Expired

Ford Focus boot problems

Found 5th Feb 2013
So basically my focus is acting up, i can only open the boot manually using the key (bit of a pain when im weighed down with bags) the button on my fob inst doing anything nor is "open boot" button on the dash. I took it to a local garage who wants £130 to change the lock but i reckon its maby a fuse issue? anybody have any experience with this issue?
Community Updates
AskFordMovie & Series
17 Comments
I doubt it is the lock rather the mechanism that pulls the catch open, possibly a simple job, check a Haynes manual for details. PS Haynes would also show you the fuse details. SO perhaps worth glancing at in Halfords.
Edited by: "IamMT" 5th Feb 2013
Just try a new fuse oO
csiman

Just try a new fuse oO

when it comes to cars im a complete novice, havnt got a clue where the fuses are located
Adam1990

when it comes to cars im a complete novice, havnt got a clue where the … when it comes to cars im a complete novice, havnt got a clue where the fuses are located

Rtfm
csiman

Rtfm

read the manual ok.. if i even have one
http://www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=250393

or ask here
focusowners.com/hom…081
I had a similar issue on my 55 plate mk2 focus. Except i could open it from the key but not from the switch.

It turned out that water had got into the switch and corroded it, was a simple and quite cheap fix. Its easy to do as well.
118luke

I had a similar issue on my 55 plate mk2 focus. Except i could open it … I had a similar issue on my 55 plate mk2 focus. Except i could open it from the key but not from the switch.It turned out that water had got into the switch and corroded it, was a simple and quite cheap fix. Its easy to do as well.

I doubt both have failed at the same time oO
solenoid gone faulty ?
From what I read the fuse works the central locking and boot, so if that had gone my doors wouldn't open either. Anybody know about this?
Start saving for a new lock solenoid
Mine did same and it was a broken wire. Inside top off boot inside the rubber duct.
Oh no not the dodgy broken wire between boot and main body
You can check this by removing the rubber back and looking for a dodgy wire normally by gently flexing eack one if its broken you can feel the give as only the insulation is holding it together
Good Luck

(_;)
Both of mine never liked me using the button on the dash, but never bothered to fix I as the key has Been fine, Interested to see how you fix it though
If there is power getting to the boot lock solenoid, then the solenoid is faulty. If there is no power, it is probably a broken wire as suggested by BigDaveuk. It won't be the fuse unless you have other components not working.
thanks for your replys people, ill have a better look tomorrow and report my findings
I Have same sort of problem. I was changing my stero in my focus it blown a fuse. But now the boot won't open with the button in the car or the key. I Have blue lights that use to go off when the doors was closed. Now because the fuse went it only goes out now when u lock the door I'm a bit confused Can any one help???
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants