For those who suffer with Psoriasis, please read.

Found 17th Mar
We all know Facebook can have lots of false information, but I found a thread the other day about a baby moisturiser and how amazing it was for clearing up psoriasis.
Some of my family tried it and the results are that the psoriasis is clearing up.

Here is the post the woman made.........

"Needed to share this with you all. I suffer from
Psoriasis, have done for years , I get it all up my arms , neck and chest and up until yesterday only hydrocortisone cream would get rid of it , but it’s really harsh and only pharmacists can give you it . Yesterday my Mam told me try this child’s farm baby moisturiser , I’m not joking 24 hours later my psoriasis is gone ! Anyone suffering with psoriasis or eczema you need to try this ! £3.99 in Asda in the baby aisle"

Lots of people posted in her thread and thanked her as it's working for them.

Hope this helps a few people.

[IMG]2910685-BY02y.jpg[/IMG]
Community Updates
Misc
31 Comments
Got a link to the Facebook post?
I presume it's public?

Edit nvm googled it looks like it's doing the circuit everywhere.
Edited by: "catbeans" 17th Mar
catbeans13 m ago

Got a link to the Facebook post? I presume it's public?Edit nvm googled it …Got a link to the Facebook post? I presume it's public?Edit nvm googled it looks like it's doing the circuit everywhere.

facebook.com/lau…ory
I can confirm, this is good stuff, been using it a few months now, more effective than the steroid based creams I get prescribed. I get it from Superbug 3 or 4 quid, I think Boots do it too
Udderly Smooth Extra Care with 10% urea has been miraculous on me. Not used steroid cream for weeks.. Guess you need to try and see what works for you
Google 'childs farm' select news, loads of stories about it.
33458127-iKczf.jpg
Got to be worth a go.... wife suffers badly with psoriasis........ thanks op
Ingredients, in case anyone was curious:

Aqua, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Isopropyl Myristate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polyglyceryl-3 Dicitrate/Stearate, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Benzyl Alcohol, Parfum, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, Dehydroacetic Acid, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamon, Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Extract, Limonene, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone

Lots of humectants high up the list. I wonder if it would work so well in low humidity.
wayners2 h, 49 m ago

Udderly Smooth Extra Care with 10% urea has been miraculous on me. Not …Udderly Smooth Extra Care with 10% urea has been miraculous on me. Not used steroid cream for weeks.. Guess you need to try and see what works for you

WheresMeNuts3 h, 21 m ago

https://www.facebook.com/laura.gray.3323?hc_ref=ART4fJtxT20sYANpK8jabgPtGqgHhuQI0-o1Z36bz02FsTeOqsPTp5RBCxcv8du3_CU&pnref=story

Wow never heard of this, thanks for the heads up op! I have it and steroid creams have stopped working. It's driving me crazy n all the doctors do is give me another steroid cream I've already used ten billion times. Sick to death of it. Nothing I do seems to help unless I don't go outside and blather myself with the lotions creams and oils
ill definatley be giving this a go, Thankyou
Jason vale is a sufferer too and effectively stopped his most of time with diet changes. He does a FREE plan for it as doesn't want others to have to pay for options etc unnecessarily

Worth a shot

juicemaster.com/ski…mme

33459004-SHKvI.jpg33459004-BpyuK.jpg
Edited by: "mrwhitelabel" 17th Mar
Don't be too disappointed if this doesn't work though. Once you develop psoriasis it tends to come and go throughout life. A flare-up can occur at any time. The frequency of flare-ups also varies. And there may be times when psoriasis clears for long spells, so may appear to be working for some.

Be careful not to deceive yourselves.

As cynical as it sounds, personally I would like to see good quality clinical trials on this product which appear to be ignored here. Personal testimony doesn't count as good evidence.

The rest is however up to you. However, I'm not necessarily saying don't try it.
Edited by: "LemonHead" 17th Mar
Seriously. I have been in bed in agony and kept me awake. Trouble is you scratch when you sleep and bleed everywhere and eventually wake up. Udderly extra has been like some sort of snake oil for me. First time in 5+ years I'm near free of skin troubles. Just try everything you can and see what works for you although avoid soap and anything else that could irritate your skin.
mrwhitelabel8 h, 5 m ago

Jason vale is a sufferer too and effectively stopped his most of time with …Jason vale is a sufferer too and effectively stopped his most of time with diet changes. He does a FREE plan for it as doesn't want others to have to pay for options etc unnecessarilyWorth a shothttps://www.juicemaster.com/skin-deep-programme[Image] [Image]

This sounds to me like the ones who claim to cure cancer with juices or vegan diets. No offence.

Psoriasis is an autoimmune condition... I know prednisone is used in some cases for it... It suppresses the immune system so has serious side effects but a doctor will monitor you while you take it and will prescribe it only if suitable.

I have a friend in the US with psoriasis and he has tried just about anything..., from creams, dead sea salt to cortisone creams and the cortisone works but thins the skin so can't be used all the time. The other remedies don't do anything for the discolouration.
Changing diet didn't do much either.
I had read someone saying on some online forum how salt was miraculous with psoriasis but when he tried it it just got rid of the scales momentarily then they came back quickly.

I guess it depends on the type of psoriasis and the individual's immune system as well.
Some people can control it well just with normal ointments and creams.
hearts2234 m ago

This sounds to me like the ones who claim to cure cancer with juices or …This sounds to me like the ones who claim to cure cancer with juices or vegan diets. No offence.Psoriasis is an autoimmune condition... I know prednisone is used in some cases for it... It suppresses the immune system so has serious side effects but a doctor will monitor you while you take it and will prescribe it only if suitable. I have a friend in the US with psoriasis and he has tried just about anything..., from creams, dead sea salt to cortisone creams and the cortisone works but thins the skin so can't be used all the time. The other remedies don't do anything for the discolouration. Changing diet didn't do much either.I had read someone saying on some online forum how salt was miraculous with psoriasis but when he tried it it just got rid of the scales momentarily then they came back quickly. I guess it depends on the type of psoriasis and the individual's immune system as well.Some people can control it well just with normal ointments and creams.

I have found that twice over the last couple of years I have had a flu/ terrible cold (docs said it was flu) And both times my psoriasis has cleared up.
I've read other people have reported this has happened which is bizarre because psoriasis normally gets worse when unwell. I've had plenty of normal colds ect since I suddenly developed psoriasis when I was 16, now 32 and the psoriasis gets worse as you would predict.

But on 2 occasions over the last few years I've had flu and my psoriasis cleared up (not totally but a great deal). This I believe is down to my immune system being so heavily concentrating on fighting the flu it doesn't fight the blood cells that make the the psoriasis patches worse.
Honestly this genuinely has happened twice to me its like a miracle and I wish more reasearch would go into it.

Im kind of going on abit here but would be interested to hear if any body else has noticed this happen with them?
I don't know a lot about it but I've got a friend who takes aloe Vera juice for it but they buy it from Holland Barratt and it is pretty dear.
LeahsMintytoutou45 m ago

I have found that twice over the last couple of years I have had a flu/ …I have found that twice over the last couple of years I have had a flu/ terrible cold (docs said it was flu) And both times my psoriasis has cleared up. I've read other people have reported this has happened which is bizarre because psoriasis normally gets worse when unwell. I've had plenty of normal colds ect since I suddenly developed psoriasis when I was 16, now 32 and the psoriasis gets worse as you would predict. But on 2 occasions over the last few years I've had flu and my psoriasis cleared up (not totally but a great deal). This I believe is down to my immune system being so heavily concentrating on fighting the flu it doesn't fight the blood cells that make the the psoriasis patches worse. Honestly this genuinely has happened twice to me its like a miracle and I wish more reasearch would go into it. Im kind of going on abit here but would be interested to hear if any body else has noticed this happen with them?

Makes sense as the autoimmune response is weakened.
LemonHead14 h, 27 m ago

Don't be too disappointed if this doesn't work though. Once you develop …Don't be too disappointed if this doesn't work though. Once you develop psoriasis it tends to come and go throughout life. A flare-up can occur at any time. The frequency of flare-ups also varies. And there may be times when psoriasis clears for long spells, so may appear to be working for some.Be careful not to deceive yourselves.As cynical as it sounds, personally I would like to see good quality clinical trials on this product which appear to be ignored here. Personal testimony doesn't count as good evidence.The rest is however up to you. However, I'm not necessarily saying don't try it.

This every time .
You don't know if you are applying the cream when psoriasis is actually going away .

In summary anything with truth or miracle etc in the title is most likely bs
hearts229 h, 38 m ago

This sounds to me like the ones who claim to cure cancer with juices or …This sounds to me like the ones who claim to cure cancer with juices or vegan diets. No offence.Psoriasis is an autoimmune condition... I know prednisone is used in some cases for it... It suppresses the immune system so has serious side effects but a doctor will monitor you while you take it and will prescribe it only if suitable. I have a friend in the US with psoriasis and he has tried just about anything..., from creams, dead sea salt to cortisone creams and the cortisone works but thins the skin so can't be used all the time. The other remedies don't do anything for the discolouration. Changing diet didn't do much either.I had read someone saying on some online forum how salt was miraculous with psoriasis but when he tried it it just got rid of the scales momentarily then they came back quickly. I guess it depends on the type of psoriasis and the individual's immune system as well.Some people can control it well just with normal ointments and creams.

I use Humira for an arthritic condition, but I believe it is used for certain types of psoriasis. It lowers the immune system, and as you have mentioned it can cause havoc. It's been a life changing drug for me, but a lower immune system and antibiotics is a problem. I walked around with a painful toothache for 2 weeks because antibiotics didn't work properly for me.
hearts229 h, 44 m ago

VERY different. He never claims to do anything other than work on a do no harm basis eg at worst you're supplementing your body with extra fruit and veg. He has had success when creams etc failed and helped many others too . He never says stop taking medication and that's dietary plans work in conjunction with those not replace. I've had personal benefit in a few different ways and helped reduced daily medication that doctors say is no longer necessary, some still are.

Have a watch of this YouTube documentary, was eye opening for me some of the results and I though why not. Other difference, it's free, yes may sell certain things but unlike fake doctors he gives skin plan, stop smoking etc away for free.

The reason:

33462339-NEPxl.jpg

mrwhitelabel6 h, 18 m ago

VERY different. He never claims to do anything other than work on a do no …VERY different. He never claims to do anything other than work on a do no harm basis eg at worst you're supplementing your body with extra fruit and veg. He has had success when creams etc failed and helped many others too . He never says stop taking medication and that's dietary plans work in conjunction with those not replace. I've had personal benefit in a few different ways and helped reduced daily medication that doctors say is no longer necessary, some still are.Have a watch of this YouTube documentary, was eye opening for me some of the results and I though why not. Other difference, it's free, yes may sell certain things but unlike fake doctors he gives skin plan, stop smoking etc away for free.The reason:[Image] [Video]

Your argument is very flawed though.

Yes, chronic conditions like psoriasis in some people don't respond well to conventional treatments, this can lead to disillusionment and understandably, to the seeking out of alternatives.

However I'd like to first of all quote John Jackson of the Association for Critical Thinking:

The big problem, of course, is that because alternative remedies do little or nothing with regard to curing illness, there is an inherent, major assumption (made clear by the lack of government regulation) that people who use alternative remedies will know when conventional treatment is needed in the case of serious illness: sadly, this however is not always the case.

Relying on alternative treatments is fine as long as the illness is a self-limiting (cures by itself) one; the danger arises when more serious conditions occur. By avoiding proper medical diagnosis and treatment, it is possible that a treatable illness could become more serious, or even fatal.

Allow me to continue.

Some studies have suggested that people with psoriasis may benefit from a diet supplemented with fish oil rich in polyunsaturated fatty acids and a specific omega-3 fatty acid.

However, the results of such studies can't be taken as evidence that the treatment works as these were uncontrolled studies. And as I have mentioned in my previous post, there may be times when psoriasis clears for long spells, so may appear to be working for some. Due to the placebo effect.

I think I can safely say that it is actually impossible to tell how much (if any) of this improvement is due to the effect of the treatment itself.

And are there more serious conditions to be concerned about?

Dietary intervention should be recommended to people with psoriasis though not as you have mentioned though should be recommended as a foundational therapy for reducing cardiovascular risk.

What people may find interesting is that it has also been well-demonstrated that people with psoriasis have a higher prevalence of a presence of one or more additional disease or disorder co-occurring with psoriasis that act to increase the risk of cardiovascular disease. These include obesity, diabetes, hypertension, and dyslipidemia (an abnormal amount of lipids (e.g. triglycerides, cholesterol and/or fat phospholipids) in the blood).

In addition to this, the presence of psoriasis alone may also serve as an independent risk factor for heart attack.

In this case regular exercise and a healthy diet can help to prevent these conditions when considering that people with psoriasis have an increased risk of cardiovascular mortality.

However, while not all studies have confirmed this risk, the evidence is strong enough that patients should be counseled about this association and, more importantly, how to reduce their risk. This includes counseling about cardiovascular risk factors, including those which can be modified through lifestyle changes.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4106357/

So as you can see, it's not just a matter of clearing flaky unsightly patches on the skin, or severe dandruff of the scalp seen in scalp psoriasis. Psoriasis is more than a cosmetic issue. Left untreated, it can lead to serious medical complications.
Edited by: "LemonHead" 18th Mar
OllieSt5 h, 46 m ago

I use Humira for an arthritic condition, but I believe it is used for …I use Humira for an arthritic condition, but I believe it is used for certain types of psoriasis. It lowers the immune system, and as you have mentioned it can cause havoc. It's been a life changing drug for me, but a lower immune system and antibiotics is a problem. I walked around with a painful toothache for 2 weeks because antibiotics didn't work properly for me.

How many antibiotics do you think there are?
LeahsMintytoutou14 h, 53 m ago

I have found that twice over the last couple of years I have had a flu/ …I have found that twice over the last couple of years I have had a flu/ terrible cold (docs said it was flu) And both times my psoriasis has cleared up. I've read other people have reported this has happened which is bizarre because psoriasis normally gets worse when unwell. I've had plenty of normal colds ect since I suddenly developed psoriasis when I was 16, now 32 and the psoriasis gets worse as you would predict. But on 2 occasions over the last few years I've had flu and my psoriasis cleared up (not totally but a great deal). This I believe is down to my immune system being so heavily concentrating on fighting the flu it doesn't fight the blood cells that make the the psoriasis patches worse. Honestly this genuinely has happened twice to me its like a miracle and I wish more reasearch would go into it. Im kind of going on abit here but would be interested to hear if any body else has noticed this happen with them?

Could this just be a coincidence?
LemonHead18 m ago

Could this just be a coincidence?

Absolutely it could. I have never had my psoriasis clear up before when I've had colds before, it gets worse normally. But the 2 times I have had Flu in my life my psoriasis cleared up really well. My psoriasis has been the same for years, but both these times it improved so much I believe it has something to do with it being an auto immune disorder. It could totally be a coincidence but I believe it's not
LemonHead24 m ago

How many antibiotics do you think there are?

I don't think the amount of antibiotics is relevant in my case. Adalimumab and antibiotics work against each other because Adalimumab lowers your immune system. I am meant to cease usage of of Adalimumab when I'm taking any anitbiotics. The trouble is my dosage of Adalimumab is administered once a fortnight so it's potluck on what effect antibiotics will have.

As I said it was a solid 2 weeks on antibiotics for me with a toothache whereas any I was always used to finishing the course of antibiotics because I have been told to rather than thinking like I needed them
OllieSt20 m ago

I don't think the amount of antibiotics is relevant in my case. …I don't think the amount of antibiotics is relevant in my case. Adalimumab and antibiotics work against each other because Adalimumab lowers your immune system. I am meant to cease usage of of Adalimumab when I'm taking any anitbiotics. The trouble is my dosage of Adalimumab is administered once a fortnight so it's potluck on what effect antibiotics will have. As I said it was a solid 2 weeks on antibiotics for me with a toothache whereas any I was always used to finishing the course of antibiotics because I have been told to rather than thinking like I needed them

First of all, sorry for my rather abrupt line of questioning Ollie. I understand what you're saying. You have my sympathies.
mattsk12 h, 13 m ago

This every time .You don't know if you are applying the cream when …This every time .You don't know if you are applying the cream when psoriasis is actually going away .In summary anything with truth or miracle etc in the title is most likely bs

and as Lemonhead mentions later in regard to dietary supplements - there is also the placebo effect

nhs.uk/Liv…spx
Thanks for sharing this. I got it due to stress. Even some of my eyebrow fell out. Since I haven’t been as stressed it’s almost cleared up but I for one appreciate this post, the treatment at the moment for it is pretty much useless so anything different is worth a try for all the suffers out there. It’s a shame that Psoriasis is almost a taboo subject. Thanks again.
batezy_198419 m ago

Thanks for sharing this. I got it due to stress. Even some of my eyebrow …Thanks for sharing this. I got it due to stress. Even some of my eyebrow fell out. Since I haven’t been as stressed it’s almost cleared up but I for one appreciate this post, the treatment at the moment for it is pretty much useless so anything different is worth a try for all the suffers out there. It’s a shame that Psoriasis is almost a taboo subject. Thanks again.

I remember years ago I wasn't very confident and I had to go for an interview and I walked in, signed in and walked back out because I felt everyone was looking at me.. i had a panic attack, couldn't breathe and went to a public toilet to get myself out of the way while I sorted myself out. I went back about an hour later and I sat down with the person doing the interview and I burst into tears. Fortunately it wasn't a job interview . they sat with me and calmed me down and I felt so embarrassed about it. They were saying it's not noticeable but I knew they were just being kind. I'd worked myself up so much because I felt like I had a disfigurement and everyone was looking at me and like everyone saw that when they saw me. It was terrible.

Over the the years I don't know how but I've just accepted it seeing as nothing works. And I've built up confidence. I don't even visit the dermatologist anymore, havnt done for about 5 years. I am thinking lately I should go back and see the specialist as some treatments maybe available that weren't back then.

I work in a shop and now if I see someone I'm serving looking at my elbows im almost tempted to say, "yes it's psoriasis"
It hurts when it's bad on my face though as that is something I can't hide other then makeup which doesn't hide it well really.

People dont don't realise how debilitating and lonely psoriasis can be. There's a lot of people far worse off then me and I think I hide it well considering but it's still upsetting to live with. Affects my day to day life daily as I'm sure it does most people who have it.

Wish there would be more more reasearch into it, really do. I again thank the op for sharing this, anythibgs worth a go right
Edited by: "LeahsMintytoutou" 18th Mar
LeahsMintytoutou20 m ago

I remember years ago I wasn't very confident and I had to go for an …I remember years ago I wasn't very confident and I had to go for an interview and I walked in, signed in and walked back out because I felt everyone was looking at me.. i had a panic attack, couldn't breathe and went to a public toilet to get myself out of the way while I sorted myself out. I went back about an hour later and I sat down with the person doing the interview and I burst into tears. Fortunately it wasn't a job interview . they sat with me and calmed me down and I felt so embarrassed about it. They were saying it's not noticeable but I knew they were just being kind. I'd worked myself up so much because I felt like I had a disfigurement and everyone was looking at me and like everyone saw that when they saw me. It was terrible. Over the the years I don't know how but I've just accepted it seeing as nothing works. And I've built up confidence. I don't even visit the dermatologist anymore, havnt done for about 5 years. I am thinking lately I should go back and see the specialist as some treatments maybe available that weren't back then. I work in a shop and now if I see someone I'm serving looking at my elbows im almost tempted to say, "yes it's psoriasis" It hurts when it's bad on my face though as that is something I can't hide other then makeup which doesn't hide it well really. People dont don't realise how debilitating and lonely psoriasis can be. There's a lot of people far worse off then me and I think I hide it well considering but it's still upsetting to live with. Affects my day to day life daily as I'm sure it does most people who have it. Wish there would be more more reasearch into it, really do. I again thank the op for sharing this, anythibgs worth a go right

I found going to the gym often has really helped me. I bet it’s because my stress levels have decreased
Ohh Jason vale

The hypocrite and idiot....

juicetherapy.co.uk/cancer

Check what he recommends to cut back on
all refined sugar and refined carbohydrates, processed foods, dairy products, red meats and all refined fats

If you call that do not harm and at the same time suggest processing fruit and veg into a juice ... Well jokes in you
mattsk1 h, 0 m ago

Ohh Jason vale The hypocrite and …Ohh Jason vale The hypocrite and idiot....www.juicetherapy.co.uk/cancerCheck what he recommends to cut back on all refined sugar and refined carbohydrates, processed foods, dairy products, red meats and all refined fatsIf you call that do not harm and at the same time suggest processing fruit and veg into a juice ... Well jokes in you

jokes in you... cos you drink it?

down with that guy and his cruelty to fruit and veg
brilly21 m ago

jokes in you... cos you drink it?down with that guy and his cruelty to …jokes in you... cos you drink it?down with that guy and his cruelty to fruit and veg

There is proven science showing that juices are not healthy. Hence why only a 150ml glass a day is recommended by literally every health authority in the world
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants