Football goal for the garden?

Posted 23rd Jan 2023
Anyone purchased one lately or can recommend one?

Looking around 8x4/8x6 maybe 10x6. 9 Year old boy has agreed to move on his swings and slide (had since he was a lot younger) as he has outgrown them. The goal is the compromise. Be on artificial grass and backed into a 7 foot high fence with much taller tress behind that which will act as a good barrier for the odd one to fly over the fence (be aiming to avoid this of course).

Never bought such a thing before so keen on hearing from those who have and what companies/manufacturers to consider/avoid. Thanks for any help offered
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

13 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Jumpers x 2 @ eBay
    You beat me to it haha
    I had a kickmaster from Argos, for many many years, around 20 years ..

but I just looked, and the one on Argos looks so bad, like if the ball hits it, it’s breaking, or strong winds are taking it away ..

the one I had, had strong rounded thick posts, I’ll keep searching for you
    Author
    Thanks!
    Found the 8x4 striker goal from Smyths for about £30 to be ideal. I'd personally ignore the poor reviews. These are sturdy plastic goals that once pegged down are as solid as you need for a goal for young children. Our 8yr old uses it all the time. You just need to remember not to pull down on the crossbar like a metal framed one and you'll get years of use.

Used dearer metal framed ones that rust if not taken apart and stored over winter. Ours stays out and looks pretty much like new.

You can pay £100+ but for us this is all we need
    Author
    Good point... Will avoid metal as I intend to leave it out all year
    Forza goals, great quality.
    Forza. All day
    Author
    Forza seems to be the Benchmark! Lot more expensive mind. Have to wonder if their materials and build is really all that different from other similar sizes at half the price?
    We had a Samba. Excellent quality and lasted years. Forza is a close second.
    Someone has just put one up in Deals.
    Definitely Samba or Forza. They are great quality and have taken many a toe punt from a grown man. They would probably hold fair value if you ever got to the point of selling them to someone else too.
's avatar
Top Merchants