Food in Leeds

Posted 5th Nov
I'm off Christmas shopping in Leeds in a few weeks. Can anyone suggest somewhere nice to eat or somewhere with midweek deals on as I'll be going on a Thursday. You could save me from eating at weatherspoons again!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

11 Comments
Ikea.
Haircut_10005/11/2019 15:23

Ikea.

Yuk food. He l/she needs a car for moving around Leeds then if they visit IKEA
Misslovely05/11/2019 15:37

Yuk food. He l/she needs a car for moving around Leeds then if they visit …Yuk food. He l/she needs a car for moving around Leeds then if they visit IKEA

True, but if you are coming in to Leeds from the A1(M) or M1 it’s a handy place to stop off for a cheap breakfast.
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 5th Nov
Haircut_10005/11/2019 17:04

True, but if you are coming in to Leeds from the M1 it’s a handy place to s …True, but if you are coming in to Leeds from the M1 it’s a handy place to stop off for a cheap breakfast.

Will be in the city centre going by train... Chooo chooooooo
You could download to the TooGoodToGo app.

Lots of business in the city use it to sell off the food at the end of breakfast, lunch and evening depending on how long you staying.

Or are you wanting a proper sit down meal in a pub, restaurant
myusernamehasgone23405/11/2019 17:14

You could download to the TooGoodToGo app.Lots of business in the city use …You could download to the TooGoodToGo app.Lots of business in the city use it to sell off the food at the end of breakfast, lunch and evening depending on how long you staying.Or are you wanting a proper sit down meal in a pub, restaurant

A sit down meal in a restaurant. Hoping the wife gets her purse out
There are lots of places to eat in Leeds city centre from all sorts of choices and for all sorts of budgets

Some more unusual ones include:

Fazenda - Brazilian bbq - they keep BBQ's meats at back and then bringing them out to you and slicing to your choice at your table (green red card for give me more) - just behind train station - most expensive in my list

Meat Liquor - bottom of trinity retro place which suits many style - do a lunchtime meal £10 for any main fries and non stop soda (like the dead hippy burger myself)

Back of Merrion you have two I like:
Bengal Brassaire - indian buffet lunchtime for £8.95 a person - limited choice but very good quality

2 doors down is Bulgogi - Korean bbq where you cook your own food on the bbq built into the table

Lots of street food style in Leeds - Top of trinity in its food hall has a number of choices (I like the rola wala indian street food there myself)

Kirkgate market has also now a food hall at the back (since John lewis opened) a lot of my colleagues like Mr Mackeral (turkish mixed kebab) where I like the Thai option there.

If you get near Millennium square there is the assembly which has a number of street food outlets within it whilst serving craft beers.

Never going to cover all as literally on the ones I have given I can name multiple around all of them.
OP have you considered using Tripadvisor, you'll get far more feedback from that source?
It may be worth checking trinityleeds.com/offers to see what offers are on before you go
@Bertz99 suggestion

For Fazenda if you like meat it is amazing.

Close to the train station too

fazenda.co.uk/leeds

“OUR UNIQUE Dining Experience

Your Fazenda journey starts at the salad bar, where you can find traditional hot and cold dishes, fresh vegetables, salads, cured meats, continental cheeses, and several other options to accompany your meal.

When you are ready for meat, simply flip your card from red 
to green and our Passadores (Meat Chefs) will bring skewers of sizzling meat one by one and will carve it 
right at your table. The red side of your card indicates you would simply like to enjoy each other's company without interruption. To resume service, simply show the green side again.”

38910262-ZtN1B.jpg
Edited by: "myusernamehasgone234" 5th Nov
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants