Expired

Ford Focus boot problems

Found 5th Feb 2013
So basically my focus is acting up, i can only open the boot manually using the key (bit of a pain when im weighed down with bags) the button on my fob inst doing anything nor is "open boot" button on the dash. I took it to a local garage who wants £130 to change the lock but i reckon its maby a fuse issue? anybody have any experience with this issue?

1. Ask
  2. Ford
  3. Movie
16 Comments

I doubt it is the lock rather the mechanism that pulls the catch open, possibly a simple job, check a Haynes manual for details. PS Haynes would also show you the fuse details. SO perhaps worth glancing at in Halfords.
Edited by: "IamMT" 5th Feb 2013

Banned

Just try a new fuse oO

Original Poster

csiman

Just try a new fuse oO

when it comes to cars im a complete novice, havnt got a clue where the fuses are located

Banned

Adam1990

when it comes to cars im a complete novice, havnt got a clue where the … when it comes to cars im a complete novice, havnt got a clue where the fuses are located

Rtfm

Original Poster

csiman

Rtfm

read the manual ok.. if i even have one

http://www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=250393

or ask here
focusowners.com/hom…081

I had a similar issue on my 55 plate mk2 focus. Except i could open it from the key but not from the switch.

It turned out that water had got into the switch and corroded it, was a simple and quite cheap fix. Its easy to do as well.

Banned

118luke

I had a similar issue on my 55 plate mk2 focus. Except i could open it … I had a similar issue on my 55 plate mk2 focus. Except i could open it from the key but not from the switch.It turned out that water had got into the switch and corroded it, was a simple and quite cheap fix. Its easy to do as well.

I doubt both have failed at the same time oO

solenoid gone faulty ?

Original Poster

From what I read the fuse works the central locking and boot, so if that had gone my doors wouldn't open either. Anybody know about this?

Start saving for a new lock solenoid

Mine did same and it was a broken wire. Inside top off boot inside the rubber duct.

Oh no not the dodgy broken wire between boot and main body
You can check this by removing the rubber back and looking for a dodgy wire normally by gently flexing eack one if its broken you can feel the give as only the insulation is holding it together
Good Luck

(_;)

Both of mine never liked me using the button on the dash, but never bothered to fix I as the key has Been fine, Interested to see how you fix it though

If there is power getting to the boot lock solenoid, then the solenoid is faulty. If there is no power, it is probably a broken wire as suggested by BigDaveuk. It won't be the fuse unless you have other components not working.

Original Poster

thanks for your replys people, ill have a better look tomorrow and report my findings
Post a comment
@
    Text