For anyone who bought iPod Nano 8gb or 16gb from Morrisons deal.

Well basically from the Morrisons deal I had bought a 16gb iPod Nano and my friend had got a 8gb iPod nano. The 4th gen ones which were £60 (16gb) and £40 (8gb) respectively. However, mine was working for a few day until the battery died. My friends iPod Nano 8gb from the first moment did not work at all. So today, after making a appointment at the apple store. We took them to the store to get them checked out and find a solution to the problem.

From the check we were told that iPod Nano (both of them) were out of Warranty and even worst had been sold before. So basically we had been sold stock that was already purchased before. So there were previous owners before us.So I would suggest to anyone get your iPod checked out.

Also add the fact that Morrisons should in the first place not be selling these, if they had already been sold before.

Also I needed advice - what should Morrisons do in order to correct this mistake by them. Do I just settle for a refund or do I get more out of it. Because I totally unsure at this moment in time.

Just wanted you guys to know anyway best of luck.

7 Comments

You settle for a refund.

There is nothing to say they cannot resell the items if somebody has genuinely returned them to store in the same condition they left.

Now thats interesting!!

Glad i did not buy one!!

DJNG22

You settle for a refund.There is nothing to say they cannot resell the … You settle for a refund.There is nothing to say they cannot resell the items if somebody has genuinely returned them to store in the same condition they left.

I would not expect Morrisons to sell A Graded stock though ?

were the seals all intact on the boxes?

RickT

I would not expect Morrisons to sell A Graded stock though ?

Perhaps reason they were reduced? Most shops sell Grade A but they don't advertise it e.g. they reduce it. The Tesco I work in, just did an electrical clear out, any returns that were not faulty or display items were reduced upto 50% off.

Unfortunately in this case Morissons have sold defective goods and the only option would be a full refund. Normally any electrical returns are sent off for analysis.

Original Poster

dcx_badass

They stopped making the 4G ages ago, of course it will say out of … They stopped making the 4G ages ago, of course it will say out of warranty, however if you have the receipt then the warranty is based on the purchase date, arrange a collection online.

Thansks for the replys guys.

So you can arrange a collection from apple online, is that right? I might do that.

dcx_badass

They stopped making the 4G ages ago, of course it will say out of … They stopped making the 4G ages ago, of course it will say out of warranty, however if you have the receipt then the warranty is based on the purchase date, arrange a collection online.

I was always under the impression that warranty began from the first time you connect to itunes? so if I buy an ipod today for a christmas present and it is activated in december it will only have 8 months warranty when connected to the pc?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. How dangerous is Donald trump?57
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764091
    3. How much would you pay for this chair?1516
    4. A Nigerian prince and bit coins scam11

See more discussions