Groups

Football in Middlesbrough is well and truly dead.

The below letter was given to fans at the Wigan game: 21/02

little snippet from the letter:
    "i am receiving more and more complaints from our own fans also seated in this area about both the persistent standing and the constant banging and noise comming from the back of this stand"

14 Comments

Original Poster

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj70/xborox/img075.jpg

Southgate should be lucky there are still some supporters there to stand or make any noise as he does his best to join the coca cola championship

The last match I went to against Bolton had the atmosphere of a cemetary and was a total waste of money for such a **** game

doesn't surprise me.

My one and only premiership game was at the riverside and it was a scandal. no singing apart from the occaisional half hearted c'mon boro and anyone that even shouted at the park was given a warning by the stewards.

You get more atmosphere at a scottish 3rd division game.

I stood on the terraces for years supporting Pompey and since sitting has been forced in I believe the atmosphere has changed for the worse. The problem I do have is that my partner is quite short and now when we go to a match we had people stood in fornt of us and she cannot see a thing. My Father used to go with me but being nearly eighty at the time he could not keep standing up and sitting down. What I am trying to say is that seating has been forced on all of us and we just need a bit of thought for the people behind, the safety bit doesnt mean a great deal to me and I would go back to a terrace tomorrow we just need to make the best of it.
    Ear plugs are freely available for the ones being affected by the noise but they wont let us take step ladders in! :thumbsup:

you posted this on F365 too didnt you?

Original Poster

mosskeeto;4465546

I stood on the terraces for years supporting Pompey and since sitting has … I stood on the terraces for years supporting Pompey and since sitting has been forced in I believe the atmosphere has changed for the worse. The problem I do have is that my partner is quite short and now when we go to a match we had people stood in fornt of us and she cannot see a thing. My Father used to go with me but being nearly eighty at the time he could not keep standing up and sitting down. What I am trying to say is that seating has been forced on all of us and we just need a bit of thought for the people behind, the safety bit doesnt mean a great deal to me and I would go back to a terrace tomorrow we just need to make the best of it.Ear plugs are freely available for the ones being affected by the noise but they wont let us take step ladders in! :thumbsup:

Very fair comment and im with you on the standing, but its the complaining about the noise thats getting me. Its not a game of bowls

Original Poster

harry127;4465609

you posted this on F365 too didnt you?

nope i think that was someone off the boro fansonline message board. Thats where i came across it too just thought id spread the word here too lol

Maybe im missing something but what exactly is the problem with people standing as long as they are standing just in front of their seat. Is it really so unsafe? People stand in the seating areas at gigs all the time and it dosent seen to be a safety issue then so whats the difference?

lol... man thats boro all over, strange town, good bars though, lol

im quite confused... how can a crowd of 13, and a dog create too much noise? :?

Banned

im coming up for the fa cup replay and i thought i would just let you know the west ham fans will be standing for the whole game
    they can't even get us to sit at our place let alone at an away ground!

jase.2;4465409

Southgate should be lucky there are still some supporters there to stand … Southgate should be lucky there are still some supporters there to stand or make any noise as he does his best to join the coca cola championshipThe last match I went to against Bolton had the atmosphere of a cemetary and was a total waste of money for such a **** game

I thought it was a great game! Three goals away from home,excellent. And then to go one better at Sunderland the following week......................................... It's what away games are all about.

Banned

mosskeeto;4465546

I stood on the terraces for years supporting Pompey and since sitting has … I stood on the terraces for years supporting Pompey and since sitting has been forced in I believe the atmosphere has changed for the worse. The problem I do have is that my partner is quite short and now when we go to a match we had people stood in fornt of us and she cannot see a thing. My Father used to go with me but being nearly eighty at the time he could not keep standing up and sitting down. What I am trying to say is that seating has been forced on all of us and we just need a bit of thought for the people behind, the safety bit doesnt mean a great deal to me and I would go back to a terrace tomorrow we just need to make the best of it.Ear plugs are freely available for the ones being affected by the noise but they wont let us take step ladders in! :thumbsup:

true about thinking of others so i reckon there should be a terrace sections in all grounds for fans who want to stand (will be more popular than sitting)
    there was a petition going around a couple of years ago trying to get this to happen but i dunno what happend to it

rm13_hammer;4469097

true about thinking of others so i reckon there should be a terrace … true about thinking of others so i reckon there should be a terrace sections in all grounds for fans who want to stand (will be more popular than sitting)there was a petition going around a couple of years ago trying to get this to happen but i dunno what happend to it

Yeah the safety thing is a crock.... just go to Wembley when the next rock band is playing there and you will see thousands of idiots jumping around throwing stuff, sitting on each other shoulders, drinking and making lots of noise with no government intervention! How do we survive??
    The seating was brought in to shackle the fans and restrict movement to make it easier to police, I do not believe we have the same issues and this should now be relaxed. It would increase revenue as more fans would be able to get in smaller grounds again.. We might even get 30,000 in Fatton Park again!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Need help with buying a 4K TV for gaming34
      2. How to rejoin BT as New Customer when already with them?22
      3. How to unblock a vacuum hose which is completely jammed with dust and fluff…56
      4. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1429

See more discussions