Groups

formatting a wii

If i format the wii will it wipe out all the firmware updates and go back to the original firmware and still be able to play genuine games??

My friend son had updated it to firmware 4.3 we managed to downgrade it back to 4.2 but it still wont work. after spending 4 hours trawling the net , some say yes a format will go back to factory settings and other say no it wont
    help guys PLEASE!

6 Comments

Original Poster

dcx_badass

No, a format will just erase data and keep it at the same firmware … No, a format will just erase data and keep it at the same firmware version.

ok thanks

Format a Wii.
    It doesn't have a hard drive.

It's not advisable to downgrade to 4.3 to 4.2.

If you have Lego (indiana, Star wars or batman et al) why bother to go down to 4.2?

Original Poster

thesaint

Format a Wii.It doesn't have a hard drive.It's not advisable to downgrade … Format a Wii.It doesn't have a hard drive.It's not advisable to downgrade to 4.3 to 4.2.If you have Lego (indiana, Star wars or batman et al) why bother to go down to 4.2?

we have both those games ( Indiana & star wars) but neither helped the problem.
    Any ideas hun?
    we didnt format it, was going to just leave it, the lad who managed to update it is only 5 and has Asphergers , Ive asked him what he did and he can't remember,

Just use ModMii and reflash as if it had never been flashed before.

Install Priiloader too, then no accidental updates.

Original Poster

thesaint you are a star! thank you so much going to try it now. thanks again

Original Poster

thanks to thesaint the wii is fixed! taking it back to my friend in the morning and now with a parental lock so her son cant update it again. thanks again the saint.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Are the free antivirus any good?78
      2. LG G4 Replacement44
      3. I would not recommend anyone to buy tickets in viagogo44
      4. Disney descendants duvet35

See more discussions