Footlong vegan sausage roll - 466g for £1 @ Morrisons

Posted 4th Nov
Launched today, The roll is baked fresh in store by Morrisons Market Street bakers and can be bought hot from Morrisons pie counters nationwide.

The Vegan Foot Long replaces Morrisons’ traditional sausage-meat with a seasoned soya mince that is blended with a mix of herbs and spices then wrapped in golden flaky pastry.

3324274.jpg
Community Updates

Groups

Top comments
Anybody who isn't here just to moan that vegans & vegetarians exist...

I have just finished eating the product below that I bought for the first time on Friday:

Morrisons V Taste Diced Tomato & Dried Basil Margherita Pizza 340g

I can recommend this (as well as the Vegan Pasties & Rolls; although they could do with being gluten free too), & will be going back to purchase more tomorrow

Also, I can recommend this from Sainbury's...

Sainsbury's Deliciously Free From Vegetable Lasagne 400g (Serves 1)

38903440-PaZvW.jpg
philjstephenson04/11/2019 20:03

lovely, more vegan crud being pushed down our throats, as with the foot …lovely, more vegan crud being pushed down our throats, as with the foot long sossidge roll, you got to question the quality of these, for a quid they aint gonna be much cop

38911275-VkL1l.jpg

lovely, more vegan crud being pushed down our throats, as with the foot …lovely, more vegan crud being pushed down our throats, as with the foot long sossidge roll, you got to question the quality of these, for a quid they aint gonna be much cop

The meat ones weren't up to much either, at least this one wont be full of gristle.
Do they have to measure your foot before they cut these? Only asking cos I'm a size 5 maybe a 5 and an halve in heels on a good day
40 Comments
lovely, more vegan crud being pushed down our throats, as with the foot long sossidge roll, you got to question the quality of these, for a quid they aint gonna be much cop
Do they have to measure your foot before they cut these? Only asking cos I'm a size 5 maybe a 5 and an halve in heels on a good day

The meat ones weren't up to much either, at least this one wont be full of gristle.
There's at least two words wrong here
38902622-wrOCp.jpg
flipper11804/11/2019 20:05

Do they have to measure your foot before they cut these? Only asking cos …Do they have to measure your foot before they cut these? Only asking cos I'm a size 5 maybe a 5 and an halve in heels on a good day

No one would use your foot as a measure, the foot was the King's foot.
what King?
splender04/11/2019 20:21

No one would use your foot as a measure, the foot was the King's foot.

What King? We haven't had a King in the UK since Queen Victoria
flipper11804/11/2019 20:23

what King? What King? We haven't had a King in the UK since Queen Victoria

We certainly have yet to have a King since we gone Brexited out of Imperial, and went metric. Hint: Imperial past.
splender04/11/2019 20:26

We certainly have yet to have a King since we gone Brexited out of …We certainly have yet to have a King since we gone Brexited out of Imperial, and went metric. Hint: Imperial past.

i think you meant 'Imperial Leather'.....mmmmm love the smell of Imperial Leather me
flipper11804/11/2019 20:27

i think you meant 'Imperial Leather'.....mmmmm love the smell of Imperial …i think you meant 'Imperial Leather'.....mmmmm love the smell of Imperial Leather me

essential ingredients: one needs to add some Old Spice to that foot long.
Thank you for sharing this post @goonertillidie

Have you tried either (or both of) the 2 Vegan Rolls for £1.50 or 2 Vegan Pasties for £3.00?

38903230-Bnh4a.jpg38903230-9UGJo.jpg
Whenever I stop by after work to scout out the reduced items there are always countless amounts of the vegan range reduced. It clearly isn't selling. I think this is therefore very much a PR gimmick.

Billie Jean
Stephen
Regina
Elle

Mix & match; four King... obvious.

There there was Martin Luther... Jnr, Elvis Presley, & Michael Jackson

...but perhaps you were mistaken in that we have had a King since Queen Victoria; the father of our present Queen Elizabeth (II); George VI. His great-grandmother was Queen Victoria.
plebbygiraffe04/11/2019 21:13

Whenever I stop by after work to scout out the reduced items there are …Whenever I stop by after work to scout out the reduced items there are always countless amounts of the vegan range reduced. It clearly isn't selling. I think this is therefore very much a PR gimmick.

Are the reduced items all vegan products? I suspect not. Clearly non-vegan products are not selling either.

Are they a PR gimmick?
fanpages04/11/2019 21:18

Are the reduced items all vegan products? I suspect not. Clearly …Are the reduced items all vegan products? I suspect not. Clearly non-vegan products are not selling either.Are they a PR gimmick?

Actually on some days, yes.

There will be zero non-vegan products left and only the vegan stuff.

And even when there are other products the ratio of vegan-to-non-vegan is heavily skewed towards vegan, and when you couple that with the fact that they make less of the vegan products to begin with - it clearly isn't selling.
plebbygiraffe04/11/2019 21:21

Actually on some days, yes.There will be zero non-vegan products left and …Actually on some days, yes.There will be zero non-vegan products left and only the vegan stuff.And even when there are other products the ratio of vegan-to-non-vegan is heavily skewed towards vegan, and when you couple that with the fact that they make less of the vegan products to begin with - it clearly isn't selling.

Conclusion: Isn't selling in your area, or the branch you visit, on some days that you have visited.
Anybody who isn't here just to moan that vegans & vegetarians exist...

I have just finished eating the product below that I bought for the first time on Friday:

Morrisons V Taste Diced Tomato & Dried Basil Margherita Pizza 340g

I can recommend this (as well as the Vegan Pasties & Rolls; although they could do with being gluten free too), & will be going back to purchase more tomorrow

Also, I can recommend this from Sainbury's...

Sainsbury's Deliciously Free From Vegetable Lasagne 400g (Serves 1)

38903440-PaZvW.jpg
fanpages04/11/2019 21:28

Anybody who isn't here just to moan that vegans & vegetarians exist...I …Anybody who isn't here just to moan that vegans & vegetarians exist...I have just finished eating the product below that I bought for the first time on Friday:Morrisons V Taste Diced Tomato & Dried Basil Margherita Pizza 340g[Image] I can recommend this (as well as the Vegan Pasties & Rolls; although they could do with being gluten free too), & will be going back to purchase more tomorrow Also, I can recommend this from Sainbury's...Sainsbury's Deliciously Free From Vegetable Lasagne 400g (Serves 1)[Image]

Think you've got a bit too far with this post. You should know how posting food 'without meat' gets people really angry
fanpages04/11/2019 21:25

Conclusion: Isn't selling in your area, or the branch you visit, on some …Conclusion: Isn't selling in your area, or the branch you visit, on some days that you have visited.

So you agree with me, good.

And FYI, I visit every week day. It isn't just some random event. It is a product failure.

Not sure how it is being pushed down your throat, unless you are describing how you normally eat
plebbygiraffe04/11/2019 23:40

So you agree with me, good.And FYI, I visit every week day. It isn't just …So you agree with me, good.And FYI, I visit every week day. It isn't just some random event. It is a product failure.

No, I do not, but my first reply was removed.
plebbygiraffe04/11/2019 23:40

So you agree with me, good.And FYI, I visit every week day. It isn't just …So you agree with me, good.And FYI, I visit every week day. It isn't just some random event. It is a product failure.

Product failure is a pretty bias conclusion to reach. Store could just be overstocking vegan products due to high demand in other stores. Most vegan products don't have such an established or mature customer behaviour model.
plebbygiraffe04/11/2019 21:21

Actually on some days, yes.There will be zero non-vegan products left and …Actually on some days, yes.There will be zero non-vegan products left and only the vegan stuff.And even when there are other products the ratio of vegan-to-non-vegan is heavily skewed towards vegan, and when you couple that with the fact that they make less of the vegan products to begin with - it clearly isn't selling.

Not the case in our local at all, quite the opposite in fact. Maybe it's down to location and amount of Vegans/Veggies in the specific area.

You know you have the choice not to eat this? It might not be for you, but it's probably welcomed by those not wanting the meat version.

No-one's forcing you to eat it, you know this right?
38908680-nrL0H.jpg

1. Literally not at all getting forced down your throat.
2. Did you really just write ‘sossidge’ crying

38911275-VkL1l.jpg
fanpages04/11/2019 21:28

Anybody who isn't here just to moan that vegans & vegetarians exist...I …Anybody who isn't here just to moan that vegans & vegetarians exist...I have just finished eating the product below that I bought for the first time on Friday:Morrisons V Taste Diced Tomato & Dried Basil Margherita Pizza 340g[Image] I can recommend this (as well as the Vegan Pasties & Rolls; although they could do with being gluten free too), & will be going back to purchase more tomorrow Also, I can recommend this from Sainbury's...Sainsbury's Deliciously Free From Vegetable Lasagne 400g (Serves 1)[Image]

These balanced views don't fit well here.
Regprentice04/11/2019 20:06

The meat ones weren't up to much either, at least this one wont be full of …The meat ones weren't up to much either, at least this one wont be full of gristle.

If you would ever think that meat sausage rolls are ever of any standard, maybe you should learn how they are made! They are almost as bad as hotdogs 🤢 eughh nasty... vegan food might not always be healthy food like every one expects it to be, we are allowed to have junk food aswell but I would say it is always healthier and better than any meat/dairy product... no thanks...

Apart from Edward VII, George V, Edward VIII and George VI
Sorry to bring this back on topic, but the foot long wasnt available at my store
solid10/11/2019 18:35

Sorry to bring this back on topic, but the foot long wasnt available at my …Sorry to bring this back on topic, but the foot long wasnt available at my store

I've been in 2 stores, none, they were quite large stores too.
solid10/11/2019 18:35

Sorry to bring this back on topic, but the foot long wasnt available at my …Sorry to bring this back on topic, but the foot long wasnt available at my store

Mum2CerysCiaran10/11/2019 23:38

I've been in 2 stores, none, they were quite large stores too.

I have seen it advertised (once) in my local store, but that was at the end of that day's trading hours & all stock had been sold.
Not sausage rolls but nasty plant rolls, sausage is meat and imho cannot be substituted for plant based alternatives and still bear the name the real stuff has.
minifig29011/11/2019 00:04

Not sausage rolls but nasty plant rolls, sausage is meat and imho cannot …Not sausage rolls but nasty plant rolls, sausage is meat and imho cannot be substituted for plant based alternatives and still bear the name the real stuff has.

Not everybody prefers plant-based alternates to meat. Some people even go out of their way to avoid fruit & vegetables.

Similarly, not everybody wishes to eat meat, some meats, &/or anything derived from an animal.

That aside, a "sausage" when being used to describe a shape infers the cylindrical form of a product; just like ground meat is referred to as "mince" but mincing is a term used to describe the preparation of the substance (that does not necessarily have to be meat).
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants