Groups

found a leak in my fiesta any idea what part this is?

pic below

9 Comments

looks like rain

Coolant? Can you see the coolant pot, normally pink for Ford's i think.....might be orange.
    Can't be that many, there's only coolant, screen wash, oil and brake fluid normally in there......he says, trying to remember lol
    Edited by: "boydent999" 28th Aug 2010

I have little if any knowledge of cars but just guessing as best i can.
    You say brakes working well but is the brake fluid pot at the correct level?
    Does the leak increase in volume when you apply the accelerator?
    Or is it just when the engine is idling it's leaking at the same constant rate?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3257/3184963395_22664615fb.jpg

have you got air con ?

ok rules that out then, those pipes are powering steering pipes & they look corroded, could be power steering fluid weeping out.
    Edited by: "richp" 28th Aug 2010

Banned

Are you sure those are power steering pipes? i thought the ran along the firewall?

Banned

I think the pipe is the water coolant pipe for radiator,

Keep an eye on engine temperature gauge if it rises over halfway mark you have an overheating problem due to the leak,

I'm assuming you have a late 90's to early 00's fiesta?

garbage456

just noticed the power steering fluid is going down

yep that's because your pipes are corroded, it usually corrodes where they go through that mounting bracket. Trip to your local Ford dealers for the part, not sure if there is an alternative aftermarket part, as we only fit genuine, as we can be confident they will fit !
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. New Nintendo 3DS XL – SNES Edition available in UK from October921
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …162403
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846290
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread416014106

See more discussions