my previous route logs as the privacy that i have selected yesterday only protects new routes. it means i will have to delete them if i do not want people to see them in future. hmmmmm......
I'm not sure about that I'm afraid. There are Strava forums and a user community so maybe post there? Strava is good but it's worrying how much you can found out about a person from their activity zones.

Work, personal addresses, hours they are gone, usual routes and times etc.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants