Expired

Foreign newspapers (esp. Spanish)

8 replies
Found 6th Feb 2009
Does anyone know of any websites where you can purchase copies of foreign newspapers - Spanish ones to be exact. It has to be the actual newspaper and not an online version.

I thought this would be a relatively easy thing to find but I'm not having any luck.

7 Comments

WH Smith used to sell foreign newspapers, probably the larger branches. If not, try the branches at the Airports.

Original Poster

Kind of hard to get to an airport but I shall certainly try WH Smith, thanks.

Being lazy though I'm hoping someone knows of a website!

Original Poster

Is the cheapest really £94?!

This could turn out to be the most expensive way of drying my shoes ever...

Banned

Any WHSmith branch will order in a newspaper at your request. Behind the till they hold a catalogue of all current, available publications and can order them in at no xtra cost-you just pay for the paper on ordering and collect it on its arrival.

Can you tell I used to work there?

Original Poster

ljfx;4302580

I know Borders in Oxford St in London sells newspapers from round the … I know Borders in Oxford St in London sells newspapers from round the world

I live in Manchester so that's a little far for me, thanks though.

uni_student;4302817

Any WHSmith branch will order in a newspaper at your request. Behind the … Any WHSmith branch will order in a newspaper at your request. Behind the till they hold a catalogue of all current, available publications and can order them in at no xtra cost-you just pay for the paper on ordering and collect it on its arrival.Can you tell I used to work there?

That's brilliant, I shall do that tomorrow. Providing they still do this then you've just got me out of the doghouse, so thanks.

Any idea how long they take to come after you order one?

Banned

dean_brfc;4302874

I live in Manchester so that's a little far for me, thanks though.That's … I live in Manchester so that's a little far for me, thanks though.That's brilliant, I shall do that tomorrow. Providing they still do this then you've just got me out of the doghouse, so thanks.Any idea how long they take to come after you order one?

It varies on what publication you've requested and whether its a daily or weekly paper etc. Can also order back issues this way.

I would suggest giving them a ring as they can help on the phone, and in my case I worked in a branch where the 'magazine ladies' worked mon-fri, Sat and sun were weekend staff and we left notes in the diary for the 'mags ladies' when given an enquiry.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Driving anxiety.2841
    2. Incorrect Amazon refunds - how can I make sure they don't owe me any more m…821
    3. Sonos Amazon Echo discount code beg thread23
    4. Wanted: Sweet Sundays code (5 points) please!!22

See more discussions