Fore rib of beef

Found 21st Dec 2017
Bought a two bone fore rib of beef today from the butchers for Xmas Day. It’s not vacuum sealed.

I stupidly forgot to ask the butcher whether it will last until Monday in the fridge.

Thoughts anyone?
Community Updates
AskGroceries
11 Comments
Of course it will . Just put it in a poly bag / clingfilm on a plate/dish to stop it bleeding all over your fridge.
Edited by: "rogparki" 21st Dec 2017
I'd eat it on Monday.
I would put it in the freezer, then defrost it the day before you cook it. I find meat that gets frozen this way taste no different to them being cooked after purchase. Completely taste of course if you buy frozen meat, which doesnt taste as good as fresh meat
rogparki10 m ago

Of course it will . Just put it in a poly bag / clingfilm on a plate/dish …Of course it will . Just put it in a poly bag / clingfilm on a plate/dish to stop it bleeding all over your fridge.

I’ve not taken it out the bag, so am guessing I’ll be ok.

Having spent a small fortune on it (by my standards) I was worried it could ruin
mutley13 m ago

I would put it in the freezer, then defrost it the day before you cook it. …I would put it in the freezer, then defrost it the day before you cook it. I find meat that gets frozen this way taste no different to them being cooked after purchase. Completely taste of course if you buy frozen meat, which doesnt taste as good as fresh meat

Not sure we’ve got the space in the freezer for this
gingerwarrior132 m ago

I’ve not taken it out the bag, so am guessing I’ll be ok. Having spent a sm …I’ve not taken it out the bag, so am guessing I’ll be ok. Having spent a small fortune on it (by my standards) I was worried it could ruin

Posh beef is aged for 30 days , so a few days in the fridge may actually make it better .
Edited by: "rogparki" 21st Dec 2017
If you're going to marinade it, add it now, and stick it in the freezer.
deleted568030
I'd take it out of the bag if it's plastic, wrap it in greaseproof paper and then cling film. It will be fine until next week.
gingerwarrior134 m ago

Not sure we’ve got the space in the freezer for this

I dont like the taste of fresh meat if it has been in the fridge for more than a day or two, so i always put it in the freezer as it still tastes nice when i defrost it.

We have a big freezer and i had to re-arrange it yesterday when i had to find room for the huge turkey i bought which wont be cooked until christmas
No - it'll go off - just to be safe, you need to courier to me and we'll taste test it for you. Sound good?
It will be fine, i would remove it from the plastic bag though and leave it in the fridge, don't put it in the freezer though, you will ruin it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants