Forza Horizon 5 on Xbox Series X won't load?!

Posted 12th Dec 2021 (Posted 5 h, 2 m ago)
I spoilt myself and got an Xbox Series X for Christmas. I have game pass and played FH5 on my One S a little bit, loved it and decided i wanted to play the next gen version. Long story short, got the X Friday, and FH5 won't get past the loading screens... I start the game, press A to begin game, it begins loading then the music dips, game freezes. Sometimes on a black screen, then a screen full of distortion appears and either I get ejected to a super laggy/unresponsive home screen or the console crashes and my controller starts flashing.
Anyone else having this issue? I've seen online the game has plenty of problems but not so much what I'm experiencing.
Could my console be a dud? I can't contact Microsoft until tomorrow, business hours hence calling on the HUKD community.
Any advice would be much appreciated
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment
11 Comments
  1. Avatar
    Are you seeing this issue with other games?

Is it installed on the internal drive?

Have you uninstalled it and re-downloaded it?
  2. Avatar
    Author
    dipsylalapo12/12/2021 11:20

Are you seeing this issue with other games?Is it installed on the internal …Are you seeing this issue with other games?Is it installed on the internal drive?Have you uninstalled it and re-downloaded it?

I haven't had a chance to play anything else besides starting the Halo campaign and that started without an issue.
    It is installed on the Xbox internally.
    I've factory reset the console 3 times and reinstalled/re-downloaded the game 3 or 4 times now.
    Thanks for your help
  3. Avatar
    If the console was a dud, it would happen with other games rather than just Forza.

Not sure what it would be. Sorry
  4. Avatar
    Had the same with the game yesterday acting up and wouldn’t load
    After pulling the power cable out the back for 20-30 seconds and restarting the console it worked fine
  5. Avatar
    Same was happening for me. Its a bug. Just keep trying then it works.
  6. Avatar
    Author
    XxXNumbNutzXxX12/12/2021 11:52

Had the same with the game yesterday acting up and wouldn’t load After p …Had the same with the game yesterday acting up and wouldn’t load After pulling the power cable out the back for 20-30 seconds and restarting the console it worked fine

That's something I haven't tried! Cheers mate
  7. Avatar
    Forza servers been up and down over the last few days I would suggest it is an issue their end. I'm pretty disappointed tbh with the release the game has been full of bugs and it still is and with poor servers
  8. Avatar
    Author
    MonkeyMan9012/12/2021 15:45

Forza servers been up and down over the last few days I would suggest it …Forza servers been up and down over the last few days I would suggest it is an issue their end. I'm pretty disappointed tbh with the release the game has been full of bugs and it still is and with poor servers

I'm gutted, didn't have an issue on the one s, was fine. Upgrade and can't even get into it
    I bet there's is gonna be a load of disappointed kids/frustrated patents come Xmas day
  9. Avatar
    mrjrdmc12/12/2021 16:01

I'm gutted, didn't have an issue on the one s, was fine. Upgrade and can't …I'm gutted, didn't have an issue on the one s, was fine. Upgrade and can't even get into it I bet there's is gonna be a load of disappointed kids/frustrated patents come Xmas day

It's since they brought season 2 out it all went belly up.
  10. Avatar
    B0ne512/12/2021 12:35

Same was happening for me. Its a bug. Just keep trying then it works.

Same with me. Eventually started again. Always preferred consoles over PC gaming because it was hassle free in comparison. Think those days are gone.
Post a comment
Top Merchants