For all those that were wondering about the Liverpool shirt on Ebay!

Last week i post a thread about buying next season shirt from a ebay as they were going really cheap

well it turned up today and its fantastic and comply real !! and AUTH!! i post some pics to show u

this was bought for a bargin £20!! delivered and its not even out in this country yet !!

I just checked liverpools website the same shirt with the same printing is £58 !!!!!

32 Comments

Original Poster

to add the badges are all sowen on including the sleave premiership badges it has the new plastic vinyal lettering on the back and the fade liverbird on the lower back of the shirt :thumbsup:

Original Poster

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn30/viperkeith/Picture006-1.jpg[/IMG]
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn30/viperkeith/Picture003-2.jpg[/IMG]
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn30/viperkeith/Picture002-1.jpg[/IMG]
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn30/viperkeith/Picture001-2.jpg[/IMG]
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn30/viperkeith/Picture005-2.jpg[/IMG]

Looks nice!
Massive shame its a Liverpool shirt and not one of a superior team like Bristol City

Is it flammable?

:?totally wrong colour!...its a fake made in ....china...not worth £2

Original Poster

Mr Weasle;5338962

:?totally wrong colour!...its a fake made in ....china...not worth £2

have u been on the liverpool website its the excact clour mate

store.liverpoolfc.tv/pro…328

Its probably a fake - and if not, its probably stolen - one thing for sure, LUFC won't be making any money from it (if anything it will lose them money).

http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/kitmanutd1.thumbnail.jpg

http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/kitmanutd21.jpg

Just hope these aren't the new United kit's.

England shirt looks good compared to them.

jah128;5338989

Its probably a fake - and if not, its probably stolen - one thing for … Its probably a fake - and if not, its probably stolen - one thing for sure, LUFC won't be making any money from it (if anything it will lose them money).

IT MOST LIKELY A FACTORY 2ND

Original Poster

shauneco;5338996

Just hope these aren't the new United kit's.England shirt looks good … Just hope these aren't the new United kit's.England shirt looks good compared to them.

i am a liverpool fan but even if i wasnt these are very bad also unlucky on last night i was routing for the english team:thumbsup:

Original Poster

jah128;5338989

Its probably a fake - and if not, its probably stolen - one thing for … Its probably a fake - and if not, its probably stolen - one thing for sure, LUFC won't be making any money from it (if anything it will lose them money).

it just shows football teams like to fleece the loyal supporters this shirt sells for £58!!!!!!!! i got it for £20 and i proberley helped some poor young thialand boy eat for a week doing so, instead of filling some fat cats pocket

shauneco;5338996

Just hope these aren't the new United kit's.England shirt looks good … Just hope these aren't the new United kit's.England shirt looks good compared to them.

what do mean you hope they arnt?

they ARE the new man utd tops
to op the top is a fake but looks a very good one as long as you like it who cares

The Chinese bootleggers do perfect copies.......have done for a couple of years now including all holograms, addidas tags etc as they buy the leaked templates.

I'd say it's 99.9% likely a fake but you'd never tell.

Original Poster

DIVA1977;5338999

IT MOST LIKELY A FACTORY 2ND

your prob right

Original Poster

Syzable;5339028

The Chinese bootleggers do perfect copies.......have done for a couple of … The Chinese bootleggers do perfect copies.......have done for a couple of years now including all holograms, addidas tags etc as they buy the leaked templates. I'd say it's 99.9% likely a fake but you'd never tell.

how would i find out does anyone know what i need to look for??

jamstaruk1972;5339024

what do mean you hope they arnt?they ARE the new man utd tops

Not, A bit more research and this is more convincing

http://www.footy-boots.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/man-utd-home-kit-2009-2011.jpg

http://www.footy-boots.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/new-man-utd-home-shirt.jpg

ViperKeith;5339020

it just shows football teams like to fleece the loyal supporters this … it just shows football teams like to fleece the loyal supporters this shirt sells for £58!!!!!!!! i got it for £20 and i proberley helped some poor young thialand boy eat for a week doing so, instead of filling some fat cats pocket

Alas unfortunately the fans have to pay the over-inflated wage bills of the players - not saying this is a good thing, but its the way it is - football shirts cost what they do as they are a key revenue source for the clubs (companies). Lets face it they probably cost well under a fiver each all in by the time they make it to these shores, so £20 aint all that cheap (and I doubt very much its the kids in Thailand who are taking the profit...)

ViperKeith;5339049

As counterfitting goes faking a football shirt is probably one of the easiest things to do well so it might be near impossible to tell, there will probably be some subtle differences in stiching or something somewhere but you would need a genuine one in front of you to compare to. As a general rule though - if its from ebay and not a authorised retailer, costs significantly less than the RRP, and is available before the release of the genuine article, its got to be at least a bit fishy :giggle:

Original Poster

jah128;5339059

Alas unfortunately the fans have to pay the over-inflated wage bills of … Alas unfortunately the fans have to pay the over-inflated wage bills of the players - not saying this is a good thing, but its the way it is - football shirts cost what they do as they are a key revenue source for the clubs (companies). Lets face it they probably cost well under a fiver each all in by the time they make it to these shores, so £20 aint all that cheap (and I doubt very much its the kids in Thailand who are taking the profit...)

im sure ur right but in the climate were in if i can save £30 on this season shirt im a v.happy man

Original Poster

jah128;5339080

As counterfitting goes faking a football shirt is probably one of the … As counterfitting goes faking a football shirt is probably one of the easiest things to do well so it might be near impossible to tell, there will probably be some subtle differences in stiching or something somewhere but you would need a genuine one in front of you to compare to. As a general rule though - if its from ebay and not a authorised retailer, costs significantly less than the RRP, and is available before the release of the genuine article, its got to be at least a bit fishy :giggle:

i have compared it to the home shirt which i got from the anfield store and i have to say i really cant tell between the stiching it looks the same , i have even turned it inside out and the liverpool bade is complety sowen and no stuck on patch like u some times get and lettering on the back seems to be the new premiership style if its a fake i really cant tell it must be a very very good fake

ViperKeith;5339083

im sure ur right but in the climate were in if i can save £30 on this … im sure ur right but in the climate were in if i can save £30 on this season shirt im a v.happy man

Don't get me wrong - I'd probably do the same - just saying I doubt its genuine :thumbsup:

I worked for a company that imported stuff from Far East, and I had the chance to visit one of the 'factories' that made replica footie shirts, and they are amazingly good quality and virtually impossible to tell from the real thing. I actually had a new Juventus shirt before the club did lol. So this is most certainly a fake, but hey you saved £30 quid so enjoy it, I'm sure the person earning £2 a month to make it will thank you !!!!!

ViperKeith;5339049

Im afraid to say this will 1000000% be a fake. However it will be a very very good one at that. The only way you can tell is get an authentic one from the liverpool site or retail shop and put them side by side and look at the very small details. Your shirt will have virtually the identical markings and even adidas tags etc... but there will be some slight differences. I compared my white man united away shirt from this season to a "fake" £20 one that my uncle got from thailand and i was impressed at how similar it was. It had holograms in the right places, nike tags etc.... But if u looked closely at the stitching you could see the superior quality on the real one and also the when you turned the shirt inside out the way the club crest had been sewn on did not look as good. As i say tho if you are walking down the street then it would be impossible to tell them apart!! I doubt yours will last anywhere near as long once you have washed it a few times as i imagine the materials used will not be as good quality and the poorer stiching may come lose.

Original Poster

Cantona_7;5339162

Im afraid to say this will 1000000% be a fake. However it will be a very … Im afraid to say this will 1000000% be a fake. However it will be a very very good one at that. The only way you can tell is get an authentic one from the liverpool site or retail shop and put them side by side and look at the very small details. Your shirt will have virtually the identical markings and even adidas tags etc... but there will be some slight differences. I compared my white man united away shirt from this season to a "fake" £20 one that my uncle got from thailand and i was impressed at how similar it was. It had holograms in the right places, nike tags etc.... But if u looked closely at the stitching you could see the superior quality on the real one and also the when you turned the shirt inside out the way the club crest had been sewn on did not look as good. As i say tho if you are walking down the street then it would be impossible to tell them apart!! I doubt yours will last anywhere near as long once you have washed it a few times as i imagine the materials used will not be as good quality and the poorer stiching may come lose.

the material the same as my home shirt i dont think its a fake i think its a factory 2nd which liverpool wont sell through there stotres it really dosnt fell cheap atall in fact it feels the oposite i was suspect about ordering and im trying to find faults with it but i really cant :thinking:

The fakes are usually very good until you put them in the washer and the colours fade and sometime merge together.

My other half as a fake black United kit and the white stripe has turned pink.

ViperKeith;5339205

the material the same as my home shirt i dont think its a fake i think … the material the same as my home shirt i dont think its a fake i think its a factory 2nd which liverpool wont sell through there stotres it really dosnt fell cheap atall in fact it feels the oposite i was suspect about ordering and im trying to find faults with it but i really cant :thinking:

I dont think they would be releasing factory 2nds into the market before they have released the real thing. This is taken from an ebay guide on how to spot a fake football shirt and i think proves the point:

2. NEVER buy from Thailand. People may tell you that they are the real thing because they are coming directly from the Nike,Adidas,Puma,Kappa factory, but that is just not true. They are coming from sweat shops completely unaffiliated with the aforementioned brands. In fact, I dont think any of those brands even operate out of Thailand, though I could be wrong, but doubt it. Nike, for one, has factories in Portugal, Bulgaria, and Honduras - Not Thailand. If, on eBay, it says ships from Asia or the seller is located in Thailand, dont bid, look for another seller. One out of every hundred Thai sellers may be real, but thats not a gamble worth taking in my opinion. Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia - they all spell trouble. The tricky part is that these sellers will often say they are registered in the UK, when in fact their product is coming from Southeast Asia.

If it washes fine then you're on to a winner - It might be a fake, but if it looks 100% authentic and no one can spot the difference then good job!

Original Poster

Cantona_7;5339313

I dont think they would be releasing factory 2nds into the market before … I dont think they would be releasing factory 2nds into the market before they have released the real thing. This is taken from an ebay guide on how to spot a fake football shirt and i think proves the point:2. NEVER buy from Thailand. People may tell you that they are the real thing because they are coming directly from the Nike,Adidas,Puma,Kappa factory, but that is just not true. They are coming from sweat shops completely unaffiliated with the aforementioned brands. In fact, I dont think any of those brands even operate out of Thailand, though I could be wrong, but doubt it. Nike, for one, has factories in Portugal, Bulgaria, and Honduras - Not Thailand. If, on eBay, it says ships from Asia or the seller is located in Thailand, dont bid, look for another seller. One out of every hundred Thai sellers may be real, but thats not a gamble worth taking in my opinion. Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia - they all spell trouble. The tricky part is that these sellers will often say they are registered in the UK, when in fact their product is coming from Southeast Asia.

prob a fake then but hay its good enough when im in the terraces

Who cares.
If it looks good and you like it and cant tell the difference what is the matter?
Fakes nowadays are so good that most people cant tell the difference, and those that do are professionals and those who look very closely at the details.

If it survives a wash or 2 then all good
make sure you wash it Inside out and with a colour catcher sheet for the first couple of washes

Original Poster

for people looking for shirts as people have asked me for links etc if u are going to buy a shirt from ebay make sure the writting on the back is gold and not white like some shirts have kitbag who are taking pre orders clearly show the writting is going to be gold

kitbag.com/sto…275

Its more than likely a "genuine fake", and is definitely not the real thing.

There are a load of websites based in Thailand (few links below) that sell these fakes. I have bought a few shirts from them in the past and tbh you wouldn't even know the difference.

ea545.com/en/…asp

bestway4you.com/car…asp

Original Poster

modoc;5349177

Its more than likely a "genuine fake", and is definitely not the real … Its more than likely a "genuine fake", and is definitely not the real thing.There are a load of websites based in Thailand (few links below) that sell these fakes. I have bought a few shirts from them in the past and tbh you wouldn't even know the difference.http://www.ea545.com/en/Scripts/default.asphttp://www.bestway4you.com/cart/default.asp

no dout it is espically for £20 - if i cant tell im happy :-D
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Cheapest place to get ea access?11
    2. Samsung s8 trade in46
    3. Does anyone have a Xbox gold trial code22
    4. Iphone 6 to which handset?45

See more discussions