Groups

For anyone thinking of buying a Xbox 360

All, thought I would post this up for anyone thinking of buying a 360 in the next couple of weeks.
    Microsoft have slashed the price of the core and premium consoles so a core will now cost £138 and premium £222.
    Only announced today so expect prices to drop in stores
    DONT BUY NOW!

Also - keep your eyes out for the Halo3 special edition 360 coming out in September.

telegraph.co.uk/mon…xml

24 Comments

"The 360 price-cut hitting this week is for North America. Not for Europe, not for Australia, not for Japan. So when can Europeans and Australians expect to see similar savings? No idea. Both the European and Aussie Xbox divisions are issuing eerily similar statements about the cuts being only for North America, and that nothing else has yet been announced. Which in other words means if your 360 is a PAL unit, wait another couple weeks til Leipzig, you'll hear about it then."

]Kotaku

Original Poster

I cant get onto that site but it doesnt mention that on any of the news sites I have been on

]SPOnG contacted Microsoft in the U.K. today for announcement news … ]SPOnG contacted Microsoft in the U.K. today for announcement news regarding price cutting for the Xbox range in Europe. This is what we were told:"We have not announced any pricing changes in Europe."

Also:

[SIZE="1"]Xbox 360 price drops in the US, all quiet on European front - ]Xboxer
    Microsoft Cut Xbox 360 Prices In The US News - Although there are no plans for a similar price reduction in Europe... - ]totalvideogames
    ]Official: Xbox 360 price cut: US only - ]Computerandvideogames
    MS quiet on Euro 360 price - ]eurogamer.net
    Microsoft: No UK Xbox 360 Price Cut - ]next-gen.biz[/SIZE]

Until they actually announce a price-cut specific to europe, it's not official.

Cheeky ******s they already get it cheaper than us AND they get a price cut, should be us getting one

Plus who'd want that Halo 3 special edition console...

It's so fugly it's unbelievable.

http://blogs.pcworld.com/gameon/archives/ilmhalo3console.jpg

Baby Puke green. Lovely!

Gotta love Microsoft's industrial design. So stylish....

They only plan on dropping the price in the US due to the fact that Sony dropped the price of the PS3 there, whereas here they just chucked more in the package.

Will stay the same price here till at least the Xmas war starts.

halo edition looks wicked

HU5TLER

halo edition looks wicked

Yup, I actually like the colour, Even if it is baby poo green!

Original Poster

Iom-RF

Yup, I actually like the colour, Even if it is baby poo green!

You have got to be kidding me!

Xbox has been out for aaaaaaaages now. About time the price dropped, even though i have one already ;-)

tommygun3030

You have got to be kidding me!

Nope!, I Honestly like the colour! :giggle:

its time they started making their falcon or whatever version of the thing, so no matter what it looks like it lasts longer then a disposable camera

I much prefer this handmade Halo 3 one.

http://www.ilovereview.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/xbox-halo3.jpg

Syzable

:thumbsup: now that is cool

Banned

Syzable

PHENOMANAL

LOOKS LIKE REAL ICE :w00t:

Shame that person didnt sell the design to Microsoft for a lot of money! I would have at least tried...

interestingly they've now added a hdmi port to the premium! no point getting an elite now!

uk.gizmodo.com/200…tml

scrooge

interestingly they've now added a hdmi port to the premium! no point … interestingly they've now added a hdmi port to the premium! no point getting an elite now!]http://uk.gizmodo.com/2007/08/10/xbox_360_premium_gets_hdmi.html

Lets hope they follow the US's lead and do the same over here with the PAL machines as well. Although i won't hold my breath as they seem to give everything to the US market and leave us without (Free live games, TV stuff etc.)

Banned

The only reason they added hdmi is because they overestimated the demand for the elites so they have tons of elite motherboars laying around that obviously have hdmi. So - to get rid of em' they just slapped them in the premiums.

samy26

The only reason they added hdmi is because they overestimated the demand … The only reason they added hdmi is because they overestimated the demand for the elites so they have tons of elite motherboars laying around that obviously have hdmi. So - to get rid of em' they just slapped them in the premiums.

or instead of making two types of mobo, they can use one that is the same in all units :whistling:

Bakc on topic, Europe will get a price drop around halo 3

the americans are going to get a second one around halo 3 also, but they are having their price drop done in 2 small chunks (to coincide with Madden) and I imagine we will get our one in one...

Don't quote me on this though :giggle:

ThePennyPincher

or instead of making two types of mobo, they can use one that is the same … or instead of making two types of mobo, they can use one that is the same in all units :whistling: Bakc on topic, Europe will get a price drop around halo 3the americans are going to get a second one around halo 3 also, but they are having their price drop done in 2 small chunks (to coincide with Madden) and I imagine we will get our one in one...Don't quote me on this though :giggle:

Oops :oops: :lol:

Banned

Rofl :d

doh! who put the quote button there?! :-(
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1219
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?28128
      3. What are you loving on the BBC at the moment?63218
      4. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…33

See more discussions