Groups

Forza 3 Vs GT5...

Was speaking to the guys @ Gamestation today about Shift and asking how does it play.. they directed me towards Forza 3 instead. Spent about 15mins listen to the praise of forza 3 and how not up to scratch GT5 would be when it comes out because it wont have engine rebuilds, physics engine etc etc etc like forza 3.

As a big racing game fan im a little tempted by Forza 3, Not planning to swap ps3 for 360 bcos ps3s are better imo.

************(NO ps3 vs 360 battles here please)************

Will Forza 3 come out on PC..? are there emulations from PC to 360s..? or wil i simply have to miss out on Forza 3..?

I also like Halo series but thats another topic for another time...

39 Comments

Gran Turismo 5 will be the greatest driving game ever
    /Thread
    /Website
    /Day

DarkKnight;6367611

Gran Turismo 5 will be the greatest driving game ever/Thread/Website/Day

/Week
    /Month

Forza 2 was a pile of crap no offense, they bundled it with viva pinata? Halo liked the online and then even that got boring after a few months.

DarkKnight;6367611

Gran Turismo 5 will be the greatest driving game ever/Thread/Website/Day

I was on ps3 but forgot your tag

Forza on the basis that GT5 will never be released

Met-Cast;6367653

I was on ps3 but forgot your tag

Darkknight56
    I should be on there tonight :thumbsup:

Nothing to do with those 2 games but just wanted to say I think Race Driver: Grid is an absolutely amazing driving game. Codemasters did an awesome job of it and it is by far the best racing game i have played on in a long time.

Can't compare it to Gran Turismo 5 yet as it aint out.

Original Poster

black gerbil1;6367665

LMAO.. :roll: I've resorted to buy a copy of GT1!!! in blockbusters and replay that atm..:oops:

Whats this thread/ week/ month/ thing?

stevey_p7;6367692

Nothing to do with those 2 games but just wanted to say I think Race … Nothing to do with those 2 games but just wanted to say I think Race Driver: Grid is an absolutely amazing driving game. Codemasters did an awesome job of it and it is by far the best racing game i have played on in a long time.Can't compare it to Gran Turismo 5 yet as it aint out.

I have GRID, great game, bit arcady, but great game.. I have it about 50% complete but bit repetitive tho.. bit annoying online aswell.. ppl dont play fair.. :-(

DarkKnight;6367685

Darkknight56I should be on there tonight :thumbsup:

You want to add me as I think mines a bit easier to remember I'm not sure if i'll be on tonight but it's Met-Cast

Inquisitor;6367695

LMAO.. :roll: I've resorted to buy a copy of GT1!!! in blockbusters and … LMAO.. :roll: I've resorted to buy a copy of GT1!!! in blockbusters and replay that atm..:oops:Whats this thread/ week/ month/ thing?

It's the release date in morse code.

Met-Cast;6367700

You want to add me as I think mines a bit easier to remember I'm not sure … You want to add me as I think mines a bit easier to remember I'm not sure if i'll be on tonight but it's Met-Cast

Yeah i'll add you then

Inquisitor;6367695

Whats this thread/ week/ month/ thing?(

If you understand HTML coding then you will understand

/Post

Inquisitor;6367695

LMAO.. :roll: I've resorted to buy a copy of GT1!!! in blockbusters and … LMAO.. :roll: I've resorted to buy a copy of GT1!!! in blockbusters and replay that atm..:oops:Whats this thread/ week/ month/ thing?I have GRID, great game, bit arcady, but great game.. I have it about 50% complete but bit repetitive tho.. bit annoying online aswell.. ppl dont play fair.. :-(

Yeah i know where your coming from with the online part of it. People going out of their way to ram you off the road.

Still its a very enjoyable and rewarding game, graphics too are superb.

black gerbil1;6367665

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezus CHRIST!

I'm agreeing with BG1:w00t::w00t:

GT5 may get released..... sometime..... next year...... following one...

Original Poster

can i add some of you GRID players? Im not very online GT5 player unfortunatly because its a bit technical (BUT I have done to S Class on Proffessional settings!).. my PSN - K2o_G25

Guess what logitech steering wheel I've got...?

Inquisitor;6367866

can i add some of you GRID players? Im not very online GT5 player … can i add some of you GRID players? Im not very online GT5 player unfortunatly because its a bit technical (BUT I have done to S Class on Proffessional settings!).. my PSN - K2o_G25Guess what logitech steering wheel I've got...?

Where from?

(racing games are only good with steering wheels come on!!)

Banned

Inquisitor;6367866

can i add some of you GRID players? Im not very online GT5 player … can i add some of you GRID players? Im not very online GT5 player unfortunatly because its a bit technical (BUT I have done to S Class on Proffessional settings!).. my PSN - K2o_G25Guess what logitech steering wheel I've got...?

dj_urban i like a serious race, elite *** at the mo

il have a logitech g25 after january hopefully for gt5 when its out in dec

il maybe get forza 3 if its better than the 2nd one the 2nd one was just dire

gt5 well iv got gt2 on my psp till its out , and gt psp in a few weeks , so hope there new cfw for psp soon

Original Poster

Met-Cast;6368002

Where from?(racing games are only good with steering wheels come on!!)

Play.com when it was £99.99 the 1st time round :thumbsup: Theres so a G27 coming out v soon, think maybe when GT5 is out i suspect.. :roll:

WOW.
    Fanboys much?

How about we all wait untill they are both out and maybe play them BOTH... Then make some educated statments about which one is better.

Jeez.

mus_ne;6368329

WOW. Fanboys much? How about we all wait untill they are both out and … WOW. Fanboys much? How about we all wait untill they are both out and maybe play them BOTH... Then make some educated statments about which one is better.Jeez.

Yep. The top 3 ps3 fanboys jump out to defend their console and also gt5 every time its mentioned.

Original Poster

mus_ne;6368329

WOW. Fanboys much? How about we all wait untill they are both out and … WOW. Fanboys much? How about we all wait untill they are both out and maybe play them BOTH... Then make some educated statments about which one is better.Jeez.

why?

Whats wrong with educated guesses or assumtions? I've never seen Forza 3 demos or anything soo.. just thought i'd ask more about it and peoples opinions the 360 owners will know more about it. Instead of attacking the convo. how about get positivly involved by sharing your more informed view on forza 3? or alternative if you so wish...

Met-Cast;6367651

/Week/MonthForza 2 was a pile of crap no offense, they bundled it with … /Week/MonthForza 2 was a pile of crap no offense, they bundled it with viva pinata? Halo liked the online and then even that got boring after a few months.

Yea!! it's so crap right?... Amazing how it managed ]to score more than your beloved ]GT5 prologue

And really? you're gonna use the viva pinata bundle as a 'diss' LOL...

mus_ne;6368385

Yea!! it's so crap right?... Amazing how it managed ]to score more than … Yea!! it's so crap right?... Amazing how it managed ]to score more than your beloved ]GT5 prologueAnd really? you're gonna use the viva pinata bundle as a 'diss' LOL...

Hey leave him alone. He has nothing better to do.

Inquisitor;6368363

why?Whats wrong with educated guesses or assumtions? I've never seen … why?Whats wrong with educated guesses or assumtions? I've never seen Forza 3 demos or anything soo.. just thought i'd ask more about it and peoples opinions the 360 owners will know more about it. Instead of attacking the convo. how about get positivly involved by sharing your more informed view on forza 3? or alternative if you so wish...

Attacking the convo? I was merely trying maintain any legitimacy this thread ever hoped of having.

And do you really call the following educated;
    "Gran Turismo 5 will be the greatest driving game ever
    /Thread
    /Website
    /Day"

"/Week
    /Month

Forza 2 was a pile of crap no offense, they bundled it with viva pinata? Halo liked the online and then even that got boring after a few months."

Oh. And f.y.i, I own all three, Wii on day 1... the rest to follow. The last GT that I thouroughly enjoyed playing was GT3 on PS2.

mus_ne;6368385

Yea!! it's so crap right?... Amazing how it managed ]to score more than … Yea!! it's so crap right?... Amazing how it managed ]to score more than your beloved ]GT5 prologueAnd really? you're gonna use the viva pinata bundle as a 'diss' LOL...

That's a bit newbish, Your links fail as you can't review a game that is still in production

deathtrap3000;6368403

Hey leave him alone. He has nothing better to do.

Will do.

DarkKnight;6368416

That's a bit newbish, Your links fail as you can't review a game that is … That's a bit newbish, Your links fail as you can't review a game that is still in production

If GT5 prologue is still in production, I wouldn't be able to go to my 24hour Tesco and purchase it over the counter...

And... don't you think your hole comment is a little bit hypocritical?
    Read it over again to yourself and think about what you say and your previous comments.

Original Poster

mus_ne;6368407

Attacking the convo? I was merely trying maintain any legitimacy this … Attacking the convo? I was merely trying maintain any legitimacy this thread ever hoped of having.And do you really call the following educated;"Gran Turismo 5 will be the greatest driving game ever/Thread/Website/Day""/Week/MonthForza 2 was a pile of crap no offense, they bundled it with viva pinata? Halo liked the online and then even that got boring after a few months."Oh. And f.y.i, I own all three, Wii on day 1... the rest to follow. The last GT that I thouroughly enjoyed playing was GT3 on PS2.

You were commenting RE: Fanboys, He was opinionating games.. difference there. :thinking:

Anyway, Forza 2 was ok game I thought, imo better than GT5 but being a GT fan all these years its hard to put down. I found Forza 2 a bit.. lost after a while.. it didnt involve me as much as GT4, if.. anyone gets my drift? hoping GT5 will be better, tho Forza 3 from the likes of ppl at gamestation are swaying me more to Forza 3 lol. (tho i dont have a 360 as said in OP)

mus_ne;6368432

If GT5 prologue is still in production, I wouldn't be able to go to my … If GT5 prologue is still in production, I wouldn't be able to go to my 24hour Tesco and purchase it over the counter...And... don't you think your hole comment is a little bit hypocritical?Read it over again to yourself and think about what you say and your previous comments.

Ah i thought it was a link to Gran Turismo 5, eyes not working so good tonight
    But still, Grant Turismo 5 Prologue is pretty much a demo of Gran Turismo 5, so you can't exactly compare Forza with it, hence the name prologue

One thing I forgot to say, shift is actually a very good game.

If you want a purely racing sim, then forget shift. But so far I have enjoyed playing the game and I especially love the cockpit view. It adds a whole new experience different from any other racing game that I have ever played.

It's worth a rent at least.

Original Poster

mus_ne;6368467

One thing I forgot to say, shift is actually a very good game.If you want … One thing I forgot to say, shift is actually a very good game.If you want a purely racing sim, then forget shift. But so far I have enjoyed playing the game and I especially love the cockpit view. It adds a whole new experience different from any other racing game that I have ever played.It's worth a rent at least.

Really? I've played it a few months ago at brands hatch (full game) and it was SOO laggy, was on the 360. Little worse than Undercover.. Views?

Inquisitor;6368486

Really? I've played it a few months ago at brands hatch (full game) and … Really? I've played it a few months ago at brands hatch (full game) and it was SOO laggy, was on the 360. Little worse than Undercover.. Views?

lol, Don't know about a few months ago, but a couple of hours ago... it was the best racing game experience I've ever felt.

watch the IGN review
    uk.xbox360.ign.com/dor…pmt

I totally agree with him when he says "it's arguably the best NFS".
    My last favourite one was Most wanted and it's been a serious downhill since, exept for undercover which was OK.

the best nfs in my opinion is all the way back pre-2000. I forgot the names of the games i played but it was fun being chased by cops and putting down traps when you are the police.

Shift is kinda like the son of arcade and simulation. Its not bad and it acts like a bridge between the 2 sub-genres. Not really nfs-ish imo though

As for the forza v gt debate, just play them both when they come out - Im sure there will be friends and family who will have both eventually

Artonox;6368547

the best nfs in my opinion is all the way back pre-2000. I forgot the … the best nfs in my opinion is all the way back pre-2000. I forgot the names of the games i played but it was fun being chased by cops and putting down traps when you are the police.Shift is kinda like the son of arcade and simulation. Its not bad and it acts like a bridge between the 2 sub-genres. Not really nfs-ish imo thoughAs for the forza v gt debate, just play them both when they come out - Im sure there will be friends and family who will have both eventually

I wish there were more people like you on this website, Instead of jokers jumping in and making rediculous comments.

mus_ne;6368564

I wish there were more people like you on this website, Instead of jokers … I wish there were more people like you on this website, Instead of jokers jumping in and making rediculous comments.

haha lol thx for the compliment. Im just stating what I feel and im having a hunch that some guys here are deliberately starting "fire" to add drama to hotukdeals, as usual in "misc". :oops:

Original Poster

mus_ne;6368507

lol, Don't know about a few months ago, but a couple of hours ago... it … lol, Don't know about a few months ago, but a couple of hours ago... it was the best racing game experience I've ever felt.watch the IGN reviewhttp://uk.xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14319193/need-for-speed-shift/videos/nfsshift_vdr_091009.html;jsessionid=p068cpmm2pmtI totally agree with him when he says "it's arguably the best NFS". My last favourite one was Most wanted and it's been a serious downhill since, exept for undercover which was OK.

Internet is slow with this connection so i'll have to watch that later, thats a tall statement considering there were so many NFS games which were amazing classics like another poster said.. hmm.. will look into that. If it has the clutch function, im partly sold..! :-D

ahh dear so many games to play with.. I recently bought 5 games from curry's which had one of those clearance sales.. :santa: £5.50 each..!

mus_ne;6368407

Attacking the convo? I was merely trying maintain any legitimacy this … Attacking the convo? I was merely trying maintain any legitimacy this thread ever hoped of having.And do you really call the following educated;"Gran Turismo 5 will be the greatest driving game ever/Thread/Website/Day""/Week/MonthForza 2 was a pile of crap no offense, they bundled it with viva pinata? Halo liked the online and then even that got boring after a few months."Oh. And f.y.i, I own all three, Wii on day 1... the rest to follow. The last GT that I thouroughly enjoyed playing was GT3 on PS2.

Do you not like having a laugh? Do you have a life?
    And you actually listen to reviews? I'll pay them a million pounds to rate my version of tetris the best ever. GT5 Prologue is a tester, I haven't even played prologue neither am I very fond of that style of racing I didn't mention anything about GT5 and me thinking its best I was joining with the / thing with DarkKnight, I just said Forza 2 is a pile of crap which it is accept it not everyone likes your games fanboy.

I like both series and i'll buy both.

Thankfully i'm not insecure and need to try and big up one or the other.

Original Poster

Syzable;6369897

I like both series and i'll buy both. :)Thankfully i'm not insecure and … I like both series and i'll buy both. :)Thankfully i'm not insecure and need to try and big up one or the other.

PS3 has G25, Xbox doesnt............. :whistling: But I suspect G27 will be universal, unless M$ really doesnt want logitech products...

How do you have time for PS3 & 360..??? Crazyy...

Inquisitor;6371030

But I suspect G27 will be universal, unless M$ really doesnt want … But I suspect G27 will be universal, unless M$ really doesnt want logitech products...

Dont count on it. :x
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. RIP DOCTOR WHO710
      2. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1218
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?67
      4. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1430

See more discussions