Forgot to put packing slip in Amazon Return

Posted 12th Jan
I was stupid and forgot to put the packing slip (consisting of a barcode that the return people scan to refund me) inside a package I returned to Amazon. I used my own postage method as they did not provide a label for me. Therefore the tracking code is not assigned to my account/order.

I have contacted Amazon and they said "Everything will be fine you will get a refund" which I just cannot believe as they are not going to know who the package came from...?

Anyone else with same issue/ any ideas?
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
They will not know it’s from you but when you complain after not receiving refund they will refund you.
Maybe if the product is reasonably unique Amazon may have a system where an unlabelled return may be guesstifiable within the unidentified returns pile?
AndyRoyd12/01/2020 12:44

Maybe if the product is reasonably unique Amazon may have a system where …Maybe if the product is reasonably unique Amazon may have a system where an unlabelled return may be guesstifiable within the unidentified returns pile?

Ah I see. They are AirPods Pro so probably returned fairly often. Maybe they keep the Serial Numbers...
ac1037212/01/2020 12:51

Ah I see. They are AirPods Pro so probably returned fairly often. Maybe …Ah I see. They are AirPods Pro so probably returned fairly often. Maybe they keep the Serial Numbers...

Surely not a veiled suggestion that Airpods Pro are rubbish...
AndyRoyd12/01/2020 12:55

Surely not a veiled suggestion that Airpods Pro are rubbish...

No they are really good actually.
ac1037212/01/2020 12:56

No they are really good actually.

Let's not go there... Anyways, did you tell the chat jockey your package's tracking ref? A capable chat rep may allocate your tracking ref to the applicable Amazon return with some covering notes to assist the returns team.
Ive done the same, didnt get a refund automatically but once i spoke to livechat they was quick to sort it out once they spoken to the warehouse. Im sure it will be fine.
AndyRoyd12/01/2020 13:02

Let's not go there... Anyways, did you tell the chat jockey your package's …Let's not go there... Anyways, did you tell the chat jockey your package's tracking ref? A capable chat rep may allocate your tracking ref to the applicable Amazon return with some covering notes to assist the returns team.

Yes, that's exactly what I told him to do. He said he added the reference to my returns notes, but still I'm not sure where the connection between my returned box and my account will be made.
Yeah they will find it, they have tons of returns so once they put those through your one should be left standing out. May take some time as there maybe a ton of these unknown returns but be patient.
ac1037212/01/2020 13:09

Yes, that's exactly what I told him to do. He said he added the reference …Yes, that's exactly what I told him to do. He said he added the reference to my returns notes, but still I'm not sure where the connection between my returned box and my account will be made.

When the returns team open the box and cannot locate the return slip, the obvious next recourse is to check outside of packaging for any Amazon / 3rd party refs. This assumes any external labels are not destroyed in unboxing but vague recollection that historic post on this or other forum by one of the former returns team employees mentioned that their training included not to unneccessarily damage packaging and labels during unboxing; not necessarily to assist package ID but to reduce damaged-on-receipt-by-Amazon rather than damage-in-transit claims.
AndyRoyd12/01/2020 13:36

When the returns team open the box and cannot locate the return slip, the …When the returns team open the box and cannot locate the return slip, the obvious next recourse is to check outside of packaging for any Amazon / 3rd party refs. This assumes any external labels are not destroyed in unboxing but vague recollection that historic post on this or other forum by one of the former returns team employees mentioned that their training included not to unneccessarily damage packaging and labels during unboxing; not necessarily to assist package ID but to reduce damaged-on-receipt-by-Amazon rather than damage-in-transit claims.

Ah. I have my return address on the package. Hopefully, fingers crossed they see that.
Dylan_Smith13512/01/2020 16:18

Comment deleted

Read the OP's post regarding how he returned the item!

Quote: I used my own postage method as they did not provide a label for me. Therefore the tracking code is not assigned to my account/order
Edited by: "JimboParrot" 12th Jan
ac1037212/01/2020 13:38

Ah. I have my return address on the package. Hopefully, fingers crossed …Ah. I have my return address on the package. Hopefully, fingers crossed they see that.

Should be fine then
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions