Groups
    EXPIRED

Foriegn currency exhanges (preferrably not online)

Hi, I'm off to Egpyt soon and am looking to exchange GBP into Egyptian pounds. From what I have heard it's best to convert most of the money once in egpyt as the FX rate is better out there, but I will still need to get some Egyptian pounds before I go.

Does anyone know the best place to go to get this done? I have googled for a comparison site that shows the best FX rates on the high street but i keep getting directed to obscure sites that I wouldnt trust!

Anyone have any suggestions for whwere to go or have an idea of somewhere that might have a better rate than most others? So far Tesco has the best rate EG£9.1266 / £1 but it seems as though I am spending an worryinglot of money (on non food items) in tesco these days!! I feel like i'm helping their campaign for total domination of the UK retail market!

4 Comments

always thought the post office was the best place to go. unsure of any exchange rate though!

I find either the Post Office or M&S the best places.
    Online it says PO is 9.0227 to £ and M&S is 9.021.
    Both are commission free.

Is it worth checking Money Supermarket or some other comparison site?

Just use post office/bank that is most convenient. Unless you are changing thousands it's not worth shopping around.

as been said before Marks & Spencer
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!1314
      2. I've just had a flame deer pop up on my page , I'm confused77
      3. What kind of workstation desk should I buy for my office / music room ?47
      4. Confused over mobile phones from China?11

See more discussions