Groups

Foreign Currency - what to do?

Hi
    Just asking for a bit of advice. I'm currently in Morocco need to get more currency. What is the best option for getting currency?
    I have a Halifax debit card and Amex platinum credit card with me.
    Imy not sure if there is a way to withdraw sterling and then buy the currency?
    Thanks in advance

8 Comments

Draw money using Debit card from some international Bank ATM.Your bank may charge some fee for the service.Depending on the bank you use to draw money either you will get local currency directly or you may get £.Exchange from some local money changer the local money.
    Edited by: "SAM_Londn" 23rd Dec 2016

Best to tell your card suppliers to tell them where you are before you withdraw otherwise they with stop your card withdrawal.

halifax.co.uk/tra…ad/

You can just use your debit card in atm to withdraw currency but you will get a charge.

Original Poster

noddle36

Best to tell your card suppliers to tell them where you are before you … Best to tell your card suppliers to tell them where you are before you withdraw otherwise they with stop your card withdrawal. https://www.halifax.co.uk/travel/help-guidance/using-debit-credit-cards-abroad/

Yep have informed them earlier today thanks

Is my answer wrong because I have a minus and was just wondering whats the reason is for that? Thanks

Original Poster

noddle36

Best to tell your card suppliers to tell them where you are before you … Best to tell your card suppliers to tell them where you are before you withdraw otherwise they with stop your card withdrawal. https://www.halifax.co.uk/travel/help-guidance/using-debit-credit-cards-abroad/

Yep have informed them earlier today thanks
    SAM_Londn

Draw money using Debit card from some international Bank ATM.Your bank … Draw money using Debit card from some international Bank ATM.Your bank may charge some fee for the service.Depending on the bank you use to draw money either you will get local currency directly or you may get £.Exchange from some local money changer the local money.

Thanks, will try withdraw some £

if you withdraw £ from a different countries atm you will be charged a conversion rate, always withdraw in their own currency, same if you are paying for items on your card and they give you the choice of what currency to pay in always pay in their currency

Original Poster

toristyle

if you withdraw £ from a different countries atm you will be charged a … if you withdraw £ from a different countries atm you will be charged a conversion rate, always withdraw in their own currency, same if you are paying for items on your card and they give you the choice of what currency to pay in always pay in their currency

Hi
    In the end I used my Halifax debit card to withdraw the countries currency. The rate was fairly decent. Thanks
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Family Spotify account11
      2. Legal advice22
      3. Washer Dryer44
      4. Samsung Galaxy S655

See more discussions