Groups

football question

My football team does a thing called 'Last Man Standing' basically you pick a football team each week - if they win, you're through, if they lose or draw, you're out. And you're only allowed to pick a team once.

Now, I can't decide who to pick this week from these:

Notts Forest v Cheltenham
    Swansea v Northants
    Yeovil v Chesterfield
    Stockport v Rochdale

What do you reckon?

15 Comments

Swansea is probably your best bet.

Original Poster

Northants have been on a good run lately though, but so have Swansea: there's big bucks at stake so want to make sure I've got a good'n

Got to stick with the home side though i reckon. Good luck, keep on winning.

Original Poster

I know, of the selections above, I'm only looking at going with the home teams, would be suicidal to go with the away, lol

Forest or Swansea are the best bet.

Don't you mean Northampton, not Northants? N'hampton have been on a decent run but it's not been against any seriously good teams. Swansea are vying for the play offs and have Martinez as caretaker manager. In most cases, the caretaker has a good run then gets the job full time (before going into freefall and being sacked within a year!)

Forest. They need to keep winning and being at home will be all out for the 3 points.

Original Poster

Scouser78

Forest or Swansea are the best bet.Don't you mean Northampton, not … Forest or Swansea are the best bet.Don't you mean Northampton, not Northants? N'hampton have been on a decent run but it's not been against any seriously good teams. Swansea are vying for the play offs and have Martinez as caretaker manager. In most cases, the caretaker has a good run then gets the job full time (before going into freefall and being sacked within a year!)

Northants = Northampton - just an abbreviation.

Thanks for the heads up - was just reading that Swansea don't have too many strikers at the mo - but are still winning, always a good sign, lol

Forest all the way mate, we need to keep winning and will go all out this weekend

Yeovil for me

Swansea have hardly got any strikers.

Forest season fizzling out to play off defeat

Stockport on a really good run so a possibilty as well.

Original Poster

Gone for Forest - fingers crossed

Notts Forest : 19 positions in the league seperate them and cheltenham, both needing the 3 points for very different reasons. James Henry is set to make his debut for Forest, but with Agogo, Prutton, Morgan & Bennet all doubts. However Forest have already beaten Cheltenham away from home this season and with an automatic promotion place in their sights, I cant see anything but a Forest victory.

Original Poster

nice one, cheers Zeebo

No probs

Forest looking good for the win

Original Poster

glad I didn't back stockport, lol!

Could have gone for any of the other three though
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424114480
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767192
      3. word association Game73844459
      4. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?714

See more discussions