Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

for dogs owners

Posted 21st Feb
my dog has bad smelly farts what can i give ger to stop the smelling lol also she has soft poo what can i give her to make her poo more solid ta.
Community Updates
Ask
23 Comments
Extra strong Mints for the farts.
Dog poo freeze spray will make the soft poo more solid (temporarily)
really extra stong mints can i do that long term
Depends if you can pick them up on offer or not.

On a serious note if your dog has digestive problems(probably age related ) a vet visit would be best.

Don`t give her human food as it causes them problems as much as they love the "treats".
I would prob starve her for 24 hours then try boiled rice and boiled chicken then back to her normal food few days later. No change then maybe a trip to vets or ring vet for advice
kevlfc21/02/2020 22:40

really extra stong mints can i do that long term

Do not consider that. All dogs fart sometimes more than others. Might be something to do with diet.. I would starve and also chicken and rice for a week or so to settle her stomach..
Prokolin+ (make sure it’s the +) dog probiotic.

Recommended by my vet & look at the reviews here

petdrugsonline.co.uk/pro…ats

Also try a grain free good quality dog food. For dry kibble I recommend Autarky and for wet I recommend Forthglade
sicklysweet22/02/2020 00:58

Prokolin+ (make sure it’s the +) dog probiotic.Recommended by my vet & l …Prokolin+ (make sure it’s the +) dog probiotic.Recommended by my vet & look at the reviews herehttps://www.petdrugsonline.co.uk/protexin-pro-kolin-plus-for-dogs-catsAlso try a grain free good quality dog food. For dry kibble I recommend Autarky and for wet I recommend Forthglade

This^

These also got me through a stressful couple of weeks with my dogs when they caught a bug which left them having the squits. amazon.co.uk/Vet…8-3
Change of diet to sort out the soft poo
Op what are they having now food wise?
Feed them a decent diet of grain free food. Don’t give them human food. Lily’s kitchen do a good grain free wet and dry food. Cheap food is no good for a dog. Go with 24 hour starving and some plain boiled rice and chicken then slowly introduce a new food. It will take a while for pooch gut to get used to it. We had the same changed her food and now she’s a lot better for it. The probiotic powders are good too to restore gut bacteria. We’ve had them off the vet before. If no change a call to vet might be necessary as there could be underlying issues. Fingers crossed.
Edited by: "fearghalg" 22nd Feb
thanks very much
kevlfc22/02/2020 06:41

just dry asda puppy hero

That's strange as the dry food should result in a tougher poop, have they had their anal glands cleaned recently?
nope
kevlfc22/02/2020 06:41

just dry asda puppy hero

That's your problem. Supermarket food is naff for dogs. Look on petshop.co.uk, Fetch or even Amazon for food within your budget then google reviews for that food. You should be able to find a decent food at a decent price by looking around, it can take a bit of searching but worth it once you find that perfect food.
I make my own raw food. Cheap meat+veg+fruit+offal+egg shells+oats+flax/hemp type powder+tinned fish. I make a weeks worth at a time to freeze, costs about £1/day. He gets raw chicken wings as a treat.

He's a french bulldog who was always a fussy eater, quite often off his food completely, and liked to **** at least 3 times per walk. It's made a massive improvement, including the smells.
Dry food doesn’t always mean firm poo. Have a browse on All About Dog Food website and compare foods on there. In the comments a lot of owners mention former poo etc.

A lot of the time, a real high quality kibble seems expensive but when you compare it to a cheap food, you often have to feed a lot less food. We have fed Aatu in the past which looks mega expensive but it only requires small amounts. Aatu also firmed his no 2’s up well.
brailer22/02/2020 16:02

Comment deleted

I don't think you should be feeding a dog cork
Blueskinnedbeast22/02/2020 16:52

I don't think you should be feeding a dog cork

No and they shouldn't be putting that out there. That's why the comment was removed.
Alexandralocks22/02/2020 17:30

No and they shouldn't be putting that out there. That's why the comment …No and they shouldn't be putting that out there. That's why the comment was removed.

It was obviously a tongue in cheek comment and I don`t know why someone reported it or why it was removed.
Blueskinnedbeast22/02/2020 17:51

It was obviously a tongue in cheek comment and I don`t know why someone …It was obviously a tongue in cheek comment and I don`t know why someone reported it or why it was removed.

Some people take things literally I guess..
Is this your first dog?

i would consider maybe giving the dog to a rescue centre, and maybe buying a goldfish.

hope this helps.
ELVIS_THE_PELVIS22/02/2020 20:18

Is this your first dog?i would consider maybe giving the dog to a rescue …Is this your first dog?i would consider maybe giving the dog to a rescue centre, and maybe buying a goldfish.hope this helps.

lol ur a gimp mate
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants