Groups

formating an Ipod

Does anyone know how to format an apple ipod mini 4gb?

15 Comments

think holding middle and top buttons in for 5 secs resets it.

Original Poster

Nope that didnt work

oops, think the lock has to be on at the same time

Original Poster

that justresets it, it doesnt format.

even the ipod site doesnt have formating the ipod

Cant you do via itunes ?

May be thats resetting :roll:

I reformatted it using my Windows XP laptop by plugging it into my USB port and--without opening iTunes--scrolled down the drives shown in Windows Explorer. I found my iPod displayed, right-clicked on it, clicked Format, and that did the job. I also reformatted my iPod using a command available in XPlay, an add-on Explorer-like program from Media Four. That worked too. I've talked with others who have used the iPod updater "Restore" option. That also scrubs all data from the iPod and reformats its hard drive.

Pasted from another site

Original Poster

is that just for asking a question Edi ?

ill do that then, it doesnt seem to tell you how to format it on the itunes site thats installed on my comp now...

does anyone think that site isnt user friendly enough??

Original Poster

mrtootough

I reformatted it using my Windows XP laptop by plugging it into my USB … I reformatted it using my Windows XP laptop by plugging it into my USB port and--without opening iTunes--scrolled down the drives shown in Windows Explorer. I found my iPod displayed, right-clicked on it, clicked Format, and that did the job. I also reformatted my iPod using a command available in XPlay, an add-on Explorer-like program from Media Four. That worked too. I've talked with others who have used the iPod updater "Restore" option. That also scrubs all data from the iPod and reformats its hard drive. Pasted from another site

i cant see where to go ? iv looked in some folders but cant find it

god im stressing out maximum like,...got thousands of things to do and this is by far the least important

when you plug it in, xp should create a new drive in below c drive somewhere
    yes/no ?

Sorry to steal the thread, but is it possible to take songs FROM the ipod and put them on to your computer?

Had to restore my laptop to factory settings and therefore lost itunes and all the songs I had on there. If I try to add anything to the ipod I am thinking the rest of the songs will be wiped?

Original Poster

mrtootough

when you plug it in, xp should create a new drive in below c drive … when you plug it in, xp should create a new drive in below c drive somewhereyes/no ?

errrrrr where? lol

unplug USB, plug in again, on left pane of windows explorer a new drive letter appears with "Saxos Ipod" or similar. Right click to get format option.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764458
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …1422
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846250
      4. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48310863

See more discussions