Posted 18 September 2016

Forgot amazon account and charged for prime

I made a new account for a prime trial last month but cannot remember the account details. Email etc... just saw a 7.99 charge to my card. anyone know how to go about stopping the prime membership?
Community Updates
New Comment

32 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    SPIZER_004/08/2019 22:58

I'm in the same situation too. When you cancelled your card , did you get …I'm in the same situation too. When you cancelled your card , did you get the money back?

If OP can't remember account details from previous month it is unlikely OP can remember outcome of refund attempt 10months ago.
    raverdave2k04/08/2019 23:34

Do people really go through the trouble of creating new Amazon accounts …Do people really go through the trouble of creating new Amazon accounts every month just to take advantage of the free Prime? Already seems a waste of time right off the bat, if you then throw in the forgetting your login info and having to cancel a card, which then means being without a means of paying for things with and then having to enter the new card details with every company you use, it really, really doesn't seem worth the bother.Either you order on Amazon enough for it to be worth paying for a prime subscription or just pay the odd delivery fee.

Or go to the trouble of creating an account here in the time it would take to contact amazon
    Jump on to live chat, confirm your address. Should be easy
    Or just cancel your card
    Go on Live Chat. As long as you haven't used the Prime service since being charged they will probably refund you.
    Author
    Hm gave them a call and they can't do anything. .. I don't have my email I signed up with so they can't do anything
    So when you say a 'new account' have you never used Amazon before?
    Author
    ipswich78

So when you say a 'new account' have you never used Amazon before?

i have used amazon before
    podface1

i have used amazon before

So why a new account? Why didn't you use your existing one for the Prime trial?
    Author
    Well called again and they said the search criteria they have is an email or phone number... and since I can't provide them I'll have to go through my bank
    Log on to Amazon and cancel it in the My Account section. You won't get your first months fee back this way but you won't be charged any further.
    momartin

Log on to Amazon and cancel it in the My Account section. You won't get … Log on to Amazon and cancel it in the My Account section. You won't get your first months fee back this way but you won't be charged any further.

How can he log on if he can't remember any of his details, including his email address?
    momartin

Log on to Amazon and cancel it in the My Account section. You won't get … Log on to Amazon and cancel it in the My Account section. You won't get your first months fee back this way but you won't be charged any further.

From op: but cannot remember the account details. Email etc
    ipswich78

So why a new account? Why didn't you use your existing one for the Prime … So why a new account? Why didn't you use your existing one for the Prime trial?

New account = new prime trial

rinse and repeat.
    Not sure why my comment was voted down when it's really the only way for them not to charge him
    I evidently didn't read the op properly, sorry for offending people!
    There's probably not much you can do if you don't have the account details. You'll have to contact your bank to have the DD stopped but this could incur charges if Amazon try to take it next month.
    OP just cancel your card (I'm pretty sure they'd take the £7.99 off your card, not by DD) then sign up for another account and remember your details When you take the Prime Trial you can go to your account and cancel it straight away. You'll still have it for the month and you won't be charged at the end of it.
    People are taking the pi** by down voting me but I know I'm right. Nobody but me has given you the right advice :P
    Author
    They told me I'd I go through the bank and get a refund it'll automatically cancel my membership on amazon's end so will have to pop in tmoz
    Search your emails as Amazon would have sent you one to verify your new account.
    Search for the day you opened it.
    waynester21

OP just cancel your card (I'm pretty sure they'd take the £7.99 off your … OP just cancel your card (I'm pretty sure they'd take the £7.99 off your card, not by DD) then sign up for another account and remember your details When you take the Prime Trial you can go to your account and cancel it straight away. You'll still have it for the month and you won't be charged at the end of it.People are taking the pi** by down voting me but I know I'm right. Nobody but me has given you the right advice :P

I think you'll find people are down voting you because of your dishonesty.
    Dishonesty? He can't remember his details therefore he can't log in to cancel Prime. If he can't log in he can't use it so he's paying £7.99 a month for nothing. If he cancels his card Amazon aren't losing out and neither is he. He isn't using Prime, just paying for it. This lot must be thick or something if they can't see that.
    The funny thing with this one is you have to go into it and chose the monthly option or it would have been the full £79 they took. Next time when you go into cancel make sure you do
    Did you ever find a solution, I'm in the same boat now
    Author
    deleted208169128/10/2018 02:44

Did you ever find a solution, I'm in the same boat now

I just cancelled my card with the bank
    I'm in the same situation too. When you cancelled your card , did you get the money back?
    Do people really go through the trouble of creating new Amazon accounts every month just to take advantage of the free Prime?

Already seems a waste of time right off the bat, if you then throw in the forgetting your login info and having to cancel a card, which then means being without a means of paying for things with and then having to enter the new card details with every company you use, it really, really doesn't seem worth the bother.

Either you order on Amazon enough for it to be worth paying for a prime subscription or just pay the odd delivery fee. (edited)
    raverdave2k04/08/2019 23:34

Do people really go through the trouble of creating new Amazon accounts …Do people really go through the trouble of creating new Amazon accounts every month just to take advantage of the free Prime? Seems a waste of time, if you then throw in the forgetting your login info and having to cancel a card, which then means being without a means of paying for things with and then having to enter the new card details with every company you use, it really, really doesn't seem worth the bother.Either you order on Amazon enough for it to be worth paying for a prime subscription or just pay the odd delivery fee.

Or go the cheapie Student Prime route and benefit from all the other discounts enjoyed by the student cardholder as well.
    AndyRoyd04/08/2019 23:25

If OP can't remember account details from previous month it is unlikely OP …If OP can't remember account details from previous month it is unlikely OP can remember outcome of refund attempt 10months ago.

*36 months
    SPIZER_004/08/2019 22:58

I'm in the same situation too. When you cancelled your card , did you get …I'm in the same situation too. When you cancelled your card , did you get the money back?

AndyRoyd04/08/2019 23:25

If OP can't remember account details from previous month it is unlikely OP …If OP can't remember account details from previous month it is unlikely OP can remember outcome of refund attempt 10months ago.

arjanvirdi05/08/2019 00:05

*36 months

Good spot. I was looking at OPs most recent thread post, not the date of original forgetfulness !
    Did that myself, cancel at the bank and stop any future payments to amazon, I used a visa card and asked for a refund as I said it was an unauthorised payment and got it back think it was called a visa disputed payment form (edited)
    so still no better way to do this...?
    deleted241237116/12/2019 15:08

so still no better way to do this...?

I called them two times for this issue, none of them could help looks like closing the account is the only way
's avatar