For Sale Thread

Found 12th Aug
Does anyone else other than myself still miss the the for sale/trade section. I know there is that lokal rubbish or whatever it's called. Just isn't the same.

A bit of nostalgia.

3012045-oVFNM.jpg

Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
deleted79467
Shpock home of the low ball offers
Miss it soooo much!
Have loads to sell at the moment and not having much luck on the auction site or shpock
38 Comments
Lokal is rubbish!

It's like Gumtree but nobody uses it.
Miss it soooo much!
Have loads to sell at the moment and not having much luck on the auction site or shpock
deleted79467
deleted7946712th Aug

Someone offered me £100 for an Xbox One S

Eventually a decent buyer comes along, sold it in the end for £140.
deleted7946712th Aug

I had so many ridiculous offers on shpock, I uninstalled the app, and will never consider it again.
Worst selling platform ever imo.
Shpock is terrible, full of scroungers and deadbeats.
jamie01527 m ago

Someone offered me £100 for an Xbox One S Eventually a decent buyer …Someone offered me £100 for an Xbox One S Eventually a decent buyer comes along, sold it in the end for £140.

Tbh I've seen plenty of XB1s's for £100 on local sites.
Call8m1 m ago

Tbh I've seen plenty of XB1s's for £100 on local sites.

This was quite a few months ago, and mine was in mint condition with box + accessories, and had the worthless FIFA 17 included.
Some one offered £20 for beats solo 3. They were listed at £150. Someone else listed a white now tv box. I bought one for £5. He listed a used one for £50. He put basically an Apple TV in the description. Someone bought it for £45 apparently(excited)
I tried Shpock to sell a Macbook Pro 2016 and got a ridiculous low offer (not much interest for the item on there) so I focused on eBay and sold it on there for what I wanted for it.
On eBay I had quite a few offers but I didn't give in until someone bought it for my price.
I wasn't impressed with Shpock.
I think eBay has got like that recently. Really silly offers. Selling something for £30 And people offer £4. I don't think I would I would have the nerve offering someone something like that.
It used to decent on here. Some draconian rules. But at least you could buy and sell stuff with ease at reasonable prices. I tried Lokal, but it is total junk. Haven't sold one item on it. And nobody responds to buying either. Plus all the spam. It's a shame, do miss it in here.
where is the link on hukd for lokal?
hermano21 h, 22 m ago

where is the link on hukd for lokal?

Try lokal on google
jamie0152 h, 15 m ago

uk.lokal.com

cheers. Think link was on hukd site but no can no longer see it...guess it went same way as For sale/Trade
hermano254 s ago

cheers. Think link was on hukd site but no can no longer see it...guess it …cheers. Think link was on hukd site but no can no longer see it...guess it went same way as For sale/Trade

Yeah, I was looking there too but they got rid of it.
Edited by: "jamie015" 13th Aug
They probably realised it was awful. I think they need to bring back for sale/trade section.
WesD8426 m ago

They probably realised it was awful. I think they need to bring back for …They probably realised it was awful. I think they need to bring back for sale/trade section.

They won't, it cost them too much money (a lot of admin yet no affiliate links to cover the costs).
jamie01546 m ago

They won't, it cost them too much money (a lot of admin yet no affiliate …They won't, it cost them too much money (a lot of admin yet no affiliate links to cover the costs).

True. Why not allow hukd members to moderate it,or something, so the admin can focus on other tasks.
It's at the bottom of the page

34736483-Sz7qS.jpg
chuckiedoll12th Aug

Miss it soooo much!Have loads to sell at the moment and not having much …Miss it soooo much!Have loads to sell at the moment and not having much luck on the auction site or shpock

You always had lovely stuff!! I miss it too. Got two boxes full of stuff to sell.
Edited by: "fern37" 13th Aug
Shpock is a waste of time, some of the offers you get are so low you'd think people were confusing it with freecycle.
WesD8441 m ago

True. Why not allow hukd members to moderate it,or something, so the admin …True. Why not allow hukd members to moderate it,or something, so the admin can focus on other tasks.

I guess it also takes up server space which costs money to maintain. HUKD members moderating wouldn't work as there'd be inconsistencies in applying rules.
jamie01540 m ago

I guess it also takes up server space which costs money to maintain. HUKD …I guess it also takes up server space which costs money to maintain. HUKD members moderating wouldn't work as there'd be inconsistencies in applying rules.

It worked well for years. It was people not following the rules that lead to people being scammed.
fern373 m ago

It worked well for years. It was people not following the rules that lead …It worked well for years. It was people not following the rules that lead to people being scammed.

It did, but it's not because of that IMO.

It's because of the cost of hosting the FSFT section and paying admin/mods to moderate it when no affiliate link money was earned. We should try to launch our own FSFT, maybe using the HUKD subreddit?
jamie0153 m ago

It did, but it's not because of that IMO.It's because of the cost of …It did, but it's not because of that IMO.It's because of the cost of hosting the FSFT section and paying admin/mods to moderate it when no affiliate link money was earned. We should try to launch our own FSFT, maybe using the HUKD subreddit?

mods get paid???

Ok...get hukd to relaunch it and take 1% in admin fees
fern375 m ago

mods get paid??? Ok...get hukd to relaunch it and take …mods get paid??? Ok...get hukd to relaunch it and take 1% in admin fees

I'm pretty sure mods get paid, @andywedge don't you? I always thought they did, or surely some of the site legends would become mods?

The only way they'd be able to charge everyone effectively is to charge a flat fee for listing, as a 1% fee wouldn't work unless HUKD controlled payment too (as people can lie and say the item didn't sell, or it sold for £1 when it sold for £100 etc.).
jamie0153 m ago

I'm pretty sure mods get paid, @andywedge don't you? I always thought they …I'm pretty sure mods get paid, @andywedge don't you? I always thought they did, or surely some of the site legends would become mods?The only way they'd be able to charge everyone effectively is to charge a flat fee for listing, as a 1% fee wouldn't work unless HUKD controlled payment too (as people can lie and say the item didn't sell, or it sold for £1 when it sold for £100 etc.).

they took @andywedge off the streets!! They took @Syzable off his sofa!!! They're good like that - giving back to the community.
fern374 m ago

they took @andywedge off the streets!! They took @Syzable off his sofa!!! …they took @andywedge off the streets!! They took @Syzable off his sofa!!! They're good like that - giving back to the community.

Haha, unrelated I was looking at the Reddit pages and they are so.... I can't find the word for it but I wanna join!
Edited by: "jamie015" 13th Aug
jamie0152 m ago

Haha, unrelated I was looking at the Reddit pages and they are so.... I …Haha, unrelated I was looking at the Reddit pages and they are so.... I can't find the word for it but I wanna join!

yep....known for years they get paid. Had a friend on here who became a mod for fs/ft. Thankless job. He never disclosed what they paid him but I guess it would be a niec gig.
fern3711 m ago

they took @andywedge off the streets!! They took @Syzable off his sofa!!! …they took @andywedge off the streets!! They took @Syzable off his sofa!!! They're good like that - giving back to the community.

Syzable is still on the sofa
andywedge4 m ago

Syzable is still on the sofa

Hi Andy. Hope you're well xx
fern372 m ago

Hi Andy. Hope you're well xx

Yep, not too bad, hope you are good, and I'm about to move to the sofa too
andywedge4 m ago

Yep, not too bad, hope you are good, and I'm about to move to the sofa too

how's your little one or not so little one. Gosh...how old is she now? Tell syzable to budge up or it's his turn to spoon you
fern378 m ago

how's your little one or not so little one. Gosh...how old is she now? …how's your little one or not so little one. Gosh...how old is she now? Tell syzable to budge up or it's his turn to spoon you

She's a teenager now. Well, she thinks she is. She's 7 in a couple of months.
andywedge5 h, 29 m ago

She's a teenager now. Well, she thinks she is. She's 7 in a couple of …She's a teenager now. Well, she thinks she is. She's 7 in a couple of months.

oh the joys xx
Edited by: "fern37" 14th Aug
I do miss seeing what bargains I can find. Did have some good sellers.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants