Found 22nd Jul 2008
i think i may have food poisioning any advice???

1. Misc
  2. Food
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Food
27 Comments

Banned

Depends on the symptoms and how bad you feel.

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]What should I do if I have food … [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]What should I do if I have food poisoning?[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Generally, symptoms resolve by themselves without any specific treatment, except in severe cases. [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Keep yourself hydrated by drinking plenty of fluids. Watch out for warning signs.[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]What are some warning signs? When should I call the doctor?[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Food poisoning often needs no hospitalisation. But do seek medical attention if you have one or more of the following: [/SIZE][/FONT][LIST][*][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]High fever[/SIZE][/FONT][*][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Blood in the stools[/SIZE][/FONT][*][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Prolonged vomitting (which can eventually cause dehydration)[/SIZE][/FONT][*][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Signs of dehydration, including a decrease in urination, a dry mouth and throat, and dizziness[/SIZE][/FONT][*][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Diarrhoea that lasts more than three days[/SIZE][/FONT][/LIST]

Food Poisoning TreatmentSelf-Care at HomeShort episodes of vomiting and … Food Poisoning TreatmentSelf-Care at HomeShort episodes of vomiting and small amounts of diarrhea lasting less than 24 hours can usually be cared for at home. [LIST][*]Do not eat solid food while nauseous or vomiting but drink plenty of fluids.[LIST][*]Small, frequent sips of clear liquids (those you can see through) are the best way to stay hydrated.[*]Avoid alcoholic, caffeinated, or sugary drinks. ]Over-the-counter ]rehydration products made for children such as Pedialyte and Rehydralyte are expensive but good to use if available.[*]Sports drinks such as Gatorade and Powerade are fine for adults if they are diluted with water because at full strength they contain too much sugar, which can worsen diarrhea.[/LIST][*]After successfully tolerating fluids, eating should begin slowly, when nausea and vomiting have stopped. Plain foods that are easy on the stomach should be started in small amounts. Consider eating rice, wheat, breads, potatoes, low-sugar cereals, lean meats, and chicken (not fried) to start. Milk can be given safely, although some people may experience additional stomach upset due to ]lactose intolerance.[*]Most food poisonings do not require the use of over-the-counter medicines to stop diarrhea, but they are generally safe if used as directed. It is not recommended that these medications be given to children. If there is a question or concern, you should always check with a doctor.

[/LIST]

Original Poster

thanx Predikuesi rep coming your way

Drink plenty of coca-cola, this isn't ajoke it really works.......kills everything!!!

If you get really sick and need some professional help contact your local NHS Direct service.

nhsdirect.nhs.uk/

I hope you feel better soon

Original Poster

Prissymiss;2577993

Depends on the symptoms and how bad you feel.

Diarrhoea started last nite carried on throughout the nite but now looks like choc milk, my body is boiling hot all over, body giving out alot and i mean alot of gases from both ends, stomach cramps and some very wierd noises coming from my stomach, but no vomiting thank god x

Original Poster

wendyak;2578022

Drink plenty of coca-cola, this isn't ajoke it really works.......kills … Drink plenty of coca-cola, this isn't ajoke it really works.......kills everything!!!

only have pepsi max will that do?

Original Poster

hottoshop;2578030

If you get really sick and need some professional help contact your local … If you get really sick and need some professional help contact your local NHS Direct service.http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/I hope you feel better soon

thank you really annoying though as its my week off work this week just hope it dosnt last too long

bellows;2578018

thanx Predikuesi rep coming your way

You are welcome. I hope you feel and get better soon.

BTW. My mother-in-law swears by making a drink out of pure fruit juice and a little salt if you get dehydrated. Personally, for all stomach problems, I use plain Greek yogurt. The bacteria in it gets to work immediately. I had a stomach problem for about eight months and was due to go in for keyhole surgury to see what the problem was. The Greek yogurt cleared it up in a week, so no need for the surgury.

hope you're feeling better and on the road to recovery!

Original Poster

kippy;2578120

hope you're feeling better and on the road to recovery!

thanx didnt get much sleep last nite so hopefully if i have a good kip mid morning it might help

bellows;2578037

looks like choc milk,

Too much information.

Banned

bellows;2578050

thank you really annoying though as its my week off work this week just … thank you really annoying though as its my week off work this week just hope it dosnt last too long

Sods law, that always happens to me too. Drink lots of water it will help flush your system through. Coke has caffiene in it, which whilst will act as a relaxant on your stomach will not help in other departments. :whistling:

Do you think you have contracted food poisoning from a restaurant or take away, if so please report the restaurant, so many people dont bother and these places need shutting down.

End it, peacefully.:p

Banned

OH hope you get well soon btw :-D

Original Poster

had a bbq at my dads sunday could have been something i ate then

Banned

bellows;2578220

had a bbq at my dads sunday could have been something i ate then

Ahh BBQ poisoning, was your dad cooking, thats OK then, mans perogative to make everyone else suffer :-D :roll:

Original Poster

great just had an email from my landlord and he is in the area tommorow and is popping into the flat to check everything is ok just what i need when im rough

Sloth/Mod

bellows;2578341

great just had an email from my landlord and he is in the area tommorow … great just had an email from my landlord and he is in the area tommorow and is popping into the flat to check everything is ok just what i need when im rough

You should be ok by then...........most bugs only last 24 hours. I doubt very much it's food poisoning as you wouldn't be sat on the PC and would be very, very poorly.

Hope you bounce back soon.

Original Poster

yeah feeling better then i did at 7am still on toliet quite often but just trying to take my mind of it or i make myself worse gonna have a kip in a min as knackered hopefully that will help

I have had a bad case of food poisoning before and coca cola really helps as it cleans you out!

The best is the Mcdonalds/Burger King sort because it's more syrupy.

it really helps - just sip it to start with though

bellows;2578037

Diarrhoea started last nite carried on throughout the nite but now looks … Diarrhoea started last nite carried on throughout the nite but now looks like choc milk, my body is boiling hot all over, body giving out alot and i mean alot of gases from both ends, stomach cramps and some very wierd noises coming from my stomach, but no vomiting thank god x

Nice - I got more or less the same thing when I ate some slightly-off humus a couple of years ago. I woke up at about 3am with some tremendous stomach pains, tried to ignore it and go back to sleep, but couldn't. The rest of my night was spent parked on the toilet hurting lots and lots, my belly making some foul noises, and with my entire insides being flushed out of all three holes. Sometimes, all at the same time.

Food poisoning really isn't a nice thing

bellows;2578037

Diarrhoea started last nite carried on throughout the nite but now looks … Diarrhoea started last nite carried on throughout the nite but now looks like choc milk, x

cheers for that, was gonna have me a mocha but wont bother now, water for me i think :whistling:

Banned

kungfu;2578978

cheers for that, was gonna have me a mocha but wont bother now, water for … cheers for that, was gonna have me a mocha but wont bother now, water for me i think :whistling:

:giggle:

Hope you're feeling better after your nap bellows. :thumbsup: Horrible to have the squits. :x

Sloth/Mod

Best thing to do with the Coke is put a spoonful of sugar in it as that removes all the gas and fizz and is better for your stomach.

Banned

Go to the doctors?!

Original Poster

just gotton up and feeling alot better about 80% now. obviously wasnt food poisioning proberly just a bug or something but was in bit of pain overnight so i was worried this morning wondering what it could be as i rarely get ill and after bbq sun i started thinking the worst.
thanx everyone for help,suggestions etc xxxx
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 5am gym crew20139
    2. Anyone else bored of video gaming2636
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769530
    4. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604822

See more discussions