Food chopper/dicer - need to find good and reliable one. Thanks

7 replies
Found 19th Apr
I prefer my salads (except lettuce) chopped like a thick/crunchy salsa / julienne(but short)

I tried Morrisons £10 (similar to image below) effort but it failed miserably
assets.goodhousekeeping.co.uk/mai…jpg

I've searched the likes of Amazon but reviews, as we all know, are questionable (I always take more notice of the 1 stars rather than the "I've been given all these free gadgets so I best give good reviews" comments.

I'd prefer manual but don't want to spend more than £20 approx (unless it's really worth it) because I'm a tight.......

Anyone got one that they use regularly without issues - please post links if possible

Thanks in advance

7 Comments

I don't think you can better doing it by hand. Watch youtube to find out how. It's not as if you need to do loads. We do have a Russel hobs chopper from asda. Was £18.It's ok for a wiz around and some chopping. I see similar in charity shops for £5 or less if you must.

wayners

I don't think you can better doing it by hand. Watch youtube to find out … I don't think you can better doing it by hand. Watch youtube to find out how. It's not as if you need to do loads. We do have a Russel hobs chopper from asda. Was £18.It's ok for a wiz around and some chopping. I see similar in charity shops for £5 or less if you must.

Agree. I've tried various gadgets and they are either not strong enough or mash it to pulp.

Nicer dicer is a good chopper with various blades and mandolin for slicing etc if you don't mind something abit bulkier than the above chopper

we like ours exactly the same, we also disguise vegetables from the kids in Bolognese, lasagne, cottage pie etc etc with small diced veg etc, I found no food chopper did any good for us.

in the end I found a kitchen aid mandolin at costco for £10 and it's been my best purchase ever, it doesn't dice but it does Julienne and then we chop it from there. We've had other mandolines but the kitchenAid one is quality.

amazon.co.uk/Kit…1EM

Quite happy with this little chopper:
amazon.co.uk/gp/…HI2

Electric. With glass bowl. Bought for £15 last year (now £24).

But it is a chopper. No pretty dicing or slicing

Original Poster

Thanks for advice

I currently chop with sharp knife but get bored when it's just for one then have to refrigerate the rest only for it to go off after a couple of days (whereby fresh uncut foods last a little longer) then have to restart the process again.

I was thinking along the lines of chucking in a tomato, a big chunk of cucumber, half an onion and probably some other "goods" then chop and serve (therefore not needing to refrigerate (potentially waste) )

That's why I picked up the £10 gadget from Morrisons but if failed on the tomato

philphil61

Thanks for adviceI currently chop with sharp knife but get bored when … Thanks for adviceI currently chop with sharp knife but get bored when it's just for one then have to refrigerate the rest only for it to go off after a couple of days (whereby fresh uncut foods last a little longer) then have to restart the process again.I was thinking along the lines of chucking in a tomato, a big chunk of cucumber, half an onion and probably some other "goods" then chop and serve (therefore not needing to refrigerate (potentially waste) )That's why I picked up the £10 gadget from Morrisons but if failed on the tomato

Chopping different textured veg will never give you good results. The tomato and cucumber will be pulped by the time the onion is chopped. You'd need to do them separately whatever tool you get.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. word association Game74244871
    2. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322826
    3. Misco about to go into administration912
    4. Add one, leave one game54315392

See more discussions