Groups

For all you E-bay/PayPal haters

post your petition to the Prime Minister.
    petitions.number10.gov.uk/eba…ff/

This petition has been started by Philip Parkinson who states
    'Ebay through making users compulsorary offer paypal as the main option or the only payment option for financial transactions on sales, is infringing article 82 of European Law.

That is through restraining a sellers right to choose the method of financial transaction they use when engaging in free trade; are in fact using a restrictive practice to abuse a monopolistic position in order to generate profits.

In laymans terms ebay are forcing users to use paypal and then take a percentage of the price in commission for themselves, when users could not freely choose to not have them involved if they wished.

This abuse of market also serves to distort the free market and increase prices, as prices now have to increase to reflect the additional commision taken by paypal / ebay.'

13 Comments

signed

jamstaruk1972;4879077

signed

me too :thumbsup:

i'm no fan of either but you really don't have to use ebay and if you do then you know the score and have to abide by their rules.

might seem unfair but ebay aren't forcing people to use them and if you don't like their terms then don't use them.

good signed

Banned

tinkerbell28;4879178

Oh honestly, like this has not been done to death, nothing will happen as … Oh honestly, like this has not been done to death, nothing will happen as you are allowed to take other payments and you are not allowed to specify a preference. They don't force you to use the site!The only country to have taken action is Australia, no-one else has bothered!I am no fan, don't get me wrong, but most buyers like using PP for the protection, most would not pay any other way. Use another auction site, or Amazon market place.

the only country they have tried to make paypal compulsory for EVERY transaction was australia.....so not a case nobody else has bothered!!! bank transfer is the main way of paYING THERE AND STILL IS BTW OPPS CAPOS

and guess what.....they managed to have it overturned!!!

also the fact that they are using ebay to get paypals name out there so you use it else where.....knock on effect

you can lokk at the accc site and find entries on the legality of them doin such a thin g with entries from all the major banks in australia and many other major companies which are worded very well.........they could also be used here as templates obviosly adjusting anything oz related to here

Banned

tinkerbell28;4879302

Yes, I know that, but they did have a go at fighting it, our country … Yes, I know that, but they did have a go at fighting it, our country won't especially as you are still allowed other payment methods OFT has already dismissed similar claims/petitions out of hand.

why wont our country?

where are these dismissals from oft?

how do you know it cant be overturned unless people do something exactly.......why is oz so different to here?

ebay/paypal has turned the uk into paranoid consumers.........australia, germany to mention 2 mainly use bank transfer for ebay transactions.....trust has gone within the uk.......sad very sad that people have resigned to failure without even making an effort...

we used to be agreat nation........sadly this country has gone to the dogs or immigrants

I prefer using Paypal to pay.........at least it's guaranteed and you are covered.

As a seller i prefer it as well as it's instant and job done.:)

signed.

i wouldnt sign this. No-one forced us to use ebay. We chose to accept the terms and conditions when we signed up.

Syzable;4879710

I prefer using Paypal to pay.........at least it's guaranteed and you are … I prefer using Paypal to pay.........at least it's guaranteed and you are covered. As a seller i prefer it as well as it's instant and job done.:)

ive sold something and followed paypals procedure for sellers and got scammed.
    i bought something from musthave100 thinking that paypal will protect me and got scammed.

it could just be that i have bad luck but i think paypal needs to sort themselves out.

ALICOM007;4879760

ive sold something and followed paypals procedure for sellers and got … ive sold something and followed paypals procedure for sellers and got scammed.i bought something from musthave100 thinking that paypal will protect me and got scammed. it could just be that i have bad luck but i think paypal needs to sort themselves out.

Paypal only guarantees eBay 100%

As a seller you have to make sure you send via a trackable method and be very accurate with your listings etc.

Banned

tinkerbell28;4879673

What has immigrants, got to do with this exactly, it's that mindset that … What has immigrants, got to do with this exactly, it's that mindset that causes problems in this country, people not thinking for themselves, using the press to do it for them. Why bring up immigration, when it's PP we are talking about.I would not say I am one to resign to failure either, or not one to make an effort. I still believe this is a great nation, and so does my husband who fights for his country- all irrelevant to this post:thumbsup:The fact is PP has no monopoly here, you ARE ALLOWED to take other payments, PP is required, for buyer protection or fees for PP whatever side of the fence you sit on.However NO monopoly exists, you are allowed to use other payment methods, you can use other auction sites, you can sell elsewhere.It's a monopoly in peoples minds as most people use ebay, as that is where they will get the most views and therefore the most money in general, even if you take off the higher fees.Although in my mindset I would say they have a monopoly, technically they dont, if they are so bad, sell elsewhere!Plus I guarantee any seller if they could refuse PP, would lose custom, buyers rely on the protection which is actually a good thing.All the best with the petition

lol did you see how my final comment was separated at the bottom?? press thinking for me? its a sad fact this country is not the country it once was....

where is the trust?

where is the community spirit gone?

why cant you feel safe to walk the streets in some areas or leave your door unlocked?

like i said this country has gone to the dogs......people used to fight for whats right .....now we fight for the wrong reasons home and abroad

anyway this thread is not about that it was a statement aboutr the fact that people dont trust each other here to use bank transfers like germany and australia but you wanted to jump on me for something.....

also google checkout and or other pament methods are not available on ebay anymore where they used to be .......

it is technically a monopoly and does not create any competition for other payment methods which are just as safe iwith less or no fees
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3571349
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764603
      3. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…1868
      4. Any PS4 News Here29213646

See more discussions