for those who have ordered Amazon echo, free credit from Amazon by complaining about lacking of ifttt in the uk

I called Amazon customer service yesterday to complain about the lacking of ifttt as I had spent one hour setting it up with no result
I just wanted them to get it working soon in the uk
didn't expect anything back
However, the nice guy offered me £30 for the inconvenience
he also said the more people call Amazon, the better chance of us getting ifttt to work here sooner
hope this helps

18 Comments

What is ifttt

supermod

Moved to MISC as a heads up / info post, thanks

IFTTT (IF This Then That) - basically a command set. So as an example, asking Echo for a flash briefing is one. The idea behind echo is that you can ask it lots of things, but right now in the UK its pretty basic what you can and can't ask. Worth asking about what they are doing about improving the command sets that are built-in. I noticed that if you want to get a sports update from your favourite football team, you are limited to EPL only...Teams in the championship league and below don't work

Just giving it a go on live chat

I spent ages trying to get it working until IFTTT started saying US only. >.< I have dropped Amazon an email - worth a punt anyway, cheers OP

Some people have more money than sense

No discount. Tried two people

They offered me a free PSVR, not complaining.

tempt

They offered me a free PSVR, not complaining.

​I got a free ps4 with it aswell! woooo

Original Poster

roadie

No discount. Tried two people

​ tell them to get you through to technical team

They aren't playing ball with me whatsoever

Original Poster

ScarboroughKID

They aren't playing ball with me whatsoever

​ tell them to get you to technical team as it seems like they know about echo more than customer service

tungle106

​ tell them to get you through to technical team

I did. Lol

Think I'm just going to send mine back and wait for the Google home tbh. The blue tooth disconnecting and nonexistent online search is a no for me

I've just been on to them about lack of voice control using the alexa app. FireTV app has this function but you need to buy the voice control stick (£20) if you want to use this with the echo!

Did anyone get a partial refund?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card33
    2. DICKINSONS REAL DEAL £25,000 COMPETITION22
    3. Win a Free minion usb stick1111
    4. Tv choice magazine Issue 391515

See more discussions