Expired

Ford Focus 98-2004 Traction Control help

Found 16th Sep 2011
Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone could please confirm whether I need the traction control button pressed in/ with light lit on dash for traction control to be working or if it is the opposite and that means you have turned it off when it is all lit up? if you understand wwhat I am trying to say.

Thanks
Community Updates
MiscGaming ControllerFord
10 Comments
If the light is on, on the dash then that is warning you it is switched off.
Derby_Lad

If the light is on, on the dash then that is warning you it is switched … If the light is on, on the dash then that is warning you it is switched off.

Really? You learn something new every day! (I'm not doubting you BTW) I would have assumed (wrongly) that turning something on switches a light on like with appliances.

Surely a better indicator would be a two tone indicator light, red for off green for on? Be so much clearer for us simple folk.
Derby_Lad

If the light is on, on the dash then that is warning you it is switched … If the light is on, on the dash then that is warning you it is switched off.

Yes thanks for this. Just confused me when someone told me as when you turn you lights on it lights up on the dash too and same with handbrake etc so I thought it would be the same to be honest. Any link to where you found that out at all? Thanks
It's a warning light not an operational light, warning lights only come on when you need to be warned like your hand brake or engine management light.
Edited by: "greg_68" 16th Sep 2011
greg_68

It's a warning light not an operational light, warning lights only come … It's a warning light not an operational light, warning lights only come on when you need to be warned like your hand brake or engine management light.

ok cheers for clearing that up. Will keep it off in future. Many thanks again
You have to set it to off every time you start the car anyway so would become tiresome to keep turning it off, which is what they want I suppose.
University of life dude.

Think about abs, that light will only come on if there's a problem won't it.

As tc is a 'driver aid' or safety feature, you don't need to know when its active just when its not there. That's the mentality.

Easy to test if you're not sure. Switch it so the light is on, want til its wet and do a full throttle start. If your wheels (or wheel if you have no limited slip diff) spin, then its off.

I'm sure your manual would cover this if you have it
Derby_Lad

University of life dude.Think about abs, that light will only come on if … University of life dude.Think about abs, that light will only come on if there's a problem won't it.As tc is a 'driver aid' or safety feature, you don't need to know when its active just when its not there. That's the mentality. Easy to test if you're not sure. Switch it so the light is on, want til its wet and do a full throttle start. If your wheels (or wheel if you have no limited slip diff) spin, then its off. I'm sure your manual would cover this if you have it

I have not driven for about 10 years so like I said you learn something new everyday. Life is a constant school and broadening knowledge is what its all about for me.
Don't bother, if you need traction control you obviously can't drive properly, lol.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions