Groups

Ford Ka Service FORD VALUE SERVICE £99

Bought a used car P reg ford KA, it hasnt had a service since 2005 so need to book it in for one, have seen this on the Ford website, is it any good?

ford.co.uk/Own…ice

7 Comments

I'd double check wether your getting at least an oil & filter change,I would imagine all you will get is the usual Ford check list, as i cant see anything about changing the oil & filter all I'm reading is

The Ford Value Service includes checks on:
    •Handbrake
    •Clutch
    •Windscreen
    •Washers, wipers
    •Exterior lights and fascia illumination
    •Instrument gauges, warning lights and horn
    •Heating system, blower motor
    •Air conditioning
    •Seat belts
    •Bonnet catch
    •Wiring, pipes, hoses, oil and fuel pipes
    •Engine, vacuum pump and cooling system
    •Coolant expansion tank, windscreen washer, power steering and brake fluid reservoirs
    •Coolant
    •Auxiliary Drive Belts
    •Battery
    •Automatic transmission
    •Steering, suspension linkages, ball joints, driveshafts, gaiters
    •Front and rear wheel bearings
    •Engine and transmission
    •Exhaust
    •Underbody
    •Braking system
    •Tyres including spare wheel
    •Wheel nuts
    •Air Filter
    •Oil & oil filter

Dont waste your cash on that, the title of the product is the biggest give away -

A host of checks for just £99

On a car that age, you will be best buying the parts your self from your local trade counter, (where do you live?)

You will be able to get an oil, air, pollen filters (if fitted) and oil for less than £30.. -- or go to a local indi garage and get them to do it for you. - Expect to pay around £100.

Rick

check out this website, i found a very good garage using it.
    goodgaragescheme.co.uk/

Original Poster

I live in north London. Will look at getting the parts. Is it better to buy parts and then take to a garage to do work?

tovi;8889107

check out this website, i found a very good garage using … check out this website, i found a very good garage using it.http://www.goodgaragescheme.co.uk/

lol, clicked that link as well, dunno why :thinking: as we are members of the Good Garage Scheme.

ROBMCDOUGAL90;8889688

I live in north London. Will look at getting the parts. Is it better to … I live in north London. Will look at getting the parts. Is it better to buy parts and then take to a garage to do work?

yes, but check with the garage first that they are happy for you to do this.

richp;8894991

yes, but check with the garage first that they are happy for you to do … yes, but check with the garage first that they are happy for you to do this.

Or contact the garage just for them to supply the parts, if they know you know the costs of the parts you may get a better deal

Rick
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …66114
      2. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48410865
      3. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.2643
      4. Anyone else find Playerunknown super addictive but soooo frustrating33

See more discussions