Football 2018/19 Season Predictions (£20 up for grabs)

Found 29th Jul
Same as last year which the Football Master @deeky won with 23 out of 25 points.

With the new football season just over a week away, lets see
how good or bad HUKD footy predictions are. There is £20 Prize for the winner.

There is a maximum of 25 points up for grabs. All you have to do is
predict who will WIN the competition. This competition will close
next week Sunday 5th August at 3pm when the Community Shield will kick off.
You can edit and change your predictions until then.

Will take a screenshot of all the entries and end of the season, the Prize will be awarded to one with most points. Prize will be shared if multiple leaders. (Points up for grabs will be in brackets).

5 August 2018 Community Shield (2)

Chelsea vs Manchester City

15 August 2018 UEFA Supercup (2)

Athletico Madrid Vs Real Madrid

24 February 2019 League Cup (5)

Barclays Premier League (5)

Scottish Premiership (1)

18 May 2019 FA Cup (5)

1 June 2019 Champions League (5)

Winner will be awarded £20 via Paypal or Amazon.
If more than 1 winner, the prize will be shared. Good Luck

Last season's thread Click me.
Community Updates
Misc
84 Comments
Manchester City

Athletico Madrid

Manchester United

Liverpool

Scottish Premiership (1)
Celtic

18 May 2019 FA Cup (5)
Arsenal

PSG

Bring it on.
Edited by: "shabbird" 5th Aug
20 💷 !
Accrington Stanley F.C.
Wongy1104 m ago

20 💷 !Accrington Stanley F.C.

They make an appearance in the League and FA Cup Wongy.. You never know. can't be any worse
than someone who predicted Arsenal will win the title last season
Wongy11011 m ago

20 💷 !Accrington Stanley F.C.

Uh a thay?
shabbird13 m ago

They make an appearance in the League and FA Cup Wongy.. You never …They make an appearance in the League and FA Cup Wongy.. You never know. can't be any worse than someone who predicted Arsenal will win the title last season

My team some how got in the premier league. It has made me believe anything can happen when everything fits together.

Manchester City

Real Madrid

Liverpool

Manchester City

Scottish Premiership (1)

Celtic

18 May 2019 FA Cup (5)

Manchester City

Paris St Germain

Never won an acca with more than 4 games so I'll definitely predict this right lol.
Edited by: "BFCsider" 29th Jul
Thanks for doing this again shabbs.

For now I'll leave this here for ease of posting. I've got a week to mull it over

Manchester City

Real Madrid

Manchester City

Manchester City

Scottish Premiership (1)
Celtic

18 May 2019 FA Cup (5)
Manchester City

Manchester City
BFCsider11 m ago

My team some how got in the premier league. It has made me believe …My team some how got in the premier league. It has made me believe anything can happen when everything fits together.

You never know after Leicester won the league
Good luck with your selections.
deeky7 m ago

Thanks for doing this again shabbs. For now I'll leave this here for ease …Thanks for doing this again shabbs. For now I'll leave this here for ease of posting. I've got a week to mull it over 5 August 2018 Community Shield (2)Manchester City15 August 2018 UEFA Supercup (2)Real Madrid24 February 2019 League Cup (5)Manchester CityBarclays Premier League (5)Manchester CityScottish Premiership (1)Celtic18 May 2019 FA Cup (5)Manchester City1 June 2019 Champions League (5)Manchester City

You have a typo.. you missed Liverpool on your list Plenty of time. I might have to
change mine as well. Got Man City twice.
deeky10 m ago

Thanks for doing this again shabbs. For now I'll leave this here for ease …Thanks for doing this again shabbs. For now I'll leave this here for ease of posting. I've got a week to mull it over 5 August 2018 Community Shield (2)Manchester City15 August 2018 UEFA Supercup (2)Real Madrid24 February 2019 League Cup (5)Manchester CityBarclays Premier League (5)Manchester CityScottish Premiership (1)Celtic18 May 2019 FA Cup (5)Manchester City1 June 2019 Champions League (5)Manchester City

Congratulations on the victory last year. I wasn't aware of the competition, but assume experts such as 'DTovey' did not participate.
Saturn4 m ago

Congratulations on the victory last year. I wasn't aware of the …Congratulations on the victory last year. I wasn't aware of the competition, but assume experts such as 'DTovey' did not participate.

He did enter, he made a respectable 6th place, although a long way behind the winner
shabbird8 m ago

You have a typo.. you missed Liverpool on your list Plenty of time. I …You have a typo.. you missed Liverpool on your list Plenty of time. I might have to change mine as well. Got Man City twice.

I'm trying to pretend Liverpool don't exist at the moment
Chelsea

Real Madrid

Manchester United

Liverpool

Scottish Premiership (1)
Celtic

18 May 2019 FA Cup (5)
Manchester United

Juventus
Mourinho's last year at United?

Shocking pre season. Similar to his last one at Chelsea. Really doing my head in with all his moaning and alienating squad members.
.MUFC.4 m ago

Mourinho's last year at United?Shocking pre season. Similar to his last …Mourinho's last year at United?Shocking pre season. Similar to his last one at Chelsea. Really doing my head in with all his moaning and alienating squad members.

He better win something as he has used up most of his excuses. Must be depressing for some of the players that are constantly targeted by him.
.MUFC.24 m ago

Mourinho's last year at United?Shocking pre season. Similar to his last …Mourinho's last year at United?Shocking pre season. Similar to his last one at Chelsea. Really doing my head in with all his moaning and alienating squad members.

As soon as the board saw his stupid wig they should have sacked him there and then.

Have you heard his latest ramblings about how many players he's signed in the summer? He sounds like a complete knob.
Edited by: "deeky" 29th Jul
shabbird19 m ago

He better win something as he has used up most of his excuses. Must be …He better win something as he has used up most of his excuses. Must be depressing for some of the players that are constantly targeted by him.

It's like he'll already have an excuse "I wanted to sign a 30 year old inconsistent Willian for £75m".
deeky6 m ago

As soon as the board saw his stupid wig they should have sacked him there …As soon as the board saw his stupid wig they should have sacked him there and then.Have you heard his latest musing about how many players he's signed in the summer? He sounds like a complete knob.

Yes, I'm very disappointed in that aspect. Never would you have heard SAF moan about a lack of transfer activity in such a consistent way. He moaned in January too. He needs to bore off and focus on his job.
Edited by: ".MUFC." 29th Jul
.MUFC.3 m ago

It's like he'll already have an excuse "I wanted to sign a 30 year old …It's like he'll already have an excuse "I wanted to sign a 30 year old inconsistent Willian for £75m". Yes, I'm very disappointed in that aspect. Never would you have heard SAF moan about a lack of transfer activity in such a consistent way. He moaned in January too. He needs to bore off and focus on his job.

Yeah, he would have approached it in a completely different way - 'I'm happy with the squad I've got and not looking to sign anyone else unless some amazing bargains turn up', even if it was a lie.

On another note, nice to see old Fergie well on the way to recovery.
deeky40 m ago

He did enter, he made a respectable 6th place, although a long way behind …He did enter, he made a respectable 6th place, although a long way behind the winner

6th? You must be mistaken - unless the 'D' stands for dilettante. I am going to have to reassess my source of football expertise.

.MUFC.34 m ago

Oh, it's not just me then. His incessant negativity and pitiful whinging is most unbecoming of a manager of one of the greatest clubs.
Saturn4 m ago

6th? You must be mistaken - unless the 'D' stands for dilettante.

I had to Google dilettante
Saturn11 m ago

6th? You must be mistaken - unless the 'D' stands for …6th? You must be mistaken - unless the 'D' stands for dilettante. I am going to have to reassess my source of football expertise.Oh, it's not just me then. His incessant negativity and pitiful whinging is most unbecoming of a manager of one of the greatest clubs.

Nope, JM is a victim of his own success, However frustrating many fans now. We're not usually the type to call for our managers to be sacked though.
Edited by: ".MUFC." 29th Jul
@shabbird I copied your formatting and put in my own predictions, being a Manchester United fan I'm slightly biased!

Manchester City

Real Madrid

Manchester United

Manchester United

Scottish Premiership (1)
Celtic

18 May 2019 FA Cup (5)
Manchester United

Juventus

United pre-season match against AC Milan yesterday was hilarious, 26 penalties!
jamie01512 m ago

@shabbird I copied your formatting and put in my own predictions, being a …@shabbird I copied your formatting and put in my own predictions, being a Manchester United fan I'm slightly biased! 5 August 2018 Community Shield (2)Manchester City15 August 2018 UEFA Supercup (2)Real Madrid 24 February 2019 League Cup (5)Manchester UnitedBarclays Premier League (5)Manchester UnitedScottish Premiership (1)Celtic18 May 2019 FA Cup (5)Manchester United1 June 2019 Champions League (5)JuventusUnited pre-season match against AC Milan yesterday was hilarious, 26 penalties!

Nice one and welcome. Yes those penalties.. Im sure I would have missed on purpose. there was a tennis semi final game
as well that went on and on. The winner was too shattered in the final and promptly lost.
shabbird15 m ago

Nice one and welcome. Yes those penalties.. Im sure I would have …Nice one and welcome. Yes those penalties.. Im sure I would have missed on purpose. there was a tennis semi final gameas well that went on and on. The winner was too shattered in the final and promptly lost.

That penalty shoot out was the first I've ever seen that needed some players to have a second go!

Do you contribute the £20 yourself? So lovely of you if you do !
Manchester City

Real Madrid

Arsenal

Manchester City

Scottish Premiership (1)
Celtic

18 May 2019 FA Cup (5)
Liverpool

Real Madrid
jamie0158 m ago

That penalty shoot out was the first I've ever seen that needed some …That penalty shoot out was the first I've ever seen that needed some players to have a second go!Do you contribute the £20 yourself? So lovely of you if you do !

I have seen similar although not as many. Many didn't want to take it the first time and were bricking it
as they had to take them. Yes £20 from my own pocket. The plan was the money would pay for a takeaway at the
end of the season but deeky didn't read the script last season
jamie0151 h, 53 m ago

@shabbird I copied your formatting and put in my own predictions, being a …@shabbird I copied your formatting and put in my own predictions, being a Manchester United fan I'm slightly biased! 5 August 2018 Community Shield (2)Manchester City15 August 2018 UEFA Supercup (2)Real Madrid 24 February 2019 League Cup (5)Manchester UnitedBarclays Premier League (5)Manchester UnitedScottish Premiership (1)Celtic18 May 2019 FA Cup (5)Manchester United1 June 2019 Champions League (5)JuventusUnited pre-season match against AC Milan yesterday was hilarious, 26 penalties!

You can't just go picking your own team to win everything
deeky2 m ago

You can't just go picking your own team to win everything

I'll change it, be totally unbiased just like your predictions!
This is what I posted before for my predictions

Before next years comp kicks off I'm putting my predictions in now ..

FA Community Shield 2018
Chelsea V Man City = Man City

UEFA Supercup 2018
Real Madrid/Liverpool V Atletico Madrid = Real Madrid (they'll win Champs League I think)

League Cup 2019
Chelsea

Prem League 2018/2019
Man Utd

Scottish League 2018/2019
Celtic

FA Cup 2019
Man Utd

Champions League 2019
Man Utd

early treble prediction for Utd
arcangel1112 m ago

This is what I posted before for my predictionsBefore next years comp …This is what I posted before for my predictionsBefore next years comp kicks off I'm putting my predictions in now ..FA Community Shield 2018Chelsea V Man City = Man CityUEFA Supercup 2018Real Madrid/Liverpool V Atletico Madrid = Real Madrid (they'll win Champs League I think)League Cup 2019ChelseaPrem League 2018/2019Man UtdScottish League 2018/2019CelticFA Cup 2019Man UtdChampions League 2019Man Utdearly treble prediction for Utd

United winning the CL

I doubt it, and I'm a United fan!
Edited by: "jamie015" 29th Jul
jamie0151 m ago

United winning the CL I doubt it, and I'm a United fan!

Keep the Faith brother
I can't remember if I entered the comp last year.

Think Man City should be too far ahead of everyone else again this year, but haven't really looked at developments lately.

The team that interests me most this season are Bournemouth, think this shall be their make or break season - I like the manager but I don't know if he has what it takes to be the best.

Manchester City

Athletico Madrid

Liverpool

Manchester City

Scottish Premiership (1)

Celtic

18 May 2019 FA Cup (5)

Manchester United

Juventus
.MUFC.5 h, 33 m ago

5 August 2018 Community Shield (2)Chelsea15 August 2018 UEFA Supercup …5 August 2018 Community Shield (2)Chelsea15 August 2018 UEFA Supercup (2)Real Madrid24 February 2019 League Cup (5)Manchester UnitedBarclays Premier League (5)LiverpoolScottish Premiership (1)Celtic18 May 2019 FA Cup (5)Manchester United1 June 2019 Champions League (5)Juventus

Liverpool premier league winners?.
I sincerely advise you to go to your doctor tomorrow as you are obviously not a well man, or alternatively phone the Samaritans.
They are there to help and won't judge you.
shabbird3 h, 56 m ago

I have seen similar although not as many. Many didn't want to take it the …I have seen similar although not as many. Many didn't want to take it the first time and were bricking itas they had to take them. Yes £20 from my own pocket. The plan was the money would pay for a takeaway at the end of the season but deeky didn't read the script last season

Lovely of you, I would do the same but I'm way too tight!
Community Shield
Chelsea

15 August 2018 UEFA Supercup
Real Madrid

24 February 2019 League Cup
Chelsea

Barclays Premier League
Man City

Scottish Premiership
Celtic

18 May 2019 FA Cup
Arsenal

1 June 2019 Champions League
Juventus
jimmy_the_fridge12 h, 53 m ago

Liverpool premier league winners?.I sincerely advise you to go to your …Liverpool premier league winners?.I sincerely advise you to go to your doctor tomorrow as you are obviously not a well man, or alternatively phone the Samaritans.They are there to help and won't judge you.

Sadly they look like they might be the team to beat. They were a GK away from the CL last season. They bottle it in the cups but over the course of the season they might just have too much.

Of course I want United to win it but I can't see us having a very good season if I'm honest.
jimmy_the_fridge13 h, 51 m ago

Liverpool premier league winners?.I sincerely advise you to go to your …Liverpool premier league winners?.I sincerely advise you to go to your doctor tomorrow as you are obviously not a well man, or alternatively phone the Samaritans.They are there to help and won't judge you.

Writing Liverpool off before the first game of the season Maybe you don’t watch football, you could atleast wait until after Christmas to see the table. Liverpool will be a lot stronger this season and have more strength in depth.

Look at the players in and returned vs the players out.

In - Allison, Fabinho, Keita, Shaqiri, Markovic, Origi, Sturridge

Out - Ward, Williams, Flanagan, Can, Bogdan.

Don’t be green with envy, it will cloud your judgement buddy
jayonline854 m ago

Writing Liverpool off before the first game of the season Maybe …Writing Liverpool off before the first game of the season Maybe you don’t watch football, you could atleast wait until after Christmas to see the table. Liverpool will be a lot stronger this season and have more strength in depth.Look at the players in and returned vs the players out.In - Allison, Fabinho, Keita, Shaqiri, Markovic, Origi, SturridgeOut - Ward, Williams, Flanagan, Can, Bogdan. Don’t be green with envy, it will cloud your judgement buddy

Liverpool have a good chance for once, now they finally have a decent keeper, and of course they have the best player in the Premier League (Salah).

I still stay hopeful for a United treble, but I'll be happy if we win just the League Cup!
Manchester City

Real Madrid

Man utd

Manchester City

Scottish Premiership (1)
Celtic

18 May 2019 FA Cup (5)
Tottenham