Formal wear in Belfast? Or a dressmaker?

Found 16th Jan 2008
I need 2 bridesmaid dresses and am horrified at the prices! Is there anywhere in Belfast that does formal dresses that might do the job? I really resent paying more for my BM dresses than I will be paying for my own!

Or if anyone knows of a reasonably priced dressmaker in the Belfast area, that would be great too.

11 Comments

have you tried monsoon? they are on line too

Original Poster

I did try Monsoon, they don't really have what I'm looking for though. Thanks anyway

Try TK Maxx, take a tour about a few of their stores.

My sister got her bridesmaid dresses there for £40 each

Try the Debenhams sale, they have formal dresses and a lot of them are specifically geared up for weddings. I'd also suggest ebay. Anyone selling bridesmaid dresses usually give great size information and you know that even though they've been used it's usually only been for a few hours on one day. I bought mine for a few hundred each and sold for about £45 each online.

Have You Thought About Hiring Instead Of Buying. My Daughter Did This And The Dresses Were Lovely. There Is A Charity Shop In Newtownards That Sells Lots Of Bridal Wear, It Is Opposite Wardens And I Think It Is The Action Cancer Shop. You Would Be Giving To A Good Cause Too. Hope This Is Of Help To You And Have A Lovely Wedding Day.

i actually found ballymena to be better for hiring than belfast.

Theres a shop on the edge of belfast town that i think does hire i will need to check it out

Original Poster

Found the ideal dresses on Direct dresses, thandks a million

I had thought' about hiring but it's not really that much cheaper than buying. The second hand shop wouldn't be an option as there is little chance of me getting dresses I like which are identical and will fit both my bms - one is 5'3" and the other is 5'9"

Original Poster

Leila70;1463561

Try the Debenhams sale, they have formal dresses and a lot of them are … Try the Debenhams sale, they have formal dresses and a lot of them are specifically geared up for weddings. I'd also suggest ebay. Anyone selling bridesmaid dresses usually give great size information and you know that even though they've been used it's usually only been for a few hours on one day. I bought mine for a few hundred each and sold for about £45 each online.

Debenhams have told me they're not doing bridal wear in Belfast any more!! And again the problem with second hand is buying 2 identical dresses, but ty anyway

Original Poster

emmajk42;1463303

Try TK Maxx, take a tour about a few of their stores. My sister got her … Try TK Maxx, take a tour about a few of their stores. My sister got her bridesmaid dresses there for £40 each

Tried TK on Sunday but no bridal wear at all, ty anyway.

Rep given to all, thanks

tessb;1491689

Tried TK on Sunday but no bridal wear at all, ty anyway.Rep given to all, … Tried TK on Sunday but no bridal wear at all, ty anyway.Rep given to all, thanks

Aw that's a shame. Sometimes they have different stock in different branches though - I think the boucher road one is pretty good.
Post a comment
@
    Text