Fortnite game for the Xbox One

Found 11th Feb
I'm looking at getting this game for my son, but am a bit confused as the versions on offer. At Game, they have the Full Game and also the Early Access Game. On the description it says that the Early Access Game is not completed yet. Can somebody explain how the game differs between the two versions? If I buy the Early Access Game, does that mean my son could not complete it? My son would want to play online with his friends, does that mean that it is only the Full Game that can be played on Xbox Live? Thank you.
Community Updates
AskGaming
7 Comments
I have just noticed that Fortnite Battle Royale is also free to download (from microsoft.com) and play with others on-line. I don't know if the free game is enough or do you have to purchase one of the earlier versions that I mentioned? Thank you.
Fortnite, as I know has 2 modes currently.

One is PVE and the other is PVP battle royale.
(Pve = player verse environment/computer)
(PvP = player verse player)

The battle royale mode is currently free to download on console. This is a 100 player game, last man standing. Or teams of 4 and last team standing.

The PVe mode is more about base building and defeating waves of badguys. This mode is buy to enter but I believe the original idea was to be free upon release. (Can someone confirm).

I'm unsure of the two options at Game. Are they both buy now or one a preorder?

I'd say look on the Xbox market place for the battle royale mode and try that out first.
Sophiasky5 m ago

I have just noticed that Fortnite Battle Royale is also free to download …I have just noticed that Fortnite Battle Royale is also free to download (from microsoft.com) and play with others on-line. I don't know if the free game is enough or do you have to purchase one of the earlier versions that I mentioned? Thank you.

It's free to enter, no need to own the base game.

From looking at this link. Seems they are just all early access, and they give you bonuses to the full game when released (free items, bonus experience etc).

Fortnite is Epic Games' new Action Building game. This Founder’s Pack includes “Save The World,” the paid Early Access PvE campaign with microtransactions. Early Access means Save The World has bugs and balance issues. If you'd like to wait, it will be free in 2018. (This purchase includes the Battle Royale PvP mode.)

microsoft.com/en-gb/store/p/fortnite-standard-founders-pack/bxwnx8st04js

Battle Royale
Xbox Live Gold required. Currently in Early Access. Fortnite Battle Royale is the completely free 100-player PvP mode in Fortnite. One giant map. A battle bus. Fortnite building skills and destructible environments combined with intense PvP combat. The last one standing wins. Download now for FREE and jump into the action.
Edited by: "kos1c" 11th Feb
The Battle Royale is by the far the most popular mode right now (as it's the free version) so I'd hold off on buying the game as it'll be free soon enough in it's entirety. Beware there are micro transactions in this mode for skins and emotes. You need Xbox live to play as it's a multiplayer game.
Thank you all for your advice - the free game it will be.
Sophiasky3 h, 48 m ago

Thank you all for your advice - the free game it will be.

If your son has asked for this game then it will be the free version he wants, my 10 year old son has played little else for the past 2 months along with most of his class mates
OK, the battle royale mode is free. Its online and it's a versus mode against other players. Although free it contains microtransactions so be aware not to have any card details etc set up and the sprog will likely try to buy one at some point accidentally.
The other mode is player versus computer. Right now it's available to buy in an early access. This means when the game is fully released as free you'll have exclusive items and skins and benefits that the free players won't receive. Although it will be free itself soon, it will also contain microtransactions so be wary.
My 10year old brother plays the battle royale game mode and I've had to get him the season pass after much bugging. The season passes only last a month or so annoyingly and offer items to players who play a lot. So get ready for being hassled...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants