For all of you who have wall mounted flat screen TVs

Where do you keep your sky box / DVD player / PS3 etc?

Im thinking of wall mounting my TV in my bedroom but dont see the point as all the wires will be showing for the accessories. Or is there someking of shelf that is used? I've had a quick look couldnt see anything suitable. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

15 Comments

Have the TV mounted quite high... sky box, dvd player etc are all much lower down.... lil handprints on the screen are a no no... and last TV we had, my three year old threw something at the screen and it went a million pretty colours... looked beautiful but certainly didn't work!!

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;5963589

Have the TV mounted quite high... sky box, dvd player etc are all much … Have the TV mounted quite high... sky box, dvd player etc are all much lower down.... lil handprints on the screen are a no no... and last TV we had, my three year old threw something at the screen and it went a million pretty colours... looked beautiful but certainly didn't work!!

What about the cables then?

MANJ_007;5963590

What about the cables then?

Just have them drawn all together in one neat line, snakes down the wall...

I think you can get shelving that will go in higher, but really, I'm not that worried about it myself.

If you wanted to, you could have it really neatly blocked in x

Original Poster

Thanks - i have 2 little kids and just worrkied they gonna start pulling at the cables!! Little monkies will tug at anything. Any yes I have plenty of hand prints on my screen too!

The guys that done ours put a strip of plstic coving down the centre to hide all the wires and against a white wall you dont really notice it.

We never found a solution for the shelf but maybe ikea would have some thing

MANJ_007;5963606

Thanks - i have 2 little kids and just worrkied they gonna start pulling … Thanks - i have 2 little kids and just worrkied they gonna start pulling at the cables!! Little monkies will tug at anything. Any yes I have plenty of hand prints on my screen too!

yep... mine have never pulled on the cables thank goodness.. they dont notice the cables, they're too busy looking at the screen lol

say NO if they try it!!

Those Tvs are mega heavy!

How old are your lil ones?

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;5963616

yep... mine have never pulled on the cables thank goodness.. they dont … yep... mine have never pulled on the cables thank goodness.. they dont notice the cables, they're too busy looking at the screen lolsay NO if they try it!!Those Tvs are mega heavy!How old are your lil ones?

Little one is 19 months - he thinks it is funny to climb on a stool and then climb onto the tv stand and hit the screen!! Also thinks its funny to hit the screen with lego bricks!! The other one is 3.5 and he is ok now, he knows better - he listens to me!!

Chase out the wall, re-plaster and have all the boxes in a different room, that's what I have done.

Original Poster

chester123;5963623

Chase out the wall, re-plaster and have all the boxes in a different … Chase out the wall, re-plaster and have all the boxes in a different room, that's what I have done.

I got wallpaper, also how you supposed to change channels on sky box if it in other room?

we have our sky box etc in our sideboard out of site then have a magic eye on top of tv to change channels etc
we then have a hang on the wall fire so the wires are hidden behind that

http://common.csnstores.com/common/products/AFV/AFV1057_l.jpg

bizrate.co.uk/tvm…tml

This is you solution!

Just put all you components on these, that way you only have to run 1 wire up for the power.

Looks good also!

Daz

Original Poster

scooby_me;5963868

http://www.bizrate.co.uk/tvmounts_brackets/oid1254025324.htmlThis is you … http://www.bizrate.co.uk/tvmounts_brackets/oid1254025324.htmlThis is you solution!Just put all you components on these, that way you only have to run 1 wire up for the power.Looks good also!Daz

Thanks all, but i think my problems have been solved by Scooby_me - Thanks alot :thumbsup:

I went in through the plaster, channelled it out , if you do channel it put the cables in the long plastic stuff inside the wall so that you can pull anything new through later - like another hdmi cable or speaker cables etc.

I have one hdmi cable going to my wall mounted TV, everything goes through my amp, PS3,X360, BD player, SKYHD, one cable no problem.

MANJ_007;5963630

I got wallpaper, also how you supposed to change channels on sky box if … I got wallpaper, also how you supposed to change channels on sky box if it in other room?

cover the plastic trunking in any spare wallpaper left over :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846132
    2. Xbox One X pre order £449.99 @ Game (out 9th Nov)2449
    3. How dangerous is Donald trump?1956
    4. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2744

See more discussions