Forza Horizon 4 tips and discussion

Posted 10th Mar
Hey folks, given the few deals that have been advertised here lately there's been a bit of discussion and so forth, i wondered if it was worth starting a discussion group to share hints and tips and any other FH4 game chat.

What are people's best or quickest ways of making money on the game?
Whats your best car for top speed?
Any tuning set ups you can recommend?
Any hot cars you can recommend for particular race types or events?

Enjoy and share :-)
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

16 Comments
i think my best car for top speed so far is the saleen s7 and perhaps the mosler too, with 274mph, but i have a suspicious feeling that there are some cars out there that i dont know about or some tunes that may blow this out of the water and hit 300mph or so?

with regards to making money on the game, this is one thing that im really struggling with. aside of farming skill points and buying wheelspins from the car attributes table, and winning wheelspins in events, i dont know how best to make money. i get about 45k a day from my 4 businesses (taxi, fastest rentals etc), but again, i have a feeling that im missing a trick. i've not really dabbled with selling cars very much. i read a post on here from someone saying that they buy and sell the rimac for a mahoosive profit, but i'd like to know more haha

For the season this week for the valkyrie challenge with 998 swedish or danish car, i chose a volvo polestar and kitted it out to rally and dirt race and it just blew the competition away (even on pro racing setting), so i was very happy with that car :-)
I've had it from release so have hundreds of millions I'll never be able to spend lol

the Mosler is a beast when modified, used it for all the speed traps.

At the start I got some rare ferrari's and things worth 5m+ and just sold them as I wasn't going to be interested in driving them, then bought the expensive properties (some give you 10/20 super wheelspins I think)
The Ferrari 599 XX is the fastest straight line car which has come up a few times but currently hard to get a hold of as they get snapped up quickly on the Auction House.

The Mosler is not quite as fast in a straight line but it's far better in corners and it's my first choice for the seasonal PR stunts even off road and in the snow. For off road speed zones I go with the Hoonigan RS200 which is also a great car for S1/S2 Playground Games.

I believe harvesting skill points is currently the best way to make money although not something I've tried, it is possible to flip cars on the Auction House due to the dynamic pricing so you can buy desirable models (such as when they're seasonal rewards) then sell them on when the price goes up. I don't really have the patience for that, when I needed money I used skill points to get wheel spins and CR rewards (some cars will give you a few hundred thousand credits for unlocking a perk) and I did some of the motorway blueprints with a car that had a 20% credit bonus (Reventon is one).

If you're not doing it already the festival playlist items will give you a good few wheel spins and if you have the DLC make sure you do the two PR stunts on Fortune Island and the one on Lego island which will get you a few more wheelspins. Unfortunately the super wheel spins (after comparing 77 supers against 500 normal) don't give you anything better on average so you will get lots of pitiful green amounts but you can get a few decent rewards.

It's a bit flooded with images but the Forza reddit is still quite a handy source of information:

reddit.com/r/f…ew/
Edited by: "Johnmcl7" 10th Mar
Do you use the Forza Hub? I get 425k free credits each week added to each of my careers across all the FH and FM games. You have to remember to go to the app to claim them though but I just have it pinned to my dashboard. The amount tou get depends on your level and I think I am level 12.
Edited by: "Add_to_Basket" 10th Mar
Add_to_Basket10/03/2020 16:01

Do you use the Forza Hub? I get 425k free credits each week added to each …Do you use the Forza Hub? I get 425k free credits each week added to each of my careers across all the FH and FM games. You have to remember to go to the app to claim them though but I just have it pinned to my dashboard. The amount tou get depends on your level and I think I am level 12.

Also depends on the number of games in the series you've played. I think (iirc), I get 1.2m credits a week - 200k on FH4 alone.
alg10/03/2020 16:13

Also depends on the number of games in the series you've played. I think …Also depends on the number of games in the series you've played. I think (iirc), I get 1.2m credits a week - 200k on FH4 alone.

Yes that's how you level up. The more you play and the more challenges you complete, the higher your level. I get 425k on each game (2,550,000 in total) a week.
Some interesting comments there, thanks for the tips.

I cannot get on with the mosler in many race types other than straight line, just cant get the handling Vs power ratio nailed down. Interesting to see that some of you use it for a variety of events though. My go to is probably the Apollo IE car which is just nuts through the acceleration but tops out late 250's. The lotus Elise GT car is also brilliant.

I've just gone round my first 'prestige' (level 200+) and back to level 20 or so now.

Gonna take a look at the Forza hub too... Every little helps and all that :-)
Edited by: "FTOdude170" 10th Mar
I have one tip for you on the Eliminator if you get to the final showdown. Have a look at the map and you should be able to make an estimated guess what section of the map the final race finish line will be in. Then position yourself on the best main road that will take you there (but as far from it as you can within the zone). Then with about 10 - 15secs left before the race starts, get moving so that by the time the race starts, you are going fast, near the outer edge of the "zone" and (hopefully) heading in the right direction for the finish line.

This should give you an advantage over the other players if you have guessed correctly.
Edited by: "theyiddo" 10th Mar
Cheers for that yiddo. I've only ever been in a couple of finals so far and I did feel that some people had the edge on the start! ;-)

I just installed and pinned the Forza hub app to my dashboard and got an instant 125k on this game, so thank you for that tip also add_to_basket :-)
Get vip if you want credits although I see then as pretty pointless. I have 68 million and can't seem to spend them
I can never seem to bank more than about 4 mill without then unloading them all on a car I was after lol. With that amount of money you have im not surprised, you could buy the entire Forza garage I'm sure!
FTOdude17010/03/2020 17:49

Some interesting comments there, thanks for the tips. I cannot get on with …Some interesting comments there, thanks for the tips. I cannot get on with the mosler in many race types other than straight line, just cant get the handling Vs power ratio nailed down. Interesting to see that some of you use it for a variety of events though. My go to is probably the Apollo IE car which is just nuts through the acceleration but tops out late 250's. The lotus Elise GT car is also brilliant.I've just gone round my first 'prestige' (level 200+) and back to level 20 or so now.Gonna take a look at the Forza hub too... Every little helps and all that :-)

I don't use the Mosler for racing since it's X999 tuned and most proper events are S2 or below but it is a beast for the seasonal PR stunts. The Porsche 918 is probably my favourite S2 car for racing as it's a good mix of speed, handling and braking although I do like the Senna for its incredible grip and braking but it loses out in straight line speed.
FTOdude17010/03/2020 22:45

I can never seem to bank more than about 4 mill without then unloading …I can never seem to bank more than about 4 mill without then unloading them all on a car I was after lol. With that amount of money you have im not surprised, you could buy the entire Forza garage I'm sure!

Not really - there are quite a few 10m credit cars available. I've got something like 95m credits, but don't really want to spend 10m on cars I don't really want.
ah ok i gotcha. Cant wait for summer season this week. im off work on friday so gonna smash it all out then :-D

gonna give that Porsche 918 a blast as johnmc suggested above and see if its better than the Apollo IE :-)
I'd also suggest creating an account on Mixer, linked to your Xbox live account, and you earn Influence for 'watching' FH4 streams - just leave it running as a tab in the background all day - laptop or phone are fine. Mixer has recently suspended the 24/7 FH4 influence farming streams, however many streamers play for 8-10 hours and sometimes then host another FH4 stream when they finish. Before I even purchased the game I'd obtained 24 million influence via this method, ended up with about 1400 wheelspins as a result.
Frog10011/03/2020 21:43

I'd also suggest creating an account on Mixer, linked to your Xbox live …I'd also suggest creating an account on Mixer, linked to your Xbox live account, and you earn Influence for 'watching' FH4 streams - just leave it running as a tab in the background all day - laptop or phone are fine. Mixer has recently suspended the 24/7 FH4 influence farming streams, however many streamers play for 8-10 hours and sometimes then host another FH4 stream when they finish. Before I even purchased the game I'd obtained 24 million influence via this method, ended up with about 1400 wheelspins as a result.

so i just did this last night and it is working for me, thank you for the hint. Got it streaming away on the spare laptop for a while. you must've been smashing out hours and hours a day to get that much influence!!!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants