Groups

Fon: La fonera WIFI help!!!!

I have recently received my free La Fonera wifi router, however, I seem to be having trouble going wireless. Not sure if its me and something I am forgetting to do, but I get confirmation that my laptop can pick up the router with an excellent reading - but I cannot access the web.

this is proving very frustrating - any help is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

Regards

Damaje73

2 Comments

I don't have the Fonera router yet so I'll make a stab in the dark...

Can you actually connect to the Access Point?

Can you ping the router? Is the router actually connecting to the internet?

Can you see the ipaddress, gateway address, dns address's all in the status/administration pages?

Is your laptop acquiring a NAT ip address from the router?

Is the router DHCP settings actually turned on, with DHCP ip ranges, dns entries?

Have you checked all the router settings to ensure that nothing is preventing you?

damaje73

I have recently received my free La Fonera wifi router, however, I seem … I have recently received my free La Fonera wifi router, however, I seem to be having trouble going wireless. Not sure if its me and something I am forgetting to do, but I get confirmation that my laptop can pick up the router with an excellent reading - but I cannot access the web.this is proving very frustrating - any help is greatly appreciated.Many thanks in advanceRegardsDamaje73

Read page 5 of the booklet and it will be explained. You also have to put in the s/n from the bottom of the router as your WEP code, this might be where you are going wrong. I had no problems with mine. I also have it running out of my Belkin so I have 2 wifi units running at the moment.

You have to select the FON_AP signal and then enter wifi.fon.com in your browser then register and then do your settings.

HTH's
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424814504
      2. One for the mathmaticians2847
      3. One thing you've forgotten55
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767462

See more discussions