Found a hair in Iceland cheesecake

Posted 29th Apr
tried to ring them by a telephone number mentioned on a box,it just auto answer machine about due Covid19 blah blah blah and then call ending...
any tips?
Community Updates

Groups

Top comments
Straight or curly?
Take it back to store or bin it and move on with life. It's a chance in a million finding stuff like that but it happens.
How about you pick the hair out and eat it and get on with your life.
Don't forget to make your best "I want compensation" face in the picture when they run this story on your local newspaper's website.
41 Comments
Take it back to store or bin it and move on with life. It's a chance in a million finding stuff like that but it happens.
Take photos, tweet their account, remove hair, try to forget and eat 😁
Don't shout about it, everyone'll want one.
Look for pieces of flesh before eating.
People have hair. People work in factories. It happens. If it was metal or glass, I would be more worried
If you have an account with Iceland...you can log into that and speak to them through live chat or in their q&a section you will find a way to contact them through their query form and usually get a response within 3 days....that’s how I have been contacting them when I’ve maybe needed a refund on unsuitable items...hope this helps(y)
Ask Sean how to apply it to wardrobe doors.
Straight or curly?
Don't forget to make your best "I want compensation" face in the picture when they run this story on your local newspaper's website.
follow the science, there is no known transmission of hair molecules to beyond 0.1mm of the cake

pick the hair out, and eat the cake
Haircut_10029/04/2020 11:54

Don't forget to make your best "I want compensation" face in the picture …Don't forget to make your best "I want compensation" face in the picture when they run this story on your local newspaper's website.

Be true to your namesake, it was you who did it.
Edited by: "splender" 29th Apr
Tips? TIPS!?!?

Well, the first one would be - don't eat it. It'll make you choke...

In all seriousness, how do you wish to proceed? Gross, I know but accidents DO happen. Are you wishing to just point it out to them as a "safety" warning - or are you specifically looking for compensation?

Take it back to the store (if you bought it from a store) and get a replacement or Email the company and explain your issue. You do have to accept that the current "virus" situation WILL have an impact on everyone INCLUDING businesses such as Iceland. Therefore, instances like this where no loss of life has occurred will take a backseat to more important issues such as supply/demand to outlets trying to serve the general public with "non-hair" inclusive foodstuffs!

I had a similar issue with the Pukka Pie Company when I actually DID choke on a rock-hard lump of "something" found in a pie. It wasn't bone. I was concerned that it may have been a piece of machinery or similar so I Emailed them with a picture and batch details etc. I wasn't looking for anything in return as I'm not that type of person but they sent me a kind message of thanks and asked for my details. I then received some vouchers in the post, which was nice...
Not worth the bother. All they’ll do it refund you your £1 or whatever you paid for a low quality cheesecake let it go
Edited by: "frrft" 29th Apr
DEALS4EVA29/04/2020 11:53

Can I put mine in your food as you seems not care at all...
frrft29/04/2020 12:25

Not worth the bother. All they’ll do it refund you your £1 or whatever you …Not worth the bother. All they’ll do it refund you your £1 or whatever you paid for a low quality cheesecake let it go

Can I let it go into your food?
This is unbelievable, cut round it if you that bothered and eat the rest. Waste of time.
7fink729/04/2020 12:26

Can I let it go into your food?

I mean i get it it’s not nice but we’ve all been there. These things happen
Iceland c*cks up again? Oh no! More fury heading their way.
Be grateful you spotted it. I'm pretty certain some people have quite happily munched down on something without realising the hidden extras.
7fink729/04/2020 12:25

Can I put mine in your food as you seems not care at all...

You should run to the daily mail and do a sad face story.
@7fink7

Not sure what tips you are wanting.

Probably the easiest thing to do would just be bin it and forget about, yeah it’s a shame but hey ho things could be a whole lot worse with everything going on it the world right now.

If you have the time and inclination just take a photo and send drop Iceland an email with the details. I’m sure they will refund you what you paid. I wouldn’t make an another trip out just to return the cheesecake at the moment.

Its going to be while before you receive any response as supermarkets are incredibly busy at the moment trying to sort out keeping the nation feed and getting deliveries to the vulnerable.
Craig David
Are you sure it wasn't a rabbit? They do look similar.
Mendoza29/04/2020 13:04

Comment deleted

Cut it up & sell it on ebay as a high grade moisturiser for those ladies seeking an alternative therapy.
daniellndn29/04/2020 13:35

Comment deleted

So? Does that mean we forget about those less fortunate than us during these times?
daniellndn29/04/2020 13:35

Comment deleted

Pretty sure people are buying stuff from all around the world on this site.
Safiyaaaaxo29/04/2020 13:37

So? Does that mean we forget about those less fortunate than us during …So? Does that mean we forget about those less fortunate than us during these times?

Everything in life has a hierarchy of importance.
What's with people's posts?
The OP PAID for it!
OP, take your reciept and the item with the hair back to the Iceland store and demand a refund.
zworld29/04/2020 13:43

What's with people's posts?The OP PAID for it!OP, take your reciept and …What's with people's posts?The OP PAID for it!OP, take your reciept and the item with the hair back to the Iceland store and demand a refund.

I think peoples responses are because the OP doesn't know the sensible response themselves.
thanks very much this post kept me amused for a couple of minutes
Could be worse, you could have found a cheesecake in your hair.
MadeDixonsCry29/04/2020 12:10

Don't read the second item on this list …Don't read the second item on this list https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2013/may/13/10-gross-ingredients-food-horsemeat-scandal

The human hair is the best of the lot as far as I'm concerned! The others on the list are:
Arsenic
Antifreeze
Beaver anal glands
Fish bladder
Coal tar
Silicone breast implant filler
Boiled beetle shells
Rodent hair
Borax

If anyone's wondering, the above list is from 10 gross ingredients you didn't know were in your food (Guardian article)
deleted1793489
Phsycronix29/04/2020 12:18

Tips? TIPS!?!? Well, the first one would be - don't eat it. …Tips? TIPS!?!? Well, the first one would be - don't eat it. It'll make you choke... In all seriousness, how do you wish to proceed? Gross, I know but accidents DO happen. Are you wishing to just point it out to them as a "safety" warning - or are you specifically looking for compensation?Take it back to the store (if you bought it from a store) and get a replacement or Email the company and explain your issue. You do have to accept that the current "virus" situation WILL have an impact on everyone INCLUDING businesses such as Iceland. Therefore, instances like this where no loss of life has occurred will take a backseat to more important issues such as supply/demand to outlets trying to serve the general public with "non-hair" inclusive foodstuffs! I had a similar issue with the Pukka Pie Company when I actually DID choke on a rock-hard lump of "something" found in a pie. It wasn't bone. I was concerned that it may have been a piece of machinery or similar so I Emailed them with a picture and batch details etc. I wasn't looking for anything in return as I'm not that type of person but they sent me a kind message of thanks and asked for my details. I then received some vouchers in the post, which was nice...

I cut my mouth on a subway!..they had baked the bread with a snapped off wooden tea stirrer in it. Emailed simply for safety concern with no reply received, wish I'd got some vouchers!
Crossbow29/04/2020 14:23

The human hair is the best of the lot as far as I'm concerned! The others …The human hair is the best of the lot as far as I'm concerned! The others on the list are: ArsenicAntifreezeBeaver anal glandsFish bladderCoal tarSilicone breast implant fillerBoiled beetle shellsRodent hairBoraxIf anyone's wondering, the above list is from 10 gross ingredients you didn't know were in your food (Guardian article)

My point was that it's in all processed food but because we don't read we expect recompense and we act like

40577506-HJNFP.jpg
MadeDixonsCry29/04/2020 14:44

My point was that it's in all processed food but because we don't read we …My point was that it's in all processed food but because we don't read we expect recompense and we act like[Image]

I think I need new glasses!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions