Forbidden Planet Website has been down for 3 days....

Posted 30th May
Forbidden Planet
I got my previous order from them last week which was a relief as some on their twitter page are wondering if the store is going into admin as you cant afford to stay open without your online business. Fingers crossed as i really liked shopping their from time to time.
Community Updates
Misc
6 Comments
Titan books is also down
It’s a bit worrying isn’t it. If it was just down for maintenance they should have communicated that via their social media accounts. It would be a massive pity if they did go bust, their shops are great places to go and discover new products. I remember visiting their original store when I was about 15 years old and my eyes were wide as saucers seeing all the stuff in there.
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 30th May
Haircut_10030/05/2020 10:21

It’s a bit worrying isn’t it. If it was just down for maintenance they sho …It’s a bit worrying isn’t it. If it was just down for maintenance they should have communicated that via their social media accounts. It would be a massive pity if they did go bust, their shops are great places to go and discover new products. I remember visiting their original store when I was about 15 years old and my eyes were wide as saucers seeing all the stuff in there.

Yeah if there not going bust then they defintely didnt do a good job of communicating the issue. I would be concerned if i was one of those who made a large purchase recently and/or order is still pending or hasnt been delivered.
When a company goes bust, you literally hear about it on the day and from news media as oppossed to internal memo,email ect.
I initially thought the website had finally crumbled under the pressure of increased traffic to the site during lockdown, as it has been seemingly creaking under the strain for a while now. But the fact it has been several days without the company communicating anything about it on platforms like Twitter is a bit of a concern. I have one outstanding order but doesn't look like they've charged for it yet thankfully and it isn't a large amount anyway. They should really be sending an update out on social media - I'm sure enough people have been asking what's happening.
Recently placed an order for a book from a deal posted here. Recently arrived this week but took some time as I'd even forgotten about it! So glad it has arrived.
They have now posted on Twitter acknowledging the issue and also announcing that some of their stores will be reopening again very soon which is promising.

40924594-2rt8l.jpg

40924594-YRkKG.jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text