Groups

For all those smug Mac Users - only PC's can get viruses eh?

Always made me smile when reading forums, how when PC users get viruses you'd get one so and so saying, should have got a Mac.
    Times could be changing......

11 Comments

Original Poster

Edited by: "boydent999" 19th May 2011

Banned

I was just about to put an inb4 badass...

Original Poster

Wow, never heard/read that before; and he's me thinking i'd found a first!
    "TAXI"
    Joking aside, i have never seen that, nor it quoted and yet, i stand by my original post, so many folks come on, not just here saying how you should get a mac to avoid getting viruses.........
    Edited by: "boydent999" 19th May 2011

dcx_badass

Forget that, this is worse than basically any other … Forget that, this is worse than basically any other virus:http://www.macworld.co.uk/mac/news/index.cfm?newsid=26816Turn a mac keyboard into a undetectable hardware keylogger.

Wow, thats clever s***...

Your move "safe haven" mac users

If a Mac user claims they can't get viruses, he/she is an idiot. The fact however remains that number of viruses on a PC outnumber those on OSX by over 10,000,000 to 1.

The piece regarding the keylogger is hypothetical due to the amount memory onboard the keyboard and is over 2 years old. Had this manifested into something more malicious, you'd have heard about it from your Windows fanboy counterparts.

FWIW's, I've never had a virus on either my Windows machines or Mac's.

Pointless topic is pointless.

Banned

Why would anyone install security for their Mac in the first place.

Been using Macs for over 15 years with no issues/tissues.

spammed as I love macs

boothy

spammed as I love macs

Looks like spam is on the menu!

JonnyTwoToes

Why would anyone install security for their Mac in the first place.Been … Why would anyone install security for their Mac in the first place.Been using Macs for over 15 years with no issues/tissues.

+1

And quite frankly using a bit of common sense and being careful of what you choose to dl or install on your computer is a big help. Regardless of PC or Mac

I will be truthful, I've never been stupid enough to say I'll never get a virus, because there are chances it could happen. With macs becoming more common place in the last 10 years obviously the odds are that this may be heard of more.

if someone is dumb enough to download this to protect their mac, then they deserve what they get.

and secondly, its not really a virus as you have to make a conscious choice to download it.

its like going on a phishing site and enter your details.

AND i dont own a mac!

Is this supposed to be bragging?

To be honest you'd have to be a total muppet to download the file. I don't see what there is to be smug about given that some people perhaps lack common sense and there are a number of criminals looking to gain from vulnerable people whether they have a mac or a pc.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win £30,000 and a Parkdean Holiday Home with ITV Daytime (Postal/Text/Phone…99
      2. E: 23/10 (+4) Win £40,000, Mercedes GLA & Cliveden House Trip with X Factor…44
      3. Tv choice magazine Issue 3999
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1515

See more discussions