Groups

football presentation night... help

hi guys...

any one got any good ides for a football presentation night for our under 10's boys team.

games.. things to hire.. food?? ect

cheers

16 Comments

Admin

You could hire a bouncy boxing castle or sumo suits- that always goes down well with older boys! For a couple of private functions I've organised in my previous job, I've had a similar age group to cater for and they tend to like things that they think are "grown up" rather than babyish. A fire eater or juggler would go down well too- or you could hire a human fly wall, the ones where you wear a velcro suit and launch yourself at a velcro wall off a trampoline!!!!!!

Food- yummy grilled chicken & pineapple kebabs (on safe skewers!!) homemade burgers, potato wedges, corn on the cob, a football-themed cake,

Drinks- Alcohol free cocktails will do the trick!!!

Food - hot dogs, pizza, corn on the cob, popcorn, doughnuts.

Things to hire - illusionist, hypnotist.

Games - pin the whistle on the ref!

hi

i used to have to deal with this a lot

bear in mind it might take a day or 2 to arrange but its worth it

where are you based?

you can EASILY and i mean EASILY arrange to have a fringe/reserve player from a local premierleague/championship team come and give a talk

this 30-60 min talk will be free and will inspire the team loads more than a childrens entertainer - you may think kids will not be interested if the player isnt well know - but this isnt the case = they will hang on everyword that the person says
    have a Q+A session with the kids asking questions - it will mean a lot for them - as after the 1st 10 min they will realise that 10-15 years ago that player was like them - and they WIll inspire the kids

it may seem like a daunting thing - but phone a local club and ask for there football in the community spokesperson

bear in mind that the season has ended so this should be a doddle

if they refuse a player - ask for a raffle prize - as clubs tend to think if they cant help your direct goal - anything is better than nothing - and a raffle prize means other things can be paid for

also do this with as many teams as you can - a raffle prize is better than nothing - if you ask for a signed ball they might ask you to provide the ball - just go to local jjb etc and get the 2 for a 5er balls - you will get this back in raffle money

Also - this would take more planning = but it is doable
    phone club and ask them if you can have a stadium tour = most teams will let you if you give enough notice - and charge very little per head - which would be cheaper than a entertainer - but also ask the team if you can present your awards - either on the pitch or in the directors box - they should let you

PM me and i will give you my email address and get you a few contacts

Original Poster

thanks knewbold. i have done. the other ideas are great as well. keep them comin... x

i sent you a pm

i will see what i can do for you

wigan
    everton
    liverpool
    man utd or man city may be able to help

im sure with a bit of planning you can turn something out

one tip - make phone calls - dont send emails - emails tend to be ignored by clubs - as they get a lot of angry fans mailing in

i have pmed you my msn email address so if you fancy a chat -assuming you use msn - it will make things easier

knewbold

i sent you a pmi will see what i can do for youwiganevertonliverpoolman … i sent you a pmi will see what i can do for youwiganevertonliverpoolman utd or man city may be able to helpim sure with a bit of planning you can turn something outone tip - make phone calls - dont send emails - emails tend to be ignored by clubs - as they get a lot of angry fans mailing inI have pmed you my msn email address so if you fancy a chat -assuming you use msn - it will make things easier

Hi we are planning our Presentation night for 3 teams AGE UNDER 9S and under 11s age groups, how do i go about trying to get a player please we are in manchester we will have a Dj but would be great if a player could come and talk for a short time on the night in july any help would be great x

Banned

dawny

Hi we are planning our Presentation night for 3 teams AGE UNDER 9S and … Hi we are planning our Presentation night for 3 teams AGE UNDER 9S and under 11s age groups, how do i go about trying to get a player please we are in manchester we will have a Dj but would be great if a player could come and talk for a short time on the night in july any help would be great x

I was going to say PM him, but he hasnt been active in a little while.

Well, over 3 years X)
    Edited by: "D_G" 19th Apr 2013

dawny

Hi we are planning our Presentation night for 3 teams AGE UNDER 9S and … Hi we are planning our Presentation night for 3 teams AGE UNDER 9S and under 11s age groups, how do i go about trying to get a player please we are in manchester we will have a Dj but would be great if a player could come and talk for a short time on the night in july any help would be great x

I'm a pretty good table-tennis player. I'll come and have a chat if you like?

Don't let Deeky near the buffet, he's a buggar for sausage rolls!
    Edited by: "Mark2111" 19th Apr 2013

U15 football presentation night any ideas for something different?

Bullett

U15 football presentation night any ideas for something different?

Invite a stripper.

Get in touch with your local Referee's association.

Ask in particular if any retired Refs' would like to come along and have a chat with the lads; honestly, some of the stories the refs come out with are really, really funny.

Some Refs come along with a short 'fun' quiz on the rules - kids are always amazed at the answers.

Worth a thought. hope the event goes well.

Banned

tryn2help

Get in touch with your local Referee's association.Ask in particular if … Get in touch with your local Referee's association.Ask in particular if any retired Refs' would like to come along and have a chat with the lads; honestly, some of the stories the refs come out with are really, really funny.Some Refs come along with a short 'fun' quiz on the rules - kids are always amazed at the answers.Worth a thought. hope the event goes well.

Yeah invite a ref thats better then having to pay for a pinata.

No seriously though surely no teenager wants to listen to a ref, it would be like inviting a geography teacher to come along

deeky

I'm a pretty good table-tennis player. I'll come and have a chat if you … I'm a pretty good table-tennis player. I'll come and have a chat if you like?

deeky

I'm a pretty good table-tennis player. I'll come and have a chat if you … I'm a pretty good table-tennis player. I'll come and have a chat if you like?

What will you chat about

juliet_bravo

You could hire a bouncy boxing castle or sumo suits- that always goes … You could hire a bouncy boxing castle or sumo suits- that always goes down well with older boys! For a couple of private functions I've organised in my previous job, I've had a similar age group to cater for and they tend to like things that they think are "grown up" rather than babyish. A fire eater or juggler would go down well too- or you could hire a human fly wall, the ones where you wear a velcro suit and launch yourself at a velcro wall off a trampoline!!!!!!Food- yummy grilled chicken & pineapple kebabs (on safe skewers!!) homemade burgers, potato wedges, corn on the cob, a football-themed cake, Drinks- Alcohol free cocktails will do the trick!!!

Good evening C.I. bravo

bazzamone

Yeah invite a ref thats better then having to pay for a pinata.No … Yeah invite a ref thats better then having to pay for a pinata.No seriously though surely no teenager wants to listen to a ref, it would be like inviting a geography teacher to come along

Your pm don't work. You disconnected it to keep me at bay?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4211870
      2. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…24103
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764653
      4. Show us your Photos 2017. August's Theme - Animals31411

See more discussions