Groups

Ford transit, reversing lights suddenly stopped working, swapped bulbs with brake lights, bulbs ok, checked fuse, thats ok, what else

hi both reversing light bulbs have stopped working as i said have checked bulbs and fuse they are both fine, so what else if left, any ideas please?

8 Comments

When I had this problem on a Vauxhall Corsa, someone told me about the reverse light switch, which was a small plug thing screwed directly into the gearbox, with two wires leading to it. I replaced it for about £7 and that solved the problem. Your transit got anything like that?

meandog101;5221074

When I had this problem on a Vauxhall Corsa, someone told me about the … When I had this problem on a Vauxhall Corsa, someone told me about the reverse light switch, which was a small plug thing screwed directly into the gearbox, with two wires leading to it. I replaced it for about £7 and that solved the problem. Your transit got anything like that?

I'll go with that. Pull the plug off, turn the ignition to pos II and bridge the plug and the lights should come on or get a multimeter, put the van in reverse and check the resistance at the switch. It should read 0 (ish) if the switch is good.

What year van/engine size?

meandog101;5221074

When I had this problem on a Vauxhall Corsa, someone told me about the … When I had this problem on a Vauxhall Corsa, someone told me about the reverse light switch, which was a small plug thing screwed directly into the gearbox, with two wires leading to it. I replaced it for about £7 and that solved the problem. Your transit got anything like that?

I agree, or a wire has come off of the switch.

garbage456;5221418

where do i access this switch from inside the vehicle or underneath?

Underneath, I 'think' it's on the drivers side of the gearbox about halfway along. Seems that way from the schematic I just looked at. Assuming I was looking at the right box as there's 3 listed..... If you've got the vin number handy I can send you the pic.

My reversing lights have stope working changed both bolbs and still nothing can some one help me

tkbdrew

My reversing lights have stope working changed both bolbs and still … My reversing lights have stope working changed both bolbs and still nothing can some one help me

Start a new thread, this one is 4+ years old.

Give more info.

Post in the " Ask " section.

tkbdrew

My reversing lights have stope working changed both bolbs and still … My reversing lights have stope working changed both bolbs and still nothing can some one help me

Have you checked the fuse? If so try the above regarding the switch, all cars (with reverse) have them.
    If not that then its likely to be the nut between the steering wheel and seat.

tkbdrew

What are 'bolbs'?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1630
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …2441
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread415514092
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764474

See more discussions