Groups

Forums/Message Boards?

Can anyone recommend a good free message board / forum provider whereby one can create a forum of their own, which can then be used on a website (or at least, linked to the site in question?)

If i remember correctly, they're using 1and1 to host the site, does 1and1 come with such software, or will they need ot go via 3rd party?

6 Comments

Not quite sure if it's what you're after, but are Bravenet still around?
    I used them a few years ago to provide stats and generate a forum for my website, and it was all free.I think they've changed name now, but may be worth a look? :thumbsup:

Original Poster

HAL2000;7508902

Not quite sure if it's what you're after, but are Bravenet still around?I … Not quite sure if it's what you're after, but are Bravenet still around?I used them a few years ago to provide stats and generate a forum for my website, and it was all free.I think they've changed name now, but may be worth a look? :thumbsup:

Dunno if you've heard about ]Sunderland City of Adelaide but the site as it is, just isnt working (its more of a history site then a campaign one!)

They wanna add a forum/message board where people can come and post (without registering perhaps) and give their views/opinions on all things Adelaide?

Dunno what these are like:

proboards.com/

Maybe Roger at readytogo.net might let you have a sub-forum on there, not ideal I know.

It sounds like you've already got a website host and just need the forum software. There are loads availible, ]phpBB is probably the most popular free one.

belch;7509516

Dunno what these are like:http://www.proboards.com/Maybe Roger at … Dunno what these are like:http://www.proboards.com/Maybe Roger at readytogo.net might let you have a sub-forum on there, not ideal I know.

EndlessWaves;7509584

It sounds like you've already got a website host and just need the forum … It sounds like you've already got a website host and just need the forum software. There are loads availible, ]phpBB is probably the most popular free one.

Yep Proboards do the job nicely if the host won't allow phpBB :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …206571
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764536
      3. Best advert ever to be seen.22
      4. word association Game72844185

See more discussions