Groups

formatting an NTFS drive to fat32 so it will work with my ps3...

I'm having some problems formatting my hard drive to fat32. its taking an absolute age to do it through dos and swissknife isnt working =( any ideas?

9 Comments

Downloaded a free programm called Fat32Formatter 1.0, it worked for me in windows 7 where swissknife would not. It is freeware as well

link
    freewarefiles.com/Fat…tml

Do it through windows with the quick format option or add /q to the end of the format command. Not sure if that works with HDD's or not, been so long since I used DOS.

Original Poster

Shengis;7411278

Do it through windows with the quick format option or add /q to the end … Do it through windows with the quick format option or add /q to the end of the format command. Not sure if that works with HDD's or not, been so long since I used DOS.

tells me the volume is too big for fat32

its 500gb btw

Shengis;7411278

Do it through windows with the quick format option or add /q to the end … Do it through windows with the quick format option or add /q to the end of the format command. Not sure if that works with HDD's or not, been so long since I used DOS.

Microsoft artificially limit FAT32 volumes to 31GB or similar by memory in Windows XP and later.

I'm not sure if the program steviecross recommended is the one I've used for fat32 formatting, looks similar though so probably worth a shot.

John

Original Poster

its not even finding it in my computer now =( any ideas why?

Swissknife wouldn't work with Vista for me, so I used EASEUS

Original Poster

its ok ive done it now =) cheers guys!!!

stephen2k5;7411520

its ok ive done it now =) cheers guys!!!

Any chance of letting us know how?

Original Poster

thesaint;7411550

Any chance of letting us know how?

used the link that steviecross gave me. it worked a treat!:thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game73944501
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767312
      3. word survey1014
      4. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …1730

See more discussions