? For audiophiles. Best subwoofer for Samsung soundbar.

Posted 26th Nov
purchased a Samsung HW-MS650 soundbar. very pleased with it but would like a bit more bass
what's the simplest & inexpensive way to to do this.
only paid £125 for the soundbar ( slightly used)
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

11 Comments
Does it have a subwoofer output at the back, and what is your budget for a sub?
Haircut_10026/11/2019 17:36

Does it have a subwoofer output at the back, and what is your budget for a …Does it have a subwoofer output at the back, and what is your budget for a sub?

My first soundbar,so no idea. £100 to £200.
Can I place the sub away from the soundbar to get more of a surround sound.
Only joking when I say this...
But "audiophile" and "soundbar" in the same sentence, paragraph, time zone, century
Derek_Lancelot_Shatwell26/11/2019 17:49

Only joking when I say this...But "audiophile" and "soundbar" in the same …Only joking when I say this...But "audiophile" and "soundbar" in the same sentence, paragraph, time zone, century

Lol for me it's audiophile territory but yea I'm sure the real sound gurus recoil in horror & have full 5.1 speakers.
Didn't really want the clutter and reviews for this suggested it gets close to a proper set up.
Close being relative
adamderak26/11/2019 17:41

My first soundbar,so no idea. £100 to £200.Can I place the sub away from t …My first soundbar,so no idea. £100 to £200.Can I place the sub away from the soundbar to get more of a surround sound.

Ok, the first thing you need to do is look at the back of the unit and see if it has a connection marked Sub Out, it will look something like this.

39128712.jpg

If it has then that's great, you can easily connect a sub to it.
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 26th Nov
adamderak26/11/2019 17:41

My first soundbar,so no idea. £100 to £200.Can I place the sub away from t …My first soundbar,so no idea. £100 to £200.Can I place the sub away from the soundbar to get more of a surround sound.

By the way subwoofers are non-directional, what they do is produce low frequency sound. When you see something that mentions 5.1 sound, the 5 refers to specific directed channels (left, centre, right, rear left, rear right) but the 1 refers to the subwoofer output. It's not a case of moving it to a different place in the room will give you more of a surround effect.
Haircut_10026/11/2019 18:23

Ok, the first thing you need to do is look at the back of the unit and see …Ok, the first thing you need to do is look at the back of the unit and see if it has a connection marked Sub Out, it will look something like this.[Image] If it has then that's great, you can easily connect a sub to it.

techradar.com/uk/…bar

Says it has sub connection (but doesn't need one).
I AM NOT A PEDOPHILE
Edited by: "Norseg" 26th Nov
Haircut_10026/11/2019 18:23

Ok, the first thing you need to do is look at the back of the unit and see …Ok, the first thing you need to do is look at the back of the unit and see if it has a connection marked Sub Out, it will look something like this.[Image] If it has then that's great, you can easily connect a sub to it.

Can't see that
39132379-0GfbG.jpg39132379-z57pu.jpg
Ok, I've just had a look online at the manual for your soundbar and like you say, there's no way to connect a sub via a cable. Samsung do sell a wireless sub to go with your soundbar but it's going to cost you though.
Samsung SWA-W700

But I just wonder though, in your earlier post you were asking about positioning a sub to give you more of a surround sound experience, which isn't really what a sub does. If that is the case do you think that maybe you'd like to add some wireless rear speakers to the soundbar instead of a sub?
ebay.co.uk/itm…CLH
Haircut_10026/11/2019 23:00

Ok, I've just had a look online at the manual for your soundbar and like …Ok, I've just had a look online at the manual for your soundbar and like you say, there's no way to connect a sub via a cable. Samsung do sell a wireless sub to go with your soundbar but it's going to cost you though.Samsung SWA-W700But I just wonder though, in your earlier post you were asking about positioning a sub to give you more of a surround sound experience, which isn't really what a sub does. If that is the case do you think that maybe you'd like to add some wireless rear speakers to the soundbar instead of a sub?https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Samsung-SWA-9000S-2Ch-54w-Wireless-Optical-Compatible-Rear-Speaker-Kit/352708813074?hash=item521f156112:g:ERMAAOSwAUJdSCLH

Many thanks haircut. Yea the bass is pretty decent but would like a more immersive sound.
It's pretty addictive, just watching anything on the TV is so much more enjoyable. Hence keen to further enhance the experience.
Would the second item you mention operate minus leads to the soundbar?
Also do the speakers have to be Samsung?
Edited by: "adamderak" 26th Nov
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions