For anyone who needs a REALLY big flash drive. . .

12 replies
Found 20th Jul 2009
Kingston announce 256 gig drive !!

You too can carry your life in your pocket....

Not really something to go on the deal pages as it costs over £660.

itproportal.com/sto…ve/

11 Comments

Wow, I want one. but I would be devastated if I lost it with all my pictures/documents/music etc on it

jesus, wasn't so long ago i was happy with a floppy disk carrying all my data.

When it's £30-£35 will be worth it. Stupid unrealistic price now given memory prices are so cheap.

errr. where can you find 250gb of solid state/flash drive storage for £30 -£35???? Bit of an odd statement

Will it be washing machine proof?

Read / write speeds needs working on, 10 hours to copy if it's full.

Banned

dontasciime;5801560

When it's £30-£35 will be worth it. Stupid unrealistic price now given m … When it's £30-£35 will be worth it. Stupid unrealistic price now given memory prices are so cheap.

you cant find a normal 250gb hd for that price never mind a flash drive?

reasoning?

casparwhite;5803521

you cant find a normal 250gb hd for that price never mind a flash … you cant find a normal 250gb hd for that price never mind a flash drive?reasoning?

google.co.uk/pro…g=p

You look in wrong places then as even a 500 gig hard can be had for £31 if you look hard enough. (not at minute granted yeah but hd prices go up and down quickly and frequently.

Anyways get a grip :lol -who is going to pay £400+for a 256 usb pen drive and unless it is dual channel and has some other tricks up its sleeve it's going to be slower than IR tx.

Busy looking for specs on tx rate of that pen drive and workings .. so will edit as it may turn out to be reasonable for size in gb rd/wrt wise

according to the article it's 20MBps (write) and 10MBps (read) which is a little slow. I Suspect they have the DATA the wrong way round as write rate is always slower than read.

anyways I'm not gonna argue with anyone to me it's not worth the money at the minute. I will buy a 256 gig pen drive when the price is a lot better, bought far too many £124 usb drives and now they are like £18 so no thanks at minute.

Banned

wow but sod waiting 10hrs and spending that amount, amazing how many GB are in that usb pen wow, wont be long till m2 cards are that amount lol

autolesbona;5803422

errr. where can you find 250gb of solid state/flash drive storage for £30 … errr. where can you find 250gb of solid state/flash drive storage for £30 -£35???? Bit of an odd statement

I said no where or such a thing

What am I missing here? What's wrong with an external USB-only drive that costs 10-20 times less? OK, the physical size, but would anyone in their right minds actually consider one of these at the present cost & transfer rates :thinking:?!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Sapphire RX 480 or GTX 1060 founders edition11
    2. Foo fighters presale code.3537
    3. landlord trying to get tenant to purchase a new bed when the old one was al…1118
    4. THOMSON TUI 2 CRUISE PROBLEM - ANY HELP APPRECIATED22

See more discussions