Fortnite Vs. PUBG- what you need to know!

Found 4th Aug
Fortnite Vs. PUBG
3004833.jpg(credit: Bluehole)
We're always seeing people discuss (or argue), “which is best, PUBG or Fortnite?" So we’ll take a look at the differences between these two games to see which one you might prefer.

3004833.jpg(credit: Epic Games)

Fortnite Vs. PUBG gameplay
Both of these games are played as a ‘Battle Royale’, or in other words, the last player alive is the winner. As two of the biggest multiplayer games on the current market and with thousands of players waiting in the lobby, you’re bound to get a game when you sign in.

Up to 100 unarmed players land on an uninhabited island that's full of abandoned buildings, but that is also handily strewn with weapons and supplies. From here it’s a fight to the death, hopefully not yours. From the offset, there is one major difference between the two games and that’s the inclusion of a construction element in Fortnite. Throughout your game you need to use all of the wood, stone and metal that you’ve (thoughtfully) collected to build structures to get into a better position for defending yourself. This isn’t possible in PUBG (or, Player Unknown’s Battleground, to give it its full title), all you have to make do with is the cover provided by the island itself.

Do you like the thought of building hideouts or do you just prefer to get on with tactics?

3004833.jpg
Fortnite Vs. PUBG graphics
There's a huge difference between these two titles when it comes to graphics. While PUBG has gone for the more realistic look, Fortnite has opted for a cartoon style. However, there is an added bonus for games not going heavy on textures and realism. Generally they tend to be easier to run and become more accessible for those with lower powered PCs. There's a lot that comes down to developers too, meaning that if the game isn't optimised, no matter what you do, it could just run badly even on a beastly gaming PC.

Does a realistic game appeal more to you over the cartoon style?

Fortnite Vs. PUBG maps
3004833.jpg(credit: pcgamesn.com)

Another huge difference between Fortnite and PUBG are their maps, in particular their map size. PUBG's Erangel and Miramar maps are 8x8km, but the single Fortnite map is a lot smaller. PUBG's Sanhok map is the exception here, which at 4x4km is even smaller than Fortnite’s killing zone!

3004833.jpg(credit: pcgamesn.com)

Because of the larger map sizes, you could say that PUBG players need to rely more on luck to win. For example, they will probably need to use a vehicle if the safe zone’s location isn’t great, or be prepared to get a sprint on!

Fortnite’s map is definitely more varied and fun, I mean who wouldn’t want to hang out in somewhere called Tomato Town?! Fortnite do update/expand their map at regular intervals but the map choices (such as the jungle or the desert) in PUBG gives you less of a chance of getting bored of playing on the same terrain.

Both games have a circle which decreases as the game goes on and you’ll lose health points rapidly if you don’t stay within the zone.

Would you like a high-risk scramble on varied terrain or do you prefer a familiar stomping ground?

Fortnite Vs. PUBG vehicles

3004833.jpg
PUBG has cars, trucks, vans, boats and motor bikes. Whereas Fortnite only has Shopping carts and ATKs (a glorified golf cart). Okay, so Fortnite sounds a bit lame vehicle wise here, but do slower vehicles make for a better game? If you get into a gun fight and grab your shopping cart to try and run away, you're likely going to get hammered into the ground. Although for making your way across the map to get into the zone, they are pretty awesome.

As for the golf carts they allow you to make an escape when you need to, but not at breakneck speeds. They are quite slow in comparison to the PUBG vehicles, although they can be handy for making a getaway, providing you can weave around those trees and hills in time.

3004833.jpg(credit: www.gtaall.com)

PUBG has gone for the more traditional motor vehicles and they are all pretty cool in their own way. You do have to be more cautious though, hit a tree and you and your mates take a damage hit pretty hard. The speed is fun and the driving experience is far more challenging, especially when you hit bumps while navigating through trees. I guess this all adds to the experience.

What's your preference here though? Fast and frantic or slower with your mates dabbing in the back?

Fortnite Vs. PUBG weapons
Now, one thing that PUBG has that Fortnite doesn't is weapon attachments. Everything from grips and silencers to sniper scopes. This allows you to change the way a weapon reacts, although you do have to hunt them down.

3004833.jpg(credit: Bluehole)

Fortnite is straight up weapons, no attachments to be seen, however you can find different types. The weapon stays the same, but the power increases depending on colour.

3004833.jpg(credit:Epic Games)

Again, PUBG go the more realistic way here, so you can change the way your weapon reacts, depending what you add to it. With Fortnite you get what you're given, but that's not always a bad thing, as everyone has the same.

Do you prefer shooting with military precision or something a bit less technical?

Fortnite Vs. PUBG pros and cons
3004833.jpg(Credit:Epic games)

As you can see, PUBG and Fortnite do have significant differences and most of them will come down to your own tastes. Starting a game in Fortnite is a lot faster than PUBG and their developer is striving to make it even quicker. This means that when you’ve finished a game of Fortnite, you can quickly start a new one, whereas there is a longer waiting time to start PUBG. Another point is that Fortnite games tend to be shorter than PUBG games due to the map size and circle timings. Also, because Fortnite’s games are faster, it’s easier to run around finding your enemies. PUBG creates a more tense player experience, by making you wonder if other players are lying in wait for you, ready to take you out.

3004833.jpg(Credit:Bluenote)

If you’re struggling to decide then start with Fortnite to see if the Battle Royale genre is for you. Then, if you find the cartoonish style, lack of diversity in the terrain, or precision of the weapons on offer puts you off, you can switch to PUBG. Of course, there’s also no rule to say that you can’t play both!

The Stats
Now you know the main differences between the two games, we’ll take a look at their cost, their popularity and what you’ll need to play them.

Fortnite Vs. PUBG cost
Fortnite Battle Royale is completely free to download and play, however you can make cash purchases of ‘V bucks’ which you can use to buy in-game cosmetics. It’s good to know that V bucks purchases do not give you any advantage over any other players so not as tempting to buy!

PUBG costs from between £12 to £15 depending on what platform and which retailer you buy from. However, they are now also offering a PUBG mobile version that is free of charge. It is essentially the same game, feature complete, but it has been scaled down graphically and is operated by touch controls.

Fortnite Vs. PUBG total players
Both games came out and were quickly jumped on by millions of players. Battle Royale took off like nobody's business!
Fortnite claim they have more than 3.4 million concurrent players and 125 million total.

3004833.jpg(credit: fortnitensider.com)

PUBG managed to sell 50 Million copies on PC and Xbox and they say it has got up to 400 million player numbers, once you factor in the free mobile edition, and 87 million daily active users across all platforms.3004833.jpg(credit: bgr.india.com)

Fortnite Vs. PUBG platforms
The Battle Royale mode of Fortnite is free to download and play on:
  • Microsoft Windows
  • macOS
  • PlayStation 4
  • Xbox One
  • iOS
  • Nintendo Switch
  • Android
Epic Games have just announced that Fortnite on android WON’T be available on Google Play. See more details here.

To play PUBG on the following platforms you will need to buy the game on:
  • Microsoft Windows
  • Xbox One
For PUBG on PS4, stayed tuned as it may be coming soon.

A free mobile version is available to download for:
  • Android
  • iOS

Fortnite Vs. PUBG requirements
Here are the Fortnite: Battle Royale system requirements (minimum):

• CPU: Core i3 2.4 Ghz
  • CPU SPEED: Info
  • RAM: 4 GB
  • VIDEO CARD: Intel HD 4000
Here are the PUBG system requirements (minimum):
  • CPU: Intel Core i5-4430 / AMD FX-6300
  • CPU SPEED: Info
  • RAM: 8 GB
  • VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 960 2GB / AMD Radeon R7 370 2GB
  • FREE DISK SPACE: 30 GB

Check out these deals!

Be quick for fortnite’s 1st birthday offer, see here!
(thanks @dbno )

Cheap PUBG on PC deal here!
(thanks @nihir )
Community Updates
Misc
8 Comments
Meh I prefer realm royale
@lizhpep did you write this up yourself or did you copy and paste it from somewhere?

I read the whole guide, don't like Battle Royal style games though.
If they ban people on PUBG then PUBG win by 10000000000 times.
I've not played either, but it looks to me like Fornite is for people with a mental age of a teenager and PUBG is for everyone else.
So, school kids and Premiership footballers enjoy your Fornite
We don't need to know anything.
Nobody cares! People like what they like!
I like which ever one doesn't have people all the time building a wall everytime you shoot

I hate Battle Royale in general (my opinion)
jamie0155th Aug

@lizhpep did you write this up yourself or did you copy and paste it from …@lizhpep did you write this up yourself or did you copy and paste it from somewhere?I read the whole guide, don't like Battle Royal style games though.

Hi, yes I wrote it. I did copy the system requirements over, but other than that it's all original content, just trying to point out the main differences.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions