FON - free wifi network

4 replies
Found 14th Apr 2009
Is anyone a member of this?...

My issue is that I'm currently moved up north, and I dont have interent access. I stumbled across this, and its basically saying that you buy a router, that shared your wifi, and then you get a code to share others... and it looks like your always near a hotspot!

However, my question is, can i buy a router, and get my mate to connect it for say a few hours, and get it all hooked up. Then he and me, share that wifi password for free wifi?.. then disconnect it from the net from his house?..

hope this is making sense.. i just want wifi... even a slow connection will doo!..

I would buy it, but i then need to get a bt line too.. and cant get cable, and currently my housemate aint sure if he's staying for much longer, cus might be made redundant soon... so rather wait till thats cleared up.

If anyone wants to trial this out, im happy to pay abit towards a router, and then if everyone does the same, maybe we can have a HDUK FON network?.. where we share the code for free wifi to everyone else...

apparently its worldwide....

Check out link in next thread,...

4 Comments

I'm on a similar thing with BT, Think it's called BT Fon

Original Poster

yer its the same thing.. so do you need a password or anything, or do you just conntect using your name and password?

Kandiman1983;4920373

yer its the same thing.. so do you need a password or anything, or do you … yer its the same thing.. so do you need a password or anything, or do you just conntect using your name and password?

Look here

fon.com/en/
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769326
    2. Any Xbox One news today?2356173
    3. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland2660
    4. Sweet Sunday Codes11

See more discussions