Groups

Forum Tip - increase number of posts per page

I imagine most regulars know about this, but I've seen numerous posts in threads from people saying 'it's on page 3' etc, when they could be viewing the whole thread on 1 page, so I thought this might help those who havn't discovered the options yet.

***To increase the number of posts per page from the default of 15:

-click on control panel

-click on 'edit options'

-scroll down to the 'Thread display options' section

-change the 'Number of Posts to Show Per Page' in the drop-down box

-save your changes and that's it done!

Makes the site a lot nicer to use IMHO

14 Comments

Thanks i hate having to click over the pages thanks rep added.

It still doesn't actually help when someone says "It's on page 3 though".

I have always had mine set to 30.

Thank you - you learn something new everyday!

50 posts on 1 page now :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Original Poster

thesaint;1781482

It still doesn't actually help when someone says "It's on page 3 though".

That's true
    I find it much easier to follow long threads with it set to 50, you can very quickly scroll up and down the page rather than clicking back and fore.

thesaint;1781482

It still doesn't actually help when someone says "It's on page 3 … It still doesn't actually help when someone says "It's on page 3 though".I have always had mine set to 30.

Just go to post 45 is this not correct ?

Original Poster

waterloo;1781511

yup, that would work

waterloo;1781511

If people put the post number, it is a lot better(As long as a post is not subsequently deleted).

We do not know what others have as their option.

Saying a page number is no good for long threads, page 3 could be posts #101-150* for someone viewing 50 posts per page, or post# 11-15* with someone viewing 5 posts per page.

*Not exact numbers

Original Poster

thesaint;1781560

If people put the post number, it is a lot better(As long as a post is … If people put the post number, it is a lot better(As long as a post is not subsequently deleted).We do not know what others have as their option.Saying a page number is no good for long threads, page 3 could be posts #101-150* for someone viewing 50 posts per page, or post# 11-15* with someone viewing 5 posts per page.*Not exact numbers

Very true - I often wish that people would refer to a post number rather than page number (especially in the ridiculously long threads in misc).

that is very useful thanks, didn't know it

friendlyamy;1786715

that is very useful thanks, didn't know it

I hope you gave bod emrys some "Rep" if you found it useful.

Useful post - its good to let newer members know things like this, especially until they sort out some sort of links/stickies/faq/help thingy etc...

Whilst people are in their control panel options its worth turning on thread subscriptions (if its not already on) then you can get a list of all the threads you have replied to in order of latest reply... ;-)

jah128;1787185

Useful post - its good to let newer members know things like this, … Useful post - its good to let newer members know things like this, especially until they sort out some sort of links/stickies/faq/help thingy etc...Whilst people are in their control panel options its worth turning on thread subscriptions (if its not already on) then you can get a list of all the threads you have replied to in order of latest reply... ;-)

Another good tip thanks more rep added :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …123293
      2. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)2429
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread415714097
      4. HUKD Splatoon Shoot-Out343572

See more discussions