Food delivery driver’s insurance

Posted 19th Feb
Hi anybody can recommend food (car) delivery driver insurance?
And how things work?
Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

12 Comments
Speak to a broker, don't take advice for something like that on here.
I'll be hated for saying this. I and all the other drivers I knew never used it. I actually enquired about it, and the long story was that no insurance covers you because you leave the car. Or so it was put across. They take the money you handle and the food you deliver into it, they just don't really know what cover you need. That was years ago mind you.
Zego PAYG? It depends how often you intend to work. Not a personal recommendation, but I used it for Just Eat deliveries.
britlad19/02/2020 22:15

Zego PAYG? It depends how often you intend to work. Not a personal …Zego PAYG? It depends how often you intend to work. Not a personal recommendation, but I used it for Just Eat deliveries.

Just looked and it says "To get insurance with us, you need to be working with one of our approved work providers"........ Just two and it's Deliveroo and Ubereats
Edited by: "steve.t" 19th Feb
Timmybuktoo19/02/2020 21:38

Speak to a broker, don't take advice for something like that on here.

I spoke to one and he said Unlikely to be less than £2000..... really
I also enquires about being insured for specific hours as I would only be doing it for 8 hours a week and the rest on normal insurance. They said no it's all or nothing.
I pay £300 a month for mine from Insurance Revolution. Would love for the Police to clamp down on delivery drivers not having the correct insurance. It grinds my gears that I pay for it but 99% of drivers probably don't.
steve.t19/02/2020 22:52

I spoke to one and he said Unlikely to be less than £2000..... reallyI …I spoke to one and he said Unlikely to be less than £2000..... reallyI also enquires about being insured for specific hours as I would only be doing it for 8 hours a week and the rest on normal insurance. They said no it's all or nothing.

So either keep doing your job and pay £2000 insurance or find another career. Takeaway drivers are high risk for accidents, hence the premium. You can't expect insurance to be handed on a plate.
mrcaptain19/02/2020 23:57

I pay £300 a month for mine from Insurance Revolution. Would love for the …I pay £300 a month for mine from Insurance Revolution. Would love for the Police to clamp down on delivery drivers not having the correct insurance. It grinds my gears that I pay for it but 99% of drivers probably don't.

So £300 a month ?
Wow that's more than taxi insurance.
You would have to earn £1500 to make that work ?
£1400 for Third party, theft, fire and S,D,P,C for 1year including no claim bonus protection.
From coversure.co.uk for food delivery insurance.
All depends on personal information.
Edited by: "Djpal123" 20th Feb
yozzman123420/02/2020 14:05

So £300 a month ? Wow that's more than taxi insurance. You would have to …So £300 a month ? Wow that's more than taxi insurance. You would have to earn £1500 to make that work ?

I earn more than that per month. Just have to put the hours in.
Djpal12320/02/2020 21:39

£1400 for Third party, theft, fire and S,D,P,C for 1year including no …£1400 for Third party, theft, fire and S,D,P,C for 1year including no claim bonus protection. From coversure.co.uk for food delivery insurance.All depends on personal information.

I was with Coversure before IR. They are sister companies.Coversure had me down as driving for 10 years when it was only 1. This caused a big issue when they gave the info over to IR, as the dates didn't match up with my driving licence. The premium I was quoted should have been much higher, but they accepted I wasn't at fault and kept the premium the same. Going to go up drastically at renewal for me though.
mrcaptain21/02/2020 02:36

I earn more than that per month. Just have to put the hours in. I was with …I earn more than that per month. Just have to put the hours in. I was with Coversure before IR. They are sister companies.Coversure had me down as driving for 10 years when it was only 1. This caused a big issue when they gave the info over to IR, as the dates didn't match up with my driving licence. The premium I was quoted should have been much higher, but they accepted I wasn't at fault and kept the premium the same. Going to go up drastically at renewal for me though.

What do you deliver ?
As most delivery jobs even using your own Vehicle here in the northwest are only paying £8-£9.50 an hour . So laying £3600 a year means you would have to do 60 hour weeks minimum.
yozzman123421/02/2020 07:44

What do you deliver ? As most delivery jobs even using your own Vehicle …What do you deliver ? As most delivery jobs even using your own Vehicle here in the northwest are only paying £8-£9.50 an hour . So laying £3600 a year means you would have to do 60 hour weeks minimum.

I do a local chinese 6 days a week, 6 hours per day, normally averaging about £15-20p/h. Although the past few weeks have been pretty poor, same with most local Chinese takeaway's/restaurants. A lot of people have gone off them because of the coronavirus. Sucks, but it is what it is.
I also do Ubereats, again averaging £18-20p/h. I do this around 20-30 hours a week, sometimes more.
Before Christmas, I was also doing some Amazon Flex. Most 4 hour slots could be completed in 2 or less, so I was making £52 for 2 hours work. They've dropped the pay now though, so not worth doing amazon just now.

This is all before I complete my self assessment, so don't really know what my actual take home will be.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants