Fonesure Insurance

Found 14th Dec 2011
Has anyone discovered that they have been stuck with insurance through Fonesure that they didn't ask for? I'm paying £3.99pm for it and never agreed to any insurance through them.
Community Updates
MiscInsurance
6 Comments
Jumpingphil

I think you want the misc section here.Feddback is for problems … I think you want the misc section here.Feddback is for problems with/about the site.Click the report button in your OP ans ask a mod to move it for you.

Done. I thought feedback meant on any issue.
Moved to 'Misc' - Thanks for the report
phone them up, they should cancel it for you, hope you can get a refund, it is a little scam to get customers on new contracts
You would have had 3 months free at the start of your contract making YOU responsible for cancelling it
Turns out it was from the 19" SEG LCD/DVD TV I bought after spotting it on here through Expansys. A total scam that should be outlawed through legislation. I will not be purchasing anything from that Company ever again.

On friday 27 th january 2012. I had my phone stolen from my jacket pocket at a gig in l coventry. I was heartbroken, one of my expensive gadgets stolen from on my person. I was shaken up and did everything in my power to get the phone blocked with NOKIA N 8 Mobile and contacted the Metropolitan Police. Everthing was sorted so that no costs were incurred and everything was ready to deal with the insurance comapny.

I called the insurance company up on the saturday, they were closed, it stated that they would offer an answerphone for me to leave my details but this didn't seem to be working. So I emailed them straight away to serve notice that i had to make a claim (you have to make a claim within 24hours of the phoen theft)
I called them up on monday (after not hearing from them all day) and chatted to a nice lady who was very sympathetic and took down all my details.

I emailed them with my completed claim form, proof that I cancelled my contract and my mobile phone receipt perfectly in place to make a claim. After 2 days i called them to see how my claim is going and got the response "you will hear by the end of the day".. this excuse continued for 6 days until i finally lost my mind and demanded an answer and i got the following..

"Your claim has been denied under sections 2, 3 and 10 of your mobile phone insurance contract. We will be writing to you to let you know that your claim has been denied and advise of steps that can be taken if you want to appeal"

These are sections 2, 3 and 10...

2. theft of the Gadget from any premises or mode of transport unless involving forcible and violent entry or exit

3. theft of the Gadget from the person of the user unless involving force or the threat thereof.

10. loss of the Gadget loss of use or any other costs that are directly or indirectly caused by the event which led to your claim unless specifically stated in this policy

. can anyone please help me.
I'm currently arguing the following points...

- 2. Theft of the Gadget from any premises or mode of transport unless involving forcible and violent entry or exit
The Mobile Phone was NOT stolen from any premises or mode of transport it was stolen from my jeans pocket, the jeans were on my person at the time.

- 3. Theft of the Gadget from the person of the user unless involving force or the threat thereof
The Mobile Phone was stolen from my jeans pocket, the theif forcably entered my jeans pocket in order to steal the phone.

- 10. Loss of the Gadget, loss of use or any other costs that are directly or indirectly caused by the event which led to your claim unless specifically stated in this policy.
The phone was not lost, the crime report (please check with the Metropolitan Police crime ref:230614*/**) shows that over 10 mobile phones were stolen on the night forcefully from peoples pockets and handbags.

PLEASE PEOPLE DONT BUY OR TAKE UP INSURANCE WITH FONESURE.. EVEN IF ITS FREE!! PLEASE PEOPLE DONT BUY OR TAKE UP INSURANCE WITH FONESURE.. EVEN IF ITS FREE!!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants